Circle K

www.circlek.com

Circle K Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014
Circle K – US – “Circle K”

Robert Lavinia

Pros
  • You get weekly pay and time and a half on most holidays(in 8 reviews)

• starting pay is a little above average, fast paced most of the time, break every two hours,good for a second job(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • They want their employees to be like QuikTrip's employees while only paying them minimum wage(in 10 reviews)

• Upper management policy and store level reality are two separate worlds(in 10 reviews)

OK company

Management (Current Employee) High Ridge, MO

ProsOK work environment, great benefits for store manager

ConsLow pay, to stressful of work environment due to poor labor from corporate end

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter pay

Not the greatest

Cashier/Maintenance/Cook/Stock (Former Employee) Brook Park, OH

ProsBenefits you get Free drinks and meet new people.

ConsNever get the promised raise. Almost all of them still use outdated technology. They want your all but don't treat their employees that great. Just my experience.

Cashier

Cashier (Former Employee) Independence, OR

ProsI got paid on time. The customers were great

ConsThey do not offer pay upon experience. Getting time off is difficult. Very over worked. Part-time job that I worked full time.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Mixed Pace and Great Hours

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Norton, OH

ProsThe job is great. I don't know why many people don't like it. I enjoy talking to the regulars, but it takes a couple of weeks to feel comfortable. The work is generally faced paced which makes the time go by fast. My co-workers are great, and my boss is very flexible with me, but that's because I work hard and get stuff done. I get the full 30 hours every week I ask for and don't have to work night shifts. You get weekly pay and time and a half on most holidays.

ConsNo lunch break but you can eat on the job
    The training program was terrible

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the training program. It is way outdated and attempts to teach common sense.

I enjoy the job, a lot.

ProsFast pace work, time flies by.

ConsNo breaks or lunch breaks really, and gets stressful at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Advanced quickly, good training but had huge turnover of employees.

Cashier (Former Employee) Erie, PA

ProsGot the hours I wanted and the shift I wanted, was flexible to work around another schedule, close with customers

ConsWorked alone, very high corporate expectations, no employee perks

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees better and you might have less of a turnover of people

Don't expect too much

Customer Service Associate (Current Employee)

ProsIts a great company to work for on a temporary basis. They do offer growth and advancement (not a lot, but more than you would find at other business's at this level) and the management is awesome. For the most part its very fast paced which is good when you're doing something simple. The time goes by fast, and the job duties are not very hard at all.

ConsDealing with the public. For some this is a plus, but not me. As for the business, the only bad thing is that whenever things go missing, they always jump to the employee first and accuse everyone of stealing. They look at the cameras and they ask you a bunch of questions and then treat you like you can't handle yourself, even if you're innocent. The biggest con is the lack of reliability on your schedule. Almost every week I am tossed around between first, second, and third shift. It makes it hard to get enough sleep and remember what days and times you work.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people who are willing to work and be reliable, and make sure you are actually staffed enough to handle the workload.

No home work balance

Store Manager (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsWorking with customers and some wonderful employees

Conson call 24/7, very poor training program,

"Good place to start with but not better"

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsGood place to build up your career in Customer service. Its a place where you have to deal with different kind of people with positive attitude always, welcome, greet and have to neutral all the time.

ConsDealing with different types of customer

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

It was okay.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Baton Rouge, LA

ProsBest reason to work here is because they give you hours you just have to be willing to work.

ConsChallenges are dealing with testy managers znd keeping the store in tip top shape while working alone.

Worked for Circle K? Contribute to the Community!