Cirilla's

Updated December 21, 2014
Updated December 21, 2014
2.9

Larry Cool

I loved the job but I never felt the love back.

Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Cirilla's

Pros

fun work environment
    generous employee discount
    always a learning experience
    bonus incentives/sales incentives & contests
    awesome regular customers! :)

Cons

safety (Working alone until midnight is not a wise idea no matter what area you live in)
    lack of assistance and support from upper management
    no raises
    dealing with frequent shoplifting and other unsavory customers

I would consider appreciating your long-term dedicated employees who actually care about the company and their customers, instead of letting them go in favor of someone who will do the job for less pay. Think about the quality of work you get from good people versus saving a few hundred dollars. Give them support and assistance when they have ideas on how to better the business instead of ignoring them and in turn letting "them" fail. Trust me. The encouragement and nurturing of those ideas would make you that money you were trying to save in the salary. I made this job my life for many years, and even when I wasn't working, I was still thinking of it in some capacity.

Loved This Job

Current Employee - Sales Associate - Keyholder in Farmington Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Associate - Keyholder in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at Cirilla's full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This job is for very open-minded people. I loved this job. The discount and the people you meet is awesome. They also work with my schedule for me to go to school.

Cons

The pay is minimum wage which is not much if you are trying to live your life ! Being by yourself you can not see everything happening 24/7. Especially with the floorplan.

Their should be security at night time for the safety of the employee when they are leaving at night.

I like my job but the money is just not there.

I have been working at Cirilla's full-time

Pros

Good product, clean stores, female friendly, good training.
    Great benefits for management.
    Good employee discount.

Cons

No raises, ever.
    No scheduled breaks, only one person on a shift so pee when you can.
    Same with lunch/dinner.
    Late nights/safety issue.

Raises. Minimum wage is just not enough, especially since clerks can't go over 29 hours.
    2 people on evening shifts. For safety and breaks.

No such thing as a living wage.

Former Employee - SALES CLERK
    Former Employee - SALES CLERK

I worked at Cirilla's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Employee discount. Great place to learn about sex ed, IF your upper management cares.

Cons

One person coverage at all times. No "lunches". No "breaks". You get to pee, eat, and take a break when there's not customers in the store. Work 5 - midnight Saturday night? Yeah, good luck eating when there's constant customers in the store.
    Starting wage was 7.50/hour. You're promised merit based raises, but shortly after they pretty much admit that it's never going to happen.
    Only 4 people (manager included) working in the store ever. If someone calls off, there are only two people who can possibly come in. Gets tricky when you can't work more than 22 hours a week or w/e they had us doing.
    Managers (at least, mine was) are salaried at 42 hours a week, while they work much more than that in order to not go over on payroll. It's literally impossible to have managers work 42 hours/week and to keep payroll balanced. That's pretty sketchy.
    Overall, you can tell this company does everything they can to keep cost down when it comes to scheduling and payroll. It makes the employees feel like crap.
    I left because another company offered me a wage and hours I could live on, and this company was not happy about it. Ahh well.

Treat us like people who know what they're doing. Get passionate about your company, or sell it to someone who is.

Store Manager

Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Cirilla's full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very fun, Awesome Area Manager, Great Team

Cons

This company pay scale is very low for the positions that are held. Pay increases are needed for management as well as Associates.

If you pay what we're worth we would stay

Fun, easy job, but not much of a career opportunity

I worked at Cirilla's

Pros

Great work environment if you love the adult novelty industry. Very classy, friendly atmosphere for women and couples. Usually awesome, enthusiastic co-workers/managers. Closes at midnight, so the hours aren't too bad.

Cons

Horrible pay - sales associates only make minimum wage, and I left the store after 2.5 years of excellent service with only a 50 cent raise. My manager wasn't allowed to give reasonable, merit-based raises. Larry Cooley Enterprises, the company that owns Cirilla's, isn't passionate about adult novelty - they just want to surpass sales goals without having to put in too much effort. Cirilla's is just another money-maker for their corporation. There is almost no room for growth - there are hardly ever opportunities for promotions. When lower level staff takes a real interest in the adult novelty industry, the higher-ups couldn't care less, even when managers and AGMs try to help them earn more knowledge or responsibilities at work. This job is just a job, maybe a stepping stone at most. It's definitely not a career.

Take more of an active interest in your employees when they want more opportunities to grow in your company and within the adult novelty industry. Allow more options for employees to gain more responsibilities and product knowledge. This isn't just a job to some of us. I started working here because I wanted to pursue a career in adult novelty sales. I could have been a valuable asset to your company if you had only given me the chance because I actually cared. Don't let this happen to those who came after me.

"Disappointing"

Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Cirilla's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great discount! Meet some interesting people. Working in this environment is always fun and exciting.

Cons

No competitive wages, even though you are promised this.
    Low pay for store management position, and you do not receive raises despite how hard you work for this company.
    No room for advancement, even if you're qualified.
    You are replaceable, they do not value you as an employee whatsoever.
    AGM pretty much gets away with anything, like not showing up to work or coming in three hours late and leaving hours early because that person doesn't want to work.
    Set you up for failure. For some reason this company doesn't believe in advertisement like Ambiance or Adult Mart does. Your store could be almost 10 years old and you will still have residents come in never knowing you were even there and what your store is.

Treat your employees better.
    And provide a better salary for store managers, they make one of the lowest salaries I've ever seen from a store management position.
    Check in on your AGMs more, that job is an easy joke to them and they make good money to do nothing but slack off and have the rest of us do their work for them so they can take all the credit.

ADVERTISE!

Fun, exciting, and never the same

Current Employee - Store Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Cirilla's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Customers are fun to work with in finding the best item for them. No day is the same.

Cons

The pay is not very much for the position of Store Manager. You don't get a lunch or any breaks. The company micro manages.

Micro Managing is a thing of the past.

Where is the love

Current Employee - Area Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Cirilla's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

30% merchandise discount, Free movie rentals/

Cons

To long of work hours for little pay, no pay raised and no opportunity for any advancement.

Share the wealth.