Circle K Reviews

Updated October 27, 2014
Updated October 27, 2014
2.8

Robert Lavinia

Pros
  • You get weekly pay and time and a half on most holidays (in 11 reviews)

• If you can make it as a CSR at a gas station-there is no customer service job you can't handle (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Clearly upper management does not value their employees personal time (in 17 reviews)

• Part time employees get maybe 29 hours at federal minimum wage (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Managers have no personal life

Former Employee - Circle K Store Manager in Baton Rouge, LA
    Former Employee - Circle K Store Manager in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Circle K full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pros are you have a close relationship with yoir staff and it is easy to get upper management involved. Their is plenty of advancement from cashier to manager. The manager pay is okay if all you work is 40-45 hours a week

Cons

Being called at all times of day and nigh. And having to go to work when the shift person never showed up

Management need to come up with ways that can help the managers live a more balanced life so they don't have to drop everything as soon as a cashier feel they don't want to work today

Cool

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in North Augusta, SC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in North Augusta, SC

I worked at Circle K part-time (less than an year)

Pros

benefits, free refills, discount on polar pop

Cons

no break only if you smoke cigarettes

allow us to sit when no customers are in store

Very friendly. And clean

I worked at Circle K

Pros

To meet new people in-store promotion flexibility with hours and pay

Cons

Having a bad crew,not enough people to cover all shifts robberies theft

Pretty nice

Current Employee - Lead Customer Service Representative in Riverside, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Customer Service Representative in Riverside, CA

I have been working at Circle K part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work with your schedule and pretty easy work.

Cons

Can't think of any tho

Keep it 100

IT Department is fantastic!

Former Employee - IT Analyst in Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - IT Analyst in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Circle K full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good senior leadership and well established business. The company knows what they are doing and has a solid back end which well supports the retail locations. Leaders are good mentors and like to grow talent within the company.

Cons

At the time, long standing senior leadership and well established business. It was hard to get promoted to a leadership position because the shared services team did not have a lot of people growth. Folks tended to get promoted as someone exited. The business ran really well, there was opportunity to learn the skills of the technology in place. But there was not a lot of room for growth outside of the "cog" you filled unless you did it outside of the workplace.

Integrate more horizontal organizations to allow your talent to lead the business. Embrace change and innovation, it will payoff in efficiency.

The store manager can make or break the experience.

Current Employee - Store Assistant in Leesburg, FL
    Current Employee - Store Assistant in Leesburg, FL

I have been working at Circle K full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours because most stores are 24/7.
    Getting to know locals and regulars. Many are wonderful people, but they're few and far between.

Cons

24/7 stores never... ever... close. It looms over the heads of managers because they can never really get a break.
    Horrible customers make you regret ever getting hired.

Too much responsibility for low hourly wages.
    -Up the wages for Assistant and CSR's.
    -A heartfelt 'Thank You' or 'Good Work' or any form of gratitude to the frontline employees would be appreciated.

LOW PAY to Work Task ratio, POOR Training

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orlando, FL

I worked at Circle K part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Friendly customers and co-workers, free drinks

Cons

LOW PAY to Work Task ratio, POOR Training

Wawa is paying people $10.50/hr to make sandwiches!!...If you pay your workers nothing, then you get nothing effort.

Fast paced & busy

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in El Paso, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in El Paso, TX

I worked at Circle K part-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you're full time, benefits are better. Flexible hours. The store's always busy & there's always something to do. When I started w/ the company, didn't know too much about the job but I had a helpful staff who helped me get it right. They were patient with me.

Cons

Long hours, not too well staffed when busy. The lunch break is only 1/2 hour & if it's busy & there's only one other person with you, you have to rush. The managers are nasty to the employees. Low pay & when you do get an increase it's 30 cents. You can't really move up in this company because it's who you know. This company employs all ages, I wasn't too happy with the way it treated the senior employees. Perhaps, it's not this way in all Circle K's, this was just my experience.

Don't make your employees do your job because you don't want to come in on the weekends! Speak professionally to your staff as well as the customers. Don't air personal situations/problems where customers can hear. Give praise where it's due & reward accomplishments. Make your employees' work experience a pleasant one. You are in a leadership role.

More Bad Than Good. (East Coast)

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Duncan, SC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Duncan, SC

I have been working at Circle K part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Meeting the customers is interesting and give you chance to find a better job and run from Circle K as fast as you can. I've made some friends working here, and gained customer service experience.

Cons

Low pay ($9.75 CSR), first raise is at 90 days and its .25, but you dont get another one for a whole year and its evaluation dependent. The work is tedious and requires no skill as a CSR (This is subjective as some people like easy work), management seems stressful but you can make all the CSR's do the same grunt work day after day without introducing them to new aspects of the job till they've been there for years (im talking 2-6 years). Reminder, advancement is location dependent. My state doesn't have many locations but i imagine you would have better luck midwest, but its still a crap job. I hate it more and more everyday, and im currently looking for something better.

Give raises more often to encourage commitment, hire full time more often, give more chances to advance, and finally please stop with the excessive suggestive sales. I understand if its a genuine good deal, but people know why they came in the store and asking them if they want chips just because they got a drink is ridiculous, silly, and insulting to the customer. I have asked some of my customers how they feel on this matter and so far they all agree.

Great assistant manger learning experience.

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Newark, OH
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Newark, OH

I worked at Circle K full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The paid vacation time, the Christmas savings fund, the classes you can take to improve your job, Always have chances to get promoted up. The way they do customer service and make sure customers are always satisfied.

Cons

The way they think its always the employees stealing merchandise, never the customers when its in a bad area. I worked for them for 3 in a half yrs and have ran 4 different stores and I got termed out because I had my daughter 3 weeks early and the doctor didn't have my FMLA papers done within the 2 weeks and my boss could have atleast tried to prevent me loosing my job.

Always treat your employees with the respect they deserve and praise them when they are doing good. Instead of scolding them when they do wrong show them the right way in respectful manner.

Circle K Photos

Circle K
Circle K New Froster Program! He's a fan!

+ Add Photo