Circles Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.6
Wouter Broekema

Pros
  • There are two pros: The health benefits and co-workers (in 4 reviews)

• Good benefits plus other words because I have to type twenty words (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Yet I see upper management with their noses stuck to their blackberry as they walk down the hall (in 12 reviews)

• They call it "experiental marketing" but it is actually a concierge call center (in 7 reviews)

Your time here matters

I have been working at Circles full-time

Pros

Joining the Circles team was one of the best moves I could have made for my career. Being here has pushed me to new limits and has given me a great sense of purpose in the work I do. I am reminded of the value I bring to the table and overall management consistently shows its appreciation for everyone's efforts. I always feel like my voice matters.

Cons

Being a small group means wearing a lot of hats and being able to jump in and help even if it is outside of your direct job focus. While I think this is a pro, I can understand this is not an ideal situation for everyone, and yes it can be overwhelming at times. If you are thinking of joining any team at Circles you have to be a team player who is willing to pitch in where needed.

2. Soulless Job

Former Employee - Platinum/Centurian in Chelmsford, MA
    Former Employee - Platinum/Centurian in Chelmsford, MA

I worked at Circles

Pros

You will bond with your coworkers over how much management sucks and how the majority of the callers are entitled and don't how the world works.

Cons

The card members are bad enough but the worst part of this company is the existential crises you will have every morning before you go to work. At circles, every employee is just a body filling up space and taking calls and creating SRs. Turnover is so bad that hiring and training never stop.

Advice to Management

Employees who had been with the company for awhile would talk about how it was before it became so corporate and sterile. Go back to that.

3. It's a job

I have been working at Circles

Pros

Small company - you will know everyone's name and they will know yours. Everyone seems to truly believe in what they are there to do. Decent pay for entry level position.

Cons

Favoritism shows itself often, and work-life balance is often terrible.

5. Good Company to work for

I worked at Circles

Pros

Flexible shifts, extra shifts were available

Cons

Volume of call could be heavy at times during concert seasons

Good before, even better now!

I have been working at Circles

Pros

For being with the company for almost 5 years, I’ve seen it change a lot. When I first started a lot of the business was driven by a specific industry, which drove a lot of the company initiatives and even some of the negative reviews you see posted on this site. However, everyone I have worked with over the years really did care about the business and its employees and tried to make it the best it could be. It is absolutely considered the leader in the industry and provides a high level of service to our clients and customers. In the past year, the company has gone through many changes and I feel strongly it is making the company even better. It has a much more entrepreneurial feel and everyone’s opinions really do matter. From the concierge staff to HR to marketing, there is a genuine care for each other and our clients. Every client really truly matters and each interaction is important to the success of our business. We definitely have an “all hands on deck” approach now and feel strongly that the business is growing in the right direction.

Cons

It does have an entrepreneurial feel and that is not the right fit for everyone. I also love the team aspect and being able to help in all areas if needed, but again some may not want that team feel.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to employees and empower them! Also definitely continue to utilize all that Sodexo has to offer. Make sure to continue the career path for employees - our strong retention will be key!

7. Opportunity, camraderie

Current Employee - Support Staff
    Current Employee - Support Staff

I have been working at Circles full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Circles, owned by a large international parent-company, recently transitioned to a mid-sized, nimble business with a smaller (better!) team including new management, and a new business strategy - this has been since late summer and having worked here for 5 years, I can attest that the office atmosphere since the transition is so much improved; the family-controlled parent-company provides the support and stability of a long-term vision, while Circles' smaller team model allows interaction and input from all employees - as an example, several employees recently began probing into an underutilized revenue stream, and the General Manager announced a portion of the newfound revenue would go towards team events. Under the new business strategy there is tremendous growth, with new client signings every month. It is a fast-paced office, but the operations team is experienced enough to allow employees the time necessary to do the job right, and deliver the best-in-class service Circles is known for amongst our clients.

Cons

The 401k match isn't great, but the rest of the benefits are up to typical 'big company' standards. There are some onsite locations around the state and around the country, but the main office is in Waltham (just off I-95) and traffic is no picnic - fortunately there is some flexibility with scheduling and working from home. Also there is no proper burrito joint in the neighborhood.. a bit mystifying..fortunately delivery options abound - also a new Cafe is opening in the building soon so we'll see what that brings.. there is a small gym in the building, and Prospect Hill Park is right out the side door if you are a runner/cyclist. Also the only uncrowded Market Basket in the world is 1/2 mile away.

Advice to Management

Continue to look for ways to improve the work experience and be sure to continue to look to existing employees as internal opportunities become available

8. Passion for Customer Service

I have been working at Circles full-time

Pros

The best thing about working at Circles is the passion that everyone brings to helping their customers, no matter where they are or who they are. I see that passion from senior leadership down to the front line Concierge staff. The results of this passion are truly amazing and it is an exciting time to be a part of this company.

Cons

While there is nothing about Circles that is an immediate dissatisfier, the company is in a growth pattern and with that comes periods of time where prioritizing all tasks can be daunting.

Worked there in the early days (circa 2002). Most corrupt and unprofessional place I have ever worked for.

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Boston, MA

I worked at Circles full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Title speaks for itself. Good location for ice cream and bagels, nothing more to say. Got to speak with The Rock.

Cons

Looks like nothing has changed. I simply can't believe this place is still in business. Such a shame. Change the name and rebrand.

great out of college experiance

I worked at Circles full-time

Pros

the benifits, work life balance and open doors policy when it was small was great

Cons

small company with a big minded agenda that did not succeed

Advice to Management

Should never have been sold to a Big name company.

You are a warm body in the seat

Former Employee - Senior Service Professional in Chelmsford, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Service Professional in Chelmsford, MA

I worked at Circles full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Learned a lot from my peers

Cons

Leadership needs to be changed

RSS Feed </> Embed