Citi

3.1 2,447 reviews

Citi CEO Michael Corbat

Michael Corbat

2,447 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Citi generally has a good work-life balance for a financial services company"
    in 181 reviews
  • "Allowed to work from home at least three times a week, was given praise for work from upper management"
    in 72 reviews
Cons:
  • "One of the greatest asset working here was the Work Life balance"
    in 88 reviews
  • "Senior management continues to move jobs from NYC to Buffalo to save money"
    in 108 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

CitiCards

ProsPros are excellent benefits that started from day one. They provide tuition reimbursements and the health insurance plans provide great flexibility and pricing. Great time off and job demands are within reason for most entry level positions.

ConsLocation in Greensboro had limited opportunities to advance. It was rare to see an associate promoted to manager and it seem that the business was more prone to hire senior management from outside than from within.

Lease Closer

Lease Closer (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsEveryday is different, allowing you to be challenged. Co-workers and business partners are very willing to assist.

Consoverall great company to work for.

Recommended

Director (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsOpportunity to work with very talented and committed people.
    Opportunities for significant career growth for ambitious and self-motivated people with the prospect of taking on large responsibilities early on in your career.
    Opportunity to travel and great freedom to move internally into new roles and geographically to work from other offices.
    Reasonable investments in training people.

ConsLike many large financial institutions, Citi can be somewhat bureaucratic and, at many times, personal relationships and connections triumph over formal processes in getting things done. As you progress in seniority your day can very quickly become a series of reoccurring and frustrating back-to-back meetings.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Organization under construction

Vice President (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsAlways changing and if you can keep up, its a great place to work.

ConsCompensation is not as competitive as it could be

Advice to Senior ManagementCiti can and should improve retention of good employees

Started as a rep and within 5 years I was able to move into an exempt role with no college degree.

IT Business Analyst (Current Employee)
    Hagerstown, MD

ProsWork-life balance is one of the best benefits. Work from home 4 days a week. Medical, Eye and Dental benefits are very good. 401k is very good and the company matches up to 6%.

ConsOutdated desktop systems. Work overload.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need a way to give input/ suggestion on the services that Citi Offers to their employees. IE. Account Online Thank You Program

personal banker

Personal Banker (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

Proslooking for better offer and better salary

Consconsider the company values and benefit

I have met some really nice people working at Citi and its the people that have made my experience very pleasant.

Vice President (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsCiti is a good place to work as they have great people, flexible work schedules (as long as your manager agrees) and they have an intensive effort on volunteering.

ConsCiti is a huge organization with several businesses and it is hard to know who to reach out to for one thing.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf the company advertises flexible work schedules, the managers working for the company should support it.

Dedicated to Employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Las Vegas, NV

ProsIn the more than five, less than ten years I worked there my compensation more than doubled. Company kept us throughout the recession. Was eventually laid off with the rest of the staff, but received months of notice and a lot of support through the process. Contacts at this company actually helped me get my next job. Lots of opportunities to move around and advance, very supportive culture.

ConsNothing really jumps to mind. Life after Citi makes it apparent how good you had it, because no job will ever do more to take care of you than they will. Note, I was a very low ranked employee. When the people on the bottom can say that, you're doing something right.

Best Learning Experience

Senior Vice President Risk Management (Current Employee)
    Wilmington, DE

ProsYou will be responsible for so many different things in a short period of time. You will learn to manage multiple priorities. You will learn to thrive and succeed in a chaotic environment. The pros are relevant to people who are driven to succeed and grow.

ConsThere are no career development programs.

Great company

Credit Risk Manager (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsWork-life balance, office culture. Good benefits. Overall company results have been improving given the economy. Training provided is adequate and management encourages employees to participate.

ConsLeadership struggles. Compensation is not great. Behind on technology. Management provides conflicting messages on the strategy at times. Higher management message is not disseminated appropriately across all levels of the organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementSalary/Comp not up to par with industry

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!

Citi Videos

Citi – Why Work for Us?

​​Citi works tirelessly to provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services. We strive to create the best outcomes for our clients and customers with… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citi reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Citi CEO Michael Corbat. All 2,447 reviews posted anonymously by Citi employees.