Citadel Federal Credit Union Reviews

4.3
Citadel Federal Credit Union President & CEO Jeff March
Jeff March

1. Featured Review

I enjoy being a part of a company that is not afraid of change.

I have been working at Citadel Federal Credit Union full-time

Pros

Work life balance is excellent, Comprehensive training program, Substantial amount of paid time off compared to other companies, 401k match with profit sharing, Hourly salaries are above other Credit Unions in the area, The company is evolving and expanding.

Cons

The turnover rate has significantly increased since I started with the company. Lack of healthcare options. Semiannual bonuses are based off of the team’s performance instead of the individual.

Advice to Management

Instead of investing your resources in new branches, focus on the development of the digital environment. Offer more online products that can assist our members. (Example: Accept digital signatures for membership applications, fraud forms, ownership change forms, etc...) Invest more heavily in the communities that your offices are located in. Focus on what makes us great, being a Credit Union!

Citadel Federal Credit Union Response

Apr 23, 2015 – Admin

Thank you for your feedback. Digital is a primary focus area of our organization.Recently we introduced Apple Pay! Stay tuned for more products to come.

Great Place to Work and Grow

Former Employee - Senior Financial Service Representative in Elverson, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Financial Service Representative in Elverson, PA

I worked at Citadel Federal Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunities for advancement. Responsibility. Management recognizes hard workers and provides support

Cons

As growing continues there is a large applicant pool for higher positions but still not difficult to advance if you are driven

Financial Associate

Current Employee - Financial Associate in Exton, PA
    Current Employee - Financial Associate in Exton, PA

I have been working at Citadel Federal Credit Union full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great family-focused company. Very laid back and friendly

Cons

No long-term vision for Investment Division. Marketing is a complete joke and does not fit a business model which plans to expand at the pace outlined in annual meetings.

Advice to Management

Focus more attention on marketing and design, specifically in the digital channels

5. Cliquish self promoting middle management

Former Employee - Manager in Exton, PA
    Former Employee - Manager in Exton, PA

I worked at Citadel Federal Credit Union full-time

Pros

Senior management is takented and focused on growing talent

Cons

Middle management will throw anyone under the bus to take blame away from them. Constantly brown nosing senior management. Have zero financial accumen..party planning is not business development

Advice to Management

To be fair break up cliques and stop promoting brown nosers. Middle management is not developing staff but promoting themselves...not what leaders are supposed to do

Long term employee

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA

I have been working at Citadel Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

a very family work environment

Cons

pay is much below similar jobs in area

7. Great Company

I have been working at Citadel Federal Credit Union full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with, fun environment, fast paced, up to date with technology. The salary is great for starting out and for those who have experience. We have events every once it awhile for employees to get together and get to know each other.

Cons

Some managers put too much pressure on those to can handle getting their sales, the managers may need to focus on others who are unable to maintain personal goals. Getting bonuses are based on branch or team teams opposed to personal goals. I've been able to maintain my personal goals, but have never received the incentive because of my team effort. When applying for a higher position, your direct manager may not always know your background and know what your are capable of, so they would not recommend you, but would recommend another employee who has less knowledge.

Advice to Management

Revise the incentive goals. I would suggest do something for those employees that are able to maintain their monthly or the half way point of the year. Possibly doing more employee get together like the annual awards dinner or most recently the all staff meeting. I believe having an all staff meeting more often would encourage more employees to work harder.

Great company to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous in Exton, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Exton, PA

I have been working at Citadel Federal Credit Union full-time

Pros

Profitable and sustainable organization, focus on customer service and meeting the needs of the members first, good salary, great people, a lot of opportunities to grow within company which makes it a great place to establish a career.

Cons

The benefits used to be great, but unfortunately, we were forced to transition to the HSA account. This has caused quite an increase in out of pocket costs for healthcare. Additionally, there has been less of an appreciation for quality people within the last year. Some manage with a heavy hand and not a lot of recognition, which has caused considerable turnover in some areas of the organization.

Advice to Management

Show more appreciation for the staff finding opportunities to recognize the front line. They rarely hear from anyone other than their manager. Additionally, reconsider alternative benefit programs. I spent the entire HSA account with one trip to the Emergency Room.

9. OK company to start a career in baniing

Former Employee - Financial Services Representative in West Chester, PA
    Former Employee - Financial Services Representative in West Chester, PA

Pros

good direct management, easy access to upper management.

Cons

Very slow upward movement for best performers.

Great organization

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA

Pros

- Organization is focused on delivering a great experience for customers - Strong leadership - Great culture & people

Cons

- nothing major comes to mind

Advice to Management

In general, stay the course.

Service Desk Analyst

I have been working at Citadel Federal Credit Union full-time

Pros

Great environment to work, everyone is really friendly and helpful. The senior management is really friendly and really open about everything, willing to engage in a conversation even if its just for 2 minutes.

Cons

Need more employee events as a company, also more days off especially national holidays.

Citadel Federal Credit Union Response

Apr 23, 2015 – Admin

Thank you for your feedback. We currently have 6 major holidays and 5 "floating" holidays you can use at anytime.

RSS Feed </> Embed