Cirrus Logic

Jason P. Rhode

Great company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsGreat Benefits, Good enviroment, Fun atmosphere

ConsPeople are too afraid to say what needs saying

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow a spine

A lot depends on the group you work with...

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsGreat colleagues, fair compensation. Working in certain groups can be very technically rewarding.

ConsManagement is so out of touch with reality. Poor leadership - they are too busy organizing happy hours!

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease recognize the hard-work of engineers.

Cool company

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Mesa, AZ

ProsCompany cares about their employees. This company had a great culture and many fun events for its employees. This is a great place to work.

ConsSeemed to be having layoffs some of the time

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

interesting technology and increasing independence

ProsSmart, irreverent co-workers. Great location. Attention to employee satisfaction such as weekly happy hour, free snacks AND free exercise classes to make up for it, not too many meetings, sense of purpose and progress

Consproblem of being overly dependent on one customer may be on the way to a solution with the acquisition of Wolfson

unprofessional and untrustworthy company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey provide competitive salary and benefits. provide learning on your own experience. if you like happy hour and downtown, they have it.

Consunprofessional with handling work situations. lack of transparency in leadership. lack of team spirit and each one is for his/her own when issues arise. All play the blame game, everyone want credit for work you've done and blame you for their shortcomings. dishonesty spreads and present cross the board within the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to be close to the working teams and listen to them. It is good to have a trusted management team, but you need to challenge them some times.

Should be so much more

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsGreat people. Most have enough experience to be great sources of information
    Challenging work that results in real-world products
    Great perks (ie ACL and SXSW tickets. Nice annual company picnic)
    Re-imbursement for public transportation
    Decent benefits
    Downtown Austin location

ConsSerious schedule pressures result in an over-worked staff.
    No time for vacation. Not paid for PTO that is accrued over maximum.
    Some managers are completely unprofessional and childish.
    Upper management plays favorites. If you weren't around during the lean-times, you're not worthy of promotion. We can't all be drinking buddies.
    Review process is unfair. If you are going to be so selective about hiring the best engineers, asserting 30% "needs improvement" is just plain silly and non-motivational.
    Minuscule raises

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider a management house-cleaning. Get some real team-players in there.
    Everyone should follow the design methodology. Don't allow some managers to act in a vacuum.
    Re-vamp salary caps for this decade and consider reducing " 30% needs improvement" to a case-by-case basis.

Is it too much to ask for a simple Thank-you?

Design Engineer (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsThe pay is great. The perks are nice for single people who want to live in the downtown area. Good rewards from upper management and lots of fringe benefits. Easy access downtown to a lot of food joints. Happy hour on Fridays.

ConsFor family guys who don't drink, the perks aren't quite there. Managers need to be trained better. It was literally years between when a manager has said "Good Job", or "Thank-you" even after putting in 16 hour days for a few weeks to meet a deadline. There is a lack of positive feedback. Support from management just isn't there.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management does a good job of trying to convey a sense of caring about the employee. Cirrus needs to get that level of reward and feedback down at the first level managers. There is too much stress on the first level managers to turn in projects too quickly especially for the one big customer. Branch out, find more customers, and ease the stress of having just one customer that could break the company completely with a decision to go another way. Stop concentrating on the "downtown" feel for the single guy and think about the guys with families.

nice

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosenvironment, perks, happy hours, etc

Consdependance on customer, but is managable

Advice to Senior Managementreally good

Fun, dynamic workplace and a totally awesome place to work and live

Design Verification Intern (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsFriday evenings are pretty fantastic, full of music, activities and food. Sometimes even live music by really nice bands

ConsNone that I felt at my short stint there

Excellent engineering oriented company

Applications Engineer (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsTruly values engineers, supports innovation, low bureaucracy.

ConsNot always obvious how to advance career once you get to more senior position.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Worked for Cirrus Logic? Contribute to the Community!