CipherCloud Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.6
Pravin Kothari

Pros
  • I joined the company because of great technology (in 4 reviews)

• I like the team spirit, work culture and encouragement from seniors If any employee wants to try something new (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • They have no concept of work-life balance (in 4 reviews)

• HR policies,especially leave policy has to be improved (in 3 reviews)

1. No Vision

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

I worked at CipherCloud (More than 3 years)

Pros

promising product, good colleagues, good benefits

Cons

no defined process, bad decision making and no vision.

Advice to Management

Be a leader and stand up for your employees.

Not good

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Hyderābād (India)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Hyderābād (India)

I worked at CipherCloud full-time (More than a year)

Pros

OK work, leaves, coffee machine :P

Cons

bad mgmt, no design, no attention towards quality.

Advice to Management

Please dont do micro-mgmt

Innovation, Energy and Diligence

I worked at CipherCloud full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CEO leads by example with his innovative ideas, energy and diligence. As a former employee, I consider the technology , the CEO, and some of the teams as key factors that make a difference. The quality, energy, team work and diligence are seen everyday when working with people in the Product Management, Quality Assurance and Support teams.

Cons

I had the opportunity to work and interact with members from several teams across the organization. While there are some teams like Product Management, Quality Assurance and Support that are focussed on quality , there are others like Engineering who have no understanding of quality and they build the products.

False HR reviews - employees suffering

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at CipherCloud full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing is exciting here except that for time being I am employed.

Cons

Nothing is going great and stop giving false promises to employees and also false info to the customers . Accept the blunder and start rebuilding the organization with professionals. Don't play with the careers and personal lives of the employees. All the good employees left. Sorry made to leave.

Advice to Management

They wont take any advice else they would have acted upon the reviews here instead of posting false reviews. Just look at those positive reviews their format and pattern is almost same as if written by the same person. can't you show some common sense here.

Lots of Potential!

I worked at CipherCloud full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was an employee of CipherCloud for over 1 year. During my time there, I learned a ton and had the wonderful opportunity to work with a very dedicated and intelligent group of employees. Great work experience!

Cons

More communication from the top down.

7. Great place to be...

I have been working at CipherCloud full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Team members are friendly and work in a collaborative way Lots of new products and version releases keep everyone occupied and challenged Leader in the market segment

Cons

Reduce some unnecessary processes within the groups

Lots of Talent and Potential

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at CipherCloud full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've worked at both small and large companies, some startups and others well established and there are pluses and minuses to each. The biggest make or break as to whether or not you enjoy the work and the job is your direct manager. The second largest factor is the people you work with and make up your immediate team. The fact that my manager was an excellent mentor and someone I truly loved working with made my time there a pleasure. There is also an extremely talented pre-sales engineering team there who will bend over backwards to assist whenever and wherever they can. CipherCloud is a startup and comes with all the typical hurdles typically seen at startups. These can be counted as either pluses or minuses depending on how you view them. Less established formal process and procedure means you'll sometimes struggle with figuring out how to proceed, but on the plus side it'll mean less red tape to navigate through to actually get things done. You'll learn a ton at CipherCloud and work with some amazingly talented people. I know I did.

Cons

There have been some misteps on the strategy and product sides in the past. Communication on direction and flow of information downward to staff has also been an issue in the past. But upper management seems to be committed to changing this. Before I left there was a commitment made regarding improved communication and I saw first hand that management was sincere about this, things were improving dramatically in this area. There is competition from several of the SaaS providers in the encryption arena which often adds confusion for potential clients looking for cloud based security solutions. But CipherCloud does have a unique offering and now that they've refocused on what they do well instead of trying to push themselves in too many directions, I think they'll do well in this space.

Advice to Management

Stay focused and committed to what you do well. Keep the lines of communication that have recently been opened back up open and maintain transparency with your teams.

CipherCloud is a startup, accept it and reap the benefits

I have been working at CipherCloud full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CipherCloud has the typical growing pains of a startup, sure they have had some bumps along the way, but they have more than 50 fortune 500 customers, solid backing, and a high renewal rate. They also have a larger staff, customer base, and revenue than all direct competitors combined. Recent rightsizing to staffing was less than 10% of total employee count. If you are looking for a challenge with great opportunity CipherCloud is a good choice. If you are looking for another cushy valley job to continue to collect benefits, this is not the place for you. They have an excellent healthcare plan and support working from home.

Cons

Challenges are more in the technology than staffing. Security is a tough market and integrating with large SAAS providers is hard work. Sr. Leadership has made some bad decisions, but in general, they are learning from these mistakes. It's a startup, and with that comes instability.

Advice to Management

Continue to make changes necessary to improve product and keep employees informed.

Company is circling the drain...

I worked at CipherCloud full-time (More than a year)

Pros

they have free lunch on Fridays, but you are forced to sit for 45 minutes minutes and listen to boring company presentations. There is an onsite gym you can use. The kitchen is well stocked for drinks and healthy snacks.

Cons

The company does not value its employees. Employee morale was in the toilet the entire time i worked there, and the management team simply ignored that and hoped for the best. High turnover rate due to low pay and no advancement opportunities. Internal systems very disorganized. They refuse to pay market rates or offer competitive salaries or benefits. Despite HR talking about how they valued employees and were going to bring people up to market level salaries, that never happened, and the HR person was so disgusted by lack of caring on management's part she actually left. A recent massive layoff just occurred, I would not suggest anyone looking for job security, good pay or a great work culture to apply here until they stabilize.

Advice to Management

Invest in your talent. You hire at rock bottom rates, and dont offer any incentives for staying, and your talent walks out the door. Listen to your employees. Develop a real culture that your employees can get behind. Offer more competitive vacation and salary options.

100+ employees were laid-off recently

Current Employee - Software Engineer QA in Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer QA in Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at CipherCloud full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can learn great technologies and have knowledge on Cloud domain, technologies and security

Cons

- Products are good but poor quality - Management is disaster - Laid-off 100+ employees recently - Run away from this company and don't join this company until unless you have any other option

Advice to Management

Have a better vision and plan how to run this company

RSS Feed </> Embed