Citi

Updated Jul 22, 2014

3.1 2,472 reviews

Citi CEO Michael Corbat

Michael Corbat

Pros
  • Citi generally has a good work-life balance for a financial services company(in 192 reviews)

• Allowed to work from home at least three times a week, was given praise for work from upper management(in 74 reviews)

Cons
  • One of the greatest asset working here was the Work Life balance(in 90 reviews)

• Senior management continues to move jobs from NYC to Buffalo to save money(in 113 reviews)

2,472 Employee Reviews

Awesome co-workers

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe best part of working for citi was the administrative staff. They were really amazing.

ConsThe person I worked for was really horrible. She made my experience there very traumatic, so much that I would never want to work for citi in the future. I'm appalled as to how I was treated and that she was not reprimanded for her behavior.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your administrative staff better. You need these people in order to make your work day run flawlessly.

Ok

Transaction Services Representative (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible hours, temp-to-perm positions and good coworkers.

ConsFlexibility, raises and promotions based on who you know.

Advice to Senior Management"There's no question that favoritism is a bad management practice: It breeds resentment, destroys employee morale, and creates disincentives for good performance." (Laws Preventing Favoritism In the Workplace)

my review

Consultant (Current Employee) Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

ProsGood support from manager, great colleagues

Consslow support from wintel, service now process very tedious needs so many approvals, so many lay offs during 2012-2013

Advice to Senior Managementbetter provide access to developer for minor applications rather than assign access for wintel support because they are redundant and only makes the deployment slow. They can't even follow simple instructions written on the document. In fact, what they'll do is just to provide you with access and ask you to do the written instructions on your own.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern Experience

ProsAmazing Team, ample of opportunities for personal growth

ConsHard to form professional networks

Meh

ProsMarket presence and reputation, great colleagues, fairly liberal travel policies compared to other banks.

ConsManagement, compensation, lack of strategic direction

Self Managed

ProsGreat global opportunity and ability to grow

ConsManagement should continure to promote work life balance

Overall at Citi

ProsGreat selection of jobs in this company

Consdoes not pay enought. No perks!

great company

Prosthere are lots of opportunity at the firm if you decide to take them

Conscompany is complex and important you learn how to navigate through it

Positive experience

Managing Director (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGlobal footprint with many interesting opportunities in different countries. Compensation comparable to best in industry. Competitive but rewarding environment

ConsBureaucratic and complex structure with matrix management. Personality oriented with frequent changes in strategy. Increasingly becoming a clubby culture with senior connections gaining over merit

Product Control Intern

Product Control (Current Employee) Budapest (Hungary)

ProsAbsolutely good atmosphere, really nice colleagues! Gives you great insight to the world of Investment Banking. Prestigious. Really great opportunity to start your career. Ability to work on many projects and tasks even as an intern (although it relatively highly depends on the team you are in). International. You really can learn a lot (but this also depends on where you are...but still)

ConsVERY high fluctuation of employees - you might start to wonder why... Tasks can be a bit monotonous sometimes. But then again, sometimes the work hours can be really long (even as an intern).

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to keep your employees...

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!