CipherCloud

Pravin Kothari

Avoid this "Rocket Ship"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at CipherCloud full-time

Pros

The majority of the non-management team are great people. We get catered lunches on Friday.

Cons

Except for a few individuals, the Executive "Leadership" team is completely incompetent. Management constantly pulls employees in different directions and then is quick to throw them under the bus when projects are delayed and metrics aren't hit. It's well known within the company that one of the SVP's has an extensive history of documented unethical behavior and employees are really questioning working for a company that hires a person of that quality for an executive position. If you're not a "Yes man" you're going to hate coming to work everyday.

Wake up and realize this is NOT India, employees demand your respect. Bring in ethical leaders. Stop posting over the top fake reviews to dupe potential employees "Fraud" and "Lawsuit" probably aren't things you'd want being associated with an executive, but that's just my opinion.

Bad experience - talented programmers beware!

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in San Jose, CA

I worked at CipherCloud full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free Friday lunch and cool non-management team

Cons

I've been programming at CipherCloud for a few years now. I came to CipherCloud because I wanted to stay away from large corporations. However, my experience at CipherCloud was a very bad one. Upper management treats employees with zero respect, while my counterparts at the Hyderabad have it way worse! Customers are constantly leaving due to bad customer service and ridiculous fees. All these other positive reviews are fake ones posted by the marketing team. People are quitting left and right, so If you're a talented programmer, you should run and don't look back.

QUIT.

Awesome

Current Employee - Senior Person in Reykjavík (Iceland)
    Current Employee - Senior Person in Reykjavík (Iceland)

I have been working at CipherCloud full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great company. Motivated staff crushing the competition. The market leader by any measure, people, revenue, clients, etc etc etc just wish I had more days in the week to continue building this wonderful company.

Cons

Time difference to HQ! Need more snacks. Be nice to not have to be on so many late calls but that's the downside if any Silicon Valley company.

Take the gloves off more. Competition takes the low road a lot.

Horrible Company to work for and buggy software

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at CipherCloud full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I worked for the company for over a year. It is a startup and they have some perks like free lunches on Fridays and some snacks, but that is it. Most of the non-management team is good and have fun but the management team makes it hard to do your job.

Cons

The executive and management team is horrible. They rule by fear and confusion. I had multiple managers at any given time I reported to. I got different direction all the time from the multiple managers/executives which caused confusion for everyone else. The manager/executives didn't trust each other which is what caused a lot of the confusion. The management was horrible in giving employees annual reviews and any guidance. They brought new management in from large companies like Oracle and SFDC which even caused more confusion and lowered the employees morale. I tried to go to HR about my concerns but I was ignored. Many employees were fired for speaking up.

it is known within the company that the CEO is always looking for replacements for every member of the company and the executive team does not hesitate to use this to scare employees. Instead of trying to replace good employees they should focus on helping the employees grow and work on making the product work.

No training for new team members, they try and low ball you on salary when you start, and the benefits are just ok.

With all the awesome startups this company should get their act together since they already see really high turnover.

They need a strong leader that can actually lead and help the company and employees flourish instead of employees being in fear of losing their jobs all the time.

Executives from large companies are not a good fit for startup environments since they have no clue how to grow a new team and new product in a new market. The management team should think about actually looking for talent from high growth startups.

Awful company with a decent product

Current Employee - Engineering in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Engineering in San Jose, CA

I have been working at CipherCloud (more than an year)

Pros

Decent security product, free Friday lunch and smart co-workers.

Cons

CipherCloud is a company that runs on "Kool-aid." Too often, you hear the term "rocket ship" being thrown around. However, There is far too much drama within the management team for any employee to grow - business and engineering people included. Management refuses to believe competitors offer similar, if not better products. This rocket ship is going nowhere fast.

Clean house and hire management members that are honest, respectable and experienced.

Best Place to start your career

Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at CipherCloud full-time (less than an year)

Pros

> Tons of technology to learn.
    > Work Place culture is too good (Feels like home)
    > Superiors and Management are interactive and are available all the time.
    > Rapid career and organization growth potential.

Cons

> Work-Life balance is a concern here

It would be good if we have a bus facility rather than travelling allowances. This could also help company to go into people and get noticed by others.

Fast growing company, great team!

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Role in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Role in San Jose, CA

I have been working at CipherCloud full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have been at CipherCloud for nearly 2 years. It is rocket ship company! It has grown over 300% since I joined.
    Great culture and great team
    Awesome technology - enabling enterprises to adopt cloud applications
    Fast moving and opportunity to drive strategy and execution
    Fun Fridays
    Great mix of young and experienced folks
    Paolos
    Ring the Bell when we win new deals

Cons

Probably could use some more healthy break room options. I think I have put on 10 lbs since I joined.

Keep growing the company, keep investing and dominate the market

A good place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at CipherCloud full-time (less than an year)

Pros

1) A lot of changes are happening in CipherCloud.Initial feeling is that all these changes are for good.
    2) I'm working in tokenization team and some of the coolest and smartest guys in CipherCloud are in this team.
    3) Team is extremely helpful and your opinion matters all time.
    4) In my team it's all about how much efficiently and smartly you contribute,not how many hours you spent in office :) .

Cons

1) HR policies,especially leave policy has to be improved
    2)More employee benefits

Pathetic recruitment process/recruiters..

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at CipherCloud (less than an year)

Pros

With such a recruitment or on boarding process I don't see any pros...

Cons

No transparency in the recruitment process & unprofessional way of turning down the offer with out informing but collecting all personal documents..Pathetic recruitment process/recruiters..

Amazing learning!!!

Current Employee - Senior Manager - Marketing in Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Manager - Marketing in Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at CipherCloud full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Its has been a very career rewarding journey. Have learned so many things and seen my efforts getting shape well. Senior management has always be very supporting. One thing I found great about CipherCloud was their investment in best available tools to help employees do things in smarter way.

Great Product and technology

Cons

nothing major which I can think of.....

Great job!!! waiting for more products to be added to the portfolio...