Citco Corporate Services Reviews

Updated July 3, 2014
Updated July 3, 2014

1.9

Patricia Sinton

Some growing pains but the IT infrastructure is always growing and steadily improving.

Current Employee - IT Analyst  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - IT Analyst in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Citco Corporate Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great place. Teams vary of course but overall good management in Ops, beware of crazy politics in Sec but plenty of opportunity everywhere.

The company is growing and technology platforms are maturing. Everything is pretty solid. Even if it's not the latest and greatest, this is a company that cares about implementing technology the right way. If you're looking for growth, opportunity, and can work hard, this is a great career.

Casual attire, great people and office culture, free beer, Starbucks coffee, and excellent benefits. You can earn a great bonus if you work your butt off.

Cons

CA software. Our ticketing system is truly laughable. This company loses millions of dollars in wasted man hours working with slow, inefficient CA software. It should all die in a fire.

Also, weekends suck. Even devs have to put in weekends. You will lose at least a Saturday a month.

AIT is understaffed of devs so get used to legacy code, fast release schedules, and band aids.

Corporate management has not indicated a willingness to invest heavily in the tech stack's long-term future. As such, we are not seeing the strategy and vision you would see at, say, a well-funded startup. We are using, for the most part, 2010 technology.

Ray Martin.

Get some direction and vision, then invest to get us there.

Analyst

I have been working at Citco Corporate Services

Pros

Great benefits and retirement benefits.

Cons

Serious lack of management and lack of communication.

Poorly run company. Poor management constantly looking out for themselves.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Citco Corporate Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits are above average for today's market. They provide coffee, espresso, sodas juices and oatmeal for free in the breakroom. Also provide beer and wine for consumption after working hours. That is where the pros of this company begin and end.

Cons

Managers (a/k/a Associate Directors) seem to be intimidated by Directors and appear to be constantly in fear of their jobs. Training and orientation are horrible. They operate way too lean, and expect way too much from the employees. Everything you do is questioned or second-guessed. and even putting in a 10 or 11 hour day without lunch does not satisfy them.

You can't get blood from a stone. Staffing should be increased to meet the workload. There is and will continue to be lots of burnout as people are forced to do more work than is humanly possible. Do not restrict how and when employees can take vacations - during a town hall, we were told that even though the "official" policy allows vacation carryover, no such carry over would be permitted. Provide sufficient job-specific training for new employees - do not expect them to be experts on the company's technology and systems in only a few weeks without providing the need knowledge, and the time to acquire that knowledge.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Program Manager

Former Employee - Program Manager
    Former Employee - Program Manager

I worked at Citco Corporate Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice Company perks. Not much else that is positive about working for these folks. The office is cleaned regularly by efficient people.

Cons

Everything else. Horrible management, Belittling managers, No follow-up, They are the worst company I've ever worked for.

Watch out Women (is correct). This is a very male oriented firm (European where women should be submissive). Layoff's

Former Employee - To This Day, I Have No Idea (They Never Gave Me One)  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - To This Day, I Have No Idea (They Never Gave Me One) in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Citco Corporate Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Christmas parties, Good raises. Solid coworkers.

Cons

Everything else. I was subject to being called a "scribe" in front of 15 men in a board room (to take notes of the meeting); being hired as a technical writer and instructional designer. I was placed into a small room that I shared with someone else outside my boss' office with a 5' desk and chair.

I worked so very, very hard and it went unrecognized except when it came time for a raise. Very underappreciated. Then laid off. They said of "no fault of my own, but for budget purposes". Then I was told I'm not rehireable???.

Beware Women!

Treat women better and acknowledge their work verbally (perhaps with awards and bonuses??)

Politics, No transparency and beware of Lay off's

Current Employee - Applications Developer  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Applications Developer in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Citco Corporate Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

some Nice people to work with.

Cons

Lot of politics, No encouragement for work done and layoffs.

Very generous company just has a "good ol boy" mentality. Watch out women!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pompano Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pompano Beach, FL

I worked at Citco Corporate Services

Pros

Benefits. Christmas bonus and gifts and parties. Opportunity to go above and beyond call of duty which helped me grow and be where I am now.

Cons

"good ol boys" mentality. As a woman working there three years Was never invited to lunch by my boss tho he invited even men contractors out weekly. I felt very discriminated against from my boss. As a technical writer of ten years at the time, and hired for the purpose of technical writing, was once introduced by my boss in a meeting of all men as "the scribe". To boot? I was laid off after three years and rising above and beyond calls of duty many many times.

In general Give encouragement. And offer praise. Acknowledge milestones of empoyees especially when they excell above and beyond call of duty.

Worked for Citco Corporate Services? Contribute to the Community!