Cision
www.cision.com Stockholm, Sweden 1000 to 5000 Employees

Cision Reviews

Updated Jun 24, 2014

Peter Granat

Pros:
  • "Some people in Sales can work from home (others are not as fortunate)"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Work life balance is great, Cision is an Industry leader and the staff is great"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "Zero room for advancement, zero growth opportunities and a depressing work environment to top it all off"
    in 4 reviews
  • "low pay, expect you to do task out of your position title and etc"
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great Place to Work

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

Pros-Culture and Work Life Balance. Cision places a strong emphasis on this and it shows. The people that work here are great and seem to really love their jobs.

- Upward mobility is an emphasis. Management really believes in promoting from within, which is fantastic if you are looking for a company with a strong career path.

-Goals are fair.

ConsI don't have Cons to contribute.

Very outstanding compay

Electronic Processing Clerk (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsThe constant change of work details, and the people.

ConsNot enough career advancement for people without Master Degrees.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot as interested in all levels of job titles role to company's sucess

Cision Sales

Account Manager (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsThe company offers great benefits including summer hours and colleauges were really great to work with.

ConsCompany struggles with communication in between departments sales managers do not work well with each other causing issues with the different sales teams. Sales training is very poor and leadership is non exsisting.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to train Managers on how to work well with each other and lead by example.

Flag Review
    Cision SVP, Group Human Resources responded to this review Jun 16, 2014 EditDelete
    First of all, thank you very much for your input. We pride ourselves on having great people, so it is great to hear you enjoyed working with your team. In regards to the need for additional training ... More
  • We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Account Manager

Account Manager (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsStable Company and they offer a good trainingprogram

ConsHorrible Management who create a hostile work enviroment

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees and be reasonable

Cision was

Broadcast Account Manager (Former Employee)
    Emeryville, CA

ProsThe early years were great with managers that were involved and cared about our team, there was no lack of appreciation for a job well done. Great benefits and great people to work with. Fun product and awesome clients.

ConsManagement & direction disappeared from our daily roles, with the lack of appreciation along with heavily increased work load, stress levels sky rocketed. Cision unfortunately spiraled down to become an unhappy work place.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're ideas were great, but you're lack of action and involvement is unacceptable.

It's mixed feelings

Chicago, IL

ProsVacation policy is really great
    Benefits are pretty good, you get to choose between two medical plans
    For the most part, the people are what make Cision great. Not necessarily the managers or senior leaders ( each department varies) but the actual employees are just good people.
    They have really tried to make change happen for the company culture and at times, you can tell. It has been good changes
    The work/life balance is good for the most part ( again, depends on your department), but I think most people would agree.

ConsThe pay isn't always what you would consider fair or up to industry standards. It's very hard to get increases when you're in certain roles, even if you are given more responsibility. It isn't consistent throughout the whole company.
    There have been a lot of changes and even though some are good ( mentioned above), some just drive uncertainty among the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your people. Communicate with them, it's a small company, there isn't a need to be so formal in your communication, just be open. Bigger changes will only happen when the management and senior leaders advocate for it. Starts at the top...

Don't stop looking for job. There is little to no opportunity at Cision. The company is a sinking ship.

Production Technician (Former Employee)
    Emeryville, CA

ProsPeople are mostly nice, but that's about it.

ConsPoor benefits plan, the sales department tends to forget that their coworkers are human beings (and HR ignores the issue), pay is extremely low for the knowledge base required to do the job, executives only care about the stockholders and will execute mass layoffs to increase stock prices, extremely high turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementCision was hands down the worst workplace I've ever been employed. I witnessed the LA office close and nearly 40 layoffs in a year and half of employment. Three month after I left they announced that they were closing the NY and SF offices (one of which I worked at). I never received a cost of living increase on my paycheck despite the CEO promising that raises were "on there way". The people in my department were the only saving grace of my time spent at Cision. There is zero opportunity at Cision, You will not be promoted and you will not receive a raise. You will end up doing a lot of work that is outside of your job description and you will not be compensated for it. Cision will suck the life out of you.

Fired many lower paid employees to keep VP salaries

Account Executive (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsHad a downtown location, easy access via mass transit.

ConsAny company that hires just to fire within the next year due to "economic reasons"...but keep all VPs salaries the same is unethical. Advice to any person looking for a job should stay far far away of this place.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being so greedy

Great culture, possibly lacking leadership

Account Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsThe environment and culture are really what makes employment here worth while. The people are friendly and helpful in every department I worked with.

ConsThe biggest challenge of working here is to keep up with the constant changes. Typically change is great but when there is strong a strong leadership team to relay those changes and communicate effectively it gets difficult to keep up.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your strongest employees instead of baby-ing the more incompetent ones. Focus on the people that are valuable.

Great learning experience

Client Applications Product Specialist (Former Employee)

ProsFun atmosphere
    Nice management
    Fun team members
    Encourage cross training

ConsNot much room for advancement
    Lower starting pay

Worked for Cision? Contribute to the Community!

Cision Videos

Cision – Why Work for Us?

Where Media and PR Connect. PR and communications professionals come to us to find media information. Target their pitches. Connect with audiences. Monitor coverage. Understand public perception. Respond to crisis. And… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cision reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cision CEO Peter Granat. All 95 reviews posted anonymously by Cision employees.