Circuit City

www.circuitcity.com

Circuit City Reviews in Orlando, FL

Circuit City Chairman and CEO Richard Leeds

Richard Leeds

Pros
  • A great place to work, with strong ethics and integrity(in 17 reviews)

• Fun work environment, management wasn't overbearing(in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor upper management drove the company into liquidation(in 20 reviews)

• Senior management disconnected from the realities in the field(in 14 reviews)

6 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

not bad aside from going out of business.

Warehouse (Former Employee) Groveland, FL

Prospay was good while in business

Consthey went out of business...

okay job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Lady Lake, FL

Prosit was an easy job and fun people to work with.

ConsNot enough money could not support your family with pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership is a joke thats why they are out of business.

shipping

Shipping (Former Employee) Groveland, FL

Prosthey had good benefits,hourly pay was ok,you worked alot of hours to get good pay. and you had weekends off

ConsToo many long hours. Some days in peak season you will work up to 18 hours. management was very bad,they did not care about their employees.

Advice to Senior Managementthere is no leadership at circiut city ,very bad management ,This is why circuit city went out of business two years ago.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worst Retail Entity Ever

Product Specialist (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsThe best reasons to work for Circuit City is honestly the great accommodations program they had. It allows you to get a great discount on brands the store may get and many times you may get up to 75% on the product.

ConsIt may be the most unprofessional place to ever work at. No one has a clue what they are talking about, not to mention that the so called management gives you conflicting orders. No matter how hard one works they will never be properly recognized for their efforts and all you will ever receive is scrutiny. The reason customers get bad customer service is cause Management does not care, therefore the employees do not care.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would advice them to take some Management classes in the local Community College at least.

Best Job I've ever had!

Design Sales Consultant (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsThis job gave me some great benefits. Including great medical, dental, vision, 401k, and stock purchase program. I had on average 3-4 weeks paid vacation a year. The other staff was very pleasant and you can make some long term friendships there. The retail environment can give you some good down time and some good busy time. There was a great balance of both busy work and relaxing work. Working in the TV department gave me the ability to watch virtually any movie I could think of. The employee discount allowed me to get the entertainment system I always wanted.

ConsThe retail environment could be annoying at times, with working long hours, weekends, and holidays. Working on "black Friday" was the worst. It would typically be a 15-18 hour workday. Management would always pressure you to go over and beyond to sell the products without any type of compensation. Pushing the "warranty" program could be frustrating at times, if you did not sell it you would be scrutinized by your manager. The professionalism of your co-workers felt like you had an "after school job" and not a professional one. The ability for advancement could have been much better than what it was.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up on internal business to your employees.

Still not willing to pay for top notch help............too bad, cause company is going down.

Design Sales Consultant (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsAt this current moment there is no reason I can think of to work for Circuit City

ConsThey keep cutting pay.
    Long work hours for low pay.
    Bad management

Advice to Senior ManagementYou get what you paid for!!!!!!!!!!

Worked for Circuit City? Contribute to the Community!