Citi

Updated Jul 24, 2014

3.1 2,475 reviews

Citi CEO Michael Corbat

Michael Corbat

Pros
  • Citi generally has a good work-life balance for a financial services company(in 192 reviews)

• Allowed to work from home at least three times a week, was given praise for work from upper management(in 74 reviews)

Cons
  • One of the greatest asset working here was the Work Life balance(in 90 reviews)

• Senior management continues to move jobs from NYC to Buffalo to save money(in 113 reviews)

2,475 Employee Reviews

Everyone who ISN'T on the phones LOVES their job

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsGood starting pay
    Time off system is great, not having to go through any superiors
    Floating/paid holidays
    Paid training
    Contests/employee involvement
    Set schedule
    Benefits are great (of course because the job sucks)

ConsIt's a call center
    Annoying customers
    Scheduling isn't flexible
    You will get fired over cell phones!!

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand your staff is human! How about you get back on the phones 8 hours a day and have PERFECT calls. Most of the unit managers were hired from outside of the company and have NEVER been on the phones or were promoted within ages ago and don't remember what it's like

Sitting on a time bomb.

ProsBenefits,peers, middle management, flexibility of work force

ConsNever safe from lay offs, constant change with little warning or training, lack true leadership

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest effort in keeping employees that are loyal to business practices engaged.

Executive VP

Executive Vice President (Former Employee) New York, NY

Prosgreat team and highly energetic team spirit

Consdisorganized mgmt. decisions, lack of leadership

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to your colleagues

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

System Porgrammer

CICS Systems Programmer (Former Employee) New Castle, DE

ProsGood company with complex financial structures.

ConsDid not have enough cash for expansion during financial crisis

Advice to Senior ManagementOver expanse.

Unorganized

Vice President (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsNice people that are easy to get along with. Very few "attitudes" and people are pleasant, even if they're not always happy.

ConsSeems like departments work against each other. Got tired of hearing that client deliverables were being held up because another team didn't have the budget/prioritization to work on it.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop cutting people and empower lower level employees to cut through the bureaucracy.

Will I be fired today?

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsStrong team building with resourceful Managers to complete task.

ConsNo stability with a constant month to month lay off hanging over your head.

Advice to Senior ManagementWorkers can't perform with a constant threat of termination hanging over a group.

Experience in IT very good the first 10 years but over the past 5+ years, morale & environment have gone off a cliff.

Infrastructure Senior Manager (Former Employee)

ProsOpportunities to advance and learn were great. Remote work option was encouraged from upper management on down (within IT areas not requiring a physical presence). Benefits and time off policies are pretty standard for the industry. Most people work well together (even across disciplines) to get the job done.

ConsRecent management changes placed focus on reigning expenses, with an increased focus on personnel (versus productivity, automation, etc.). This has contributed to low morale within IT areas. Company is focused on moving IT staff to lower cost locations (midwest and overseas) and/or outsourcing certain support tiers. IT management power structure has shifted overseas. Trust within regional teams has become a major issue between staff and IT upper management .

Too much change

Vice President (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThis company is going through a lot of change in the back office. When the dust settles might be a decent place to work.

ConsFor back office employees the culture is terrible, senior management are clueless, bonuses are a joke.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop grooming bulldog managers and start looking for some true leaders.

Started as a rep and within 5 years I was able to move into an exempt role with no college degree.

IT Business Analyst (Current Employee) Hagerstown, MD

ProsWork-life balance is one of the best benefits. Work from home 4 days a week. Medical, Eye and Dental benefits are very good. 401k is very good and the company matches up to 6%.

ConsOutdated desktop systems. Work overload.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need a way to give input/ suggestion on the services that Citi Offers to their employees. IE. Account Online Thank You Program

Organization under construction

Vice President (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsAlways changing and if you can keep up, its a great place to work.

ConsCompensation is not as competitive as it could be

Advice to Senior ManagementCiti can and should improve retention of good employees

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!