Cirtec Medical Systems

Be The First To
Add Photos

Cirtec Medical Systems CEO Peter Howard

Peter Howard

Seems to be on an upswing

Program Manager (Current Employee) Los Gatos, CA

ProsTurning the corner to becoming a really solid company. There were some rough times a few years back, but seem to have settled into some management that is doing a good job to focus on long term. The projects are generally very interesting, and the people are great.

ConsIt can be stressful when you hit a lull, but I always seem to be busy.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on a path to re-create the purpose/ identity of Cirtec. We need the refresh that is underway.

A c

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLots of good employees. Good work life balance.

ConsBad middle and upper management. Low pay. Angry customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire good people faster than they leave.

Good Company-Small focus

Program Manager (Former Employee) Los Gatos, CA

Prosinnovative technology and creative minds

Consthin product breadth, too specialized in a small market

Advice to Senior ManagementExpand sales and marketing to obtain more diverse projects, thus increasing product breadth and skillsets

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Collaborative and exciting place to work with great industry visibility

Management (Current Employee) Los Gatos, CA

ProsHigh caliber team with collaborative atmosphere. Opportunity to work on cutting edge medical device technologies. A company conscious of work/life balance. Greater job stability than start-ups.

ConsCirtec does consulting for the medical device industry, so you get recognition for intellectual property you create for projects, but no ownership.

Good variety of interesting work.

Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) Los Gatos, CA

ProsThere is a wide variety of high quality projects; better than many consulting firms. Being a consulting firm, you get a much greater variety of types of projects as well as areas of engineering expertise. You will furhter your skill sets in many different areas.

Overall the people are great to work with. I find the work/ life balance to be very good. The key is that you are responsible for your work. This isn't the place for you if you don't want to own responsibilities and deliverables. If you are open to responsibility, the project managers are fair and reasonable.

ConsAs with any consulting firm, you are responsible for tracking your time/ billable hours. That being said, Cirtec is fairly reasonable about non-billable activities.

Because billable hours run the company, it is harder to do in-depth trainings. Basic trainings are encouraged and supported, but a multi-day event would be hard to come by.

As with any consulting firm, you can have lulls that make some people uncomfortable. Currently very busy with more interesting projects on the horizon.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep those interesting projects coming, that is what the engineers thrive on. While the mfg. is also key to the companies growth, it is the high quality R&D projects that keep the best and brightest here. A modest increase in benefits/ salary is never going to be turned down.

Very bad experience

Senior Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) Los Gatos, CA

Prosmedical device engineering design firm, engineers can access to several different projects and products.

Consbad management, wages 5% to 15% decease, layoff.

A useful stepping stone for better career opportunities

Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) Los Gatos, CA

ProsCompany has a large concentration of employees with advanced degrees

ConsWork-life balance is not a priority

Worked for Cirtec Medical Systems? Contribute to the Community!