Citi

3.3
2,774 Reviews

Citi CEO Michael Corbat
Michael Corbat

Pros
  • Citi generally has a good work-life balance for a financial services company (in 223 reviews)

• satisfied work place environment with the ability to work from home (in 83 reviews)

Cons
  • I didn't really see any cons with working here except for the obvious lack of work-life balance (in 108 reviews)

• Senior management continues to move jobs from NYC to Buffalo to save money (in 115 reviews)

More Highlights

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Mortgage Consultant

Former Employee - Mortgage Consultant in Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Mortgage Consultant in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at Citi full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great working environment. Good team members that are willing to help when you are in a jam. Management staff are pretty hands off to let you run your own business.

Cons

Not willing to expand. Company is not looking to move into the purchase market as mass lay offs of inside and outside sales reps are squelching many opportunities for advancement.

Massive bureaucracy

Former Employee - Mortgagage Consultant in Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Mortgagage Consultant in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at Citi

Pros

pay was good for performance

Cons

massive entagled mess that cant service its clients. Its amazing this thing is still running! Management is inept at taking suggestions for improvement calling the status quo "the citi way" as an excuse not to change.

Be flexible and willing to learn from those who do the job everyday.

Not A Bed Run

Former Employee - Underwriter in Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Underwriter in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at Citi

Pros

It's just like High School, with all the friends and the drama. If your good the customers will praise you.

Cons

Pay attention to your employees and show it. Chances are we are having just as bad of a day as you are, because remember we are the ones having to calm down the angry clients first.

Citi Employee

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Citi

Pros

Citi has excellent benefits packages. They are undoubtedly among the best.

Cons

Some of the management team isn't qualified for their designated positions. Some of them have been with Citi so long they were promoted based on their time served opposed to their merit.

I would advise senior management to take a close look at the team leaders, supervisors, and managers.