Cintas

www.cintas.com
  www.cintas.com

Cintas Reviews

These reviews contributed towards 2010's Best Places to Work recognition. See ratings and reviews for all time.
3.6

Cintas CEO Scott D. Farmer
Scott D. Farmer

Pros
  • As everyone else says 4 day work week is great loved the 3 day weekends (in 44 reviews)

• decent pay with opportunity for advancement (in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • High expectations, weekend paperwork required, not a lot of work-life balance (in 39 reviews)

• Mgrs are expected to work very long hours with very little overhead support (in 46 reviews)

More Highlights

Great fringe benefits but salary stinks!

Current Employee - Major Account Manager
    Current Employee - Major Account Manager

I have been working at Cintas

Pros

Flexibility and endless opportunity to earn commission. The car package is great too. Free car, free gas, free insurance. The flexibility ensures a healthy work/life balance. Recognition is a plus for Cintas. They post results daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly so you know where you stand vs. your peers.

Cons

Salary is very low compared to other sales organizations. Another downside to Cintas is that there is very little room to grow if you are not a white male. Our organizations leaders above my role are all white males. This is discouraging. There is also no focus on growing an individuals strengths or improving their weaknesses.

Focus more on improving your sales force on an individual level.

Great Company

Current Employee - Service Manager
    Current Employee - Service Manager

I have been working at Cintas

Pros

Cintas offers all partners the opportunity to advance in the company. Cintas offers training in virtually every area of the business through online programs and seminars. Management at this company has an open door policy and respects the ideas of their partners. Cintas offers great benefits and fronts the cost for the majority of these. Work hard with this company and good things will come to you.

Cons

Management can sometimes be slow to move on important iniatives. Goals are often very lofty and can sometimes be seen as unachievable. The 401K match is subpar to other companies of this size and bonuses are very hard to reach.

Go to partners in the field before and major decision is made and get their opinions.

Small company feeling, corporate backing.

Current Employee - Service Representative in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Service Representative in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Cintas

Pros

The best reason to work for Cintas Document is the atmosphere of a smaller company with the backing of a corporation. Every day my immediate supervisor give constructive feedback to help me succeed. They are always available, knowledgeable, and eager to keep their employees happy. In fact, keeping their employees happy is their goal. Every review I do is centered around the mantra of keeping their employees happy.

Cons

A downside is also the atmosphere of a smaller company. If you aren't the type that craves constant contact with your boss than Cintas Document is not for you. I find it o.k. but at times it can feel like overkill. I wonder, at times, why he's in my business... but I guess that's his job....

Be consistent so we can help you out.

Sign customers up and deal with the problems later.

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Cintas

Pros

Good Benefits, and compensation package.

Cons

Awful operations, complain about the budget and now how customers are being taken care of. Sales are expected to sell with lack of inventory. Have to sign 5 year contract.

Care more about customers and not budgets and maybe the budget will fix itself.

Low blow below the belt. Come on guys, you got to think things through a bit better.

Current Employee - Facility Services Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Facility Services Sales Representative

I have been working at Cintas

Pros

Advancement Opportunities. Plus, the company uniforms are really amazing!

Cons

Crappy expense report requirements, I could hardly get my paper clips expensed out!

Do the research before getting hired on.

You get back what you put in!

Current Employee - Catalog Sales Manager in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Catalog Sales Manager in Allentown, PA

I have been working at Cintas

Pros

You get back what you put in. If you care about your performance and desire the responsibility that may greatly affect many aspects of the business Cintas is for you. You are your own manger in many respects & with that comes the expectation that you will achieve the goals necessary to grow your business and greatly increase the long term value of the company. Working with the customers & helping your partners achieve their goals is a hallmark of what is great about being a manager @ Cintas.

Cons

Work/life balance but to be great many hours have to be put in & hard work is necessary.

Stay true to the foundations of our business. Niche markets should not comprise the foundation for the years business plan. We're great at floor mats, towels, the rental & purchase of uniforms. Stay committed to this and our long term value will be sure to grow.

Career Advancement at great stable company

Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cintas

Pros

Career Advancement opportunities for those that want to work hard.

Cons

You have to pay the price to be great, which means sometimes way more than 40+ a week. Have to adapt to situations on the fly.

Continue to invest in R&D and technology.

Expreience that will translate to any industry or any occupation.

Current Employee - Service Training Coordinator in Juneau, AK
    Current Employee - Service Training Coordinator in Juneau, AK

I have been working at Cintas

Pros

Expreience that will translate to any industry or any occupation.

Cons

Work/life balance when in management,.

You have to pay people what they are worth should you want your management team to be around for life.

Work hard Play when you have time.

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Cintas

Pros

Career development and growth potential they provide a great platform for you to hone your skills. Cintas is a strong company that rewards partners based on performance and not tenure. The future is bright despite the slow economy, that will eventually turn around. Cintas is a cash company and will always be driven by its customers and its ability to make profits by exceeding customers expectations. When Cintas took over our company we saw a dramatic improvement and structure that helped all the partners excel beyond what they thought was possible I could not be happier about my choice to work for Cintas.

Cons

The amount of hours you will put in. If you are a non stop go getter you will never take time off unless you are made to by management.

Great place to work and grow.

Cintas - A career for life.

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Cintas

Pros

The benefits are one of the best features of employment at Cintas. My health insurance is second to none. The support for a balance between my professional life and personal life is outstanding, even though long hours are sometimes needed to get my work done. The people at my location are awesome to work with. Opportunity for advancement is great!

Cons

Salary partners sometimes work long, long hours. The dental insurance is nothing to write home about, but still good.

Good job overall, but could use a little more people skills.