Circor Aerospace

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Scott A. Buckhout

great company. wrong manangement at least where I was, that location closes already

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Sylmar, CA

Prosto many hours, overtime paid, but it does not compensate the low hourly pay

Constoo little pay, so many hours

Dead end job. Slave labor, no benefits, pro-temp agency labor

Stock Room Clerk (Current Employee) Corona, CA

ProsKnowing how many people were temporary workers!

ConsTemporary work ranging from 1 month to 2 years. No benefits! Excessive hours! Horrible planning!

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people. Stop giving 15 cent raises! Pay fair labor wages!

continueing in the wrong path

Machining (Current Employee) Corona, CA

Prosis a relatively clean workplace , good people working there

Conseveryone tries hard , very skilled machinists some 40 pus years of experience , all being treated like they were lost children, management heavy , so the solution ? they hire even more management ! they just arent getting it ! some areas such as tool crib and maintainence has No management at all !

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a New leader that doesnt do bandaid fixes ,more managers in the shop just creates more, problems.
      actually maybe you should just sell this division to someone who knows how to run a machine shop !

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Do Not recommend employment at Circor Aerospace

Design Engineer (Former Employee) Corona, CA

ProsCAP Engineering secretary or administrative assistant was helpful, professional and maintained a positive attitude despite a high pressure, unhealthy environment.

ConsThe director was clueless as to who was performing and was easily swayed by a several lackeys who spent most of their time attempting to make trouble within the department. It was a sweat shop, they used you to work impossible hours over multiple projects with virtually no resources to do the work. RMSS support poor at best due to extreme workload of single POC and possibly lack of US standards knowledge. There were three trouble makers whom were favored by the clueless director, one left in 2011 and another left in 2012 for Moog. The third is still there in a senior position and spends most of his time advertising minor mistakes of others and taking credit for other's works.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue.

well it was just

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosnothing really to say in a positive sense

Consthey did the same old same old aerospace crap and didnt care about an innovations

Another mismanaged company with out of touch management.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Corona, CA

ProsThe people that work there do the best they can with what little is given to them. Everyone digs in their heels and works hard to try to accomplish the impossible.

ConsManagement, Lack of Processes, Lack of Direction, Too many Chiefs going in different directions, No solid foundation or vision to move forward with.

A Very Stressful Place To Work!

Manufacturing (Current Employee) Corona, CA

ProsThey are very organized place to work.

ConsThe management seems to create a very stress filled place to work. They seem to immerse themselves in the thick of thin things and never seem to get things done. Another word wheel spinning going on there. Also, there's very high turn employee over rate.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, and quit acting like everything is good. Quit fooling yourselves in to thinking that your employees are happy. They are not! Quit trying to do more with less. You are killing your employees. A minimum of four employees have died over the last four years.

Very unsatisfactory engineering environment to work in

Project Engineer (Former Employee) Corona, CA

ProsMost of the employees are professional, supportive and non- confrontational. The HR senior rep was a good person, well balanced and very professional in her standards.

ConsWhile the rest of the company was OK, the engineering department was the penultimate place for workplace bullying to grow out of control. This involved just a couple of people, but spread to others as they followed the 'bully rules' (New York Times article).

Director was clueless and supported poor behavior and clever sabotage of certain employees.

Extremely high turnover due to depressive work place atmosphere and back stabbing on the part of several employees.

No thank you, acknowledgements or mentions allowed on performance reviews for going consistently above and beyond job description, such as assisting other engineers in their projects, writing technical strategy power points for the director, taking on extra work when requested and more.

Low raises.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe advice I give to those at Circor International who is responsible for hiring executives at Circor Aerospace, do an anonymous employee survey, find out what's really been going on.

Not a place to expand one's talents

Design Engineer (Former Employee) Corona, CA

ProsInitially things went OK with much support from engineering director. Was given resources to do job and not overworked.

ConsHigh turnover rate among engineers with best talents leaving or laid off. Workload on multiple projects throughout the year without adequate resources, was excessive. Resulting tension in the workplace caused much unprofessional behavior on part of some engineers towards the more talented senior engineers.

Advice to Senior ManagementKnow your managers and allow for resources to be trickled down to those who need them most.

There is a high employee turnover.

ProsYou get to participate in many various functions of the company. I had a great supervisor from whom I learned a lot.

ConsThere is a high employee turnover. This leads to low employee morale. Then, these two factors lead to employees leaving with knowledge and experience which the company needs to stay competitive.

Advice to Senior ManagementAddress the high employee turnover by first understanding why this problem exists.

Worked for Circor Aerospace? Contribute to the Community!