Citi

Updated Jun 28, 2014

Citi CEO Michael Corbat

Michael Corbat

86 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Very skilled people to learn from.

Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee)
    Irving, TX

ProsA competitive environment with some of the best minds in the industry.

ConsRed tape and procedures to submit changes and requests.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue employee feedback.

Great company to work for in security department

Perimeter Security Engineer (Current Employee)
    Irving, TX

ProsThey have a 4/3 work/off 3/4 work/off schedule that is great. Learned so much at the job, real world and work experience that had proven extremely valuable

ConsWhen they convert you from contractor to employee you will take a big party cut, no supplemental training provided.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide training and keep employees at their contract rate.

Poor Management and opportunity and outright corporate misbehavior

Senior Program Manager (Former Employee)
    Irving, TX

ProsGood benefits. I hate to say it, but that's about it.

ConsTypically poor management, including severe office politics and under qualified management teams. It would be one thing if people were capable of getting better, but typically management makes the same mistakes over and over. Strategies change very often, with dictates from NY that fail to drive beneficial status, while they refuse to listen to people who know what they are talking about. Management even outright lied in a town hall saying Citigroup had "no significant part in the mortgage security crash" in 2008. Really?

Advice to Senior ManagementDump your employee review process. Forcing people into a bell curve doesn't make sense. Managers should be able to make honest reviews of their employees and not be forced into giving undeserved (or unearned) ratings. Listen to people, don't dictate. Figure out who Citigroup is and build it. Don't be everything and fail to accomplish anything.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Home Owner Support Specialist

Host (Former Employee)
    Irving, TX

ProsGood benefits laid back management equipment is fairly new good location good vacation and sick time available availability to flex time off on site gym and on site cafeteria also on site banking services company sponsor vendors with especial prizing and offers divers culture and good networking options as well as volunteering

ConsManagement lack vision and doesn't recognize internal talent production floor it's hectic upper management lack touch with production cut throat business

Advice to Senior ManagementTake off the blinders and see the talent around before they migrate to other company

Go elsewhere if you want job secuirty

Mortgage Default (Current Employee)
    Irving, TX

ProsDecent benefits, ample vacation, holiday, sick time, sufficient pay

ConsLayoffs at Citi have been constant for the past 10 years. I have worked in several different departments that all went through massive layoffs at some point. I just move around to avoid it but you can't run forever. The pay at Citi is ok but still below competitors and there is no such thing as a merit increase. No matter how great you are at your job you won't get a decent pay raise. Your manager will tell you how you exceeded expectations and give you a 2% raise. When you question it the response will be "well other people only got 1%" Management seems to live in fear of their bosses which leads to bad business decisions that only seem to affect non-exempt employees. Right now Citi is not a good place to work due to lack of job security and stagnant pay and almost no opportunity for advancement. Lateral job moves are always available but you will be stuck in the same pay grade.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease use better business practices that were in place in the past but discarded in favor of superficial changes that just make the company look better but really haven't made it a better company. Stop operating out of fear and causing havoc by constantly changing policies and procedures without so much as a word to the people that actually do the work.

Great company if you are in the right group

Accounting and Finance (Current Employee)
    Irving, TX

ProsWork/Life Balance, Insurance, 401K and plenty of opportunity to try different jobs/careers if you are unsure.

ConsThe company always has a flavor of the month and lacks direction. Recently it has gotten better, but we'll see if they stick with it or not. Many people have long tenure, which can be seen as good, but it also means that advancement sucks and everyone is resistant to change. It seems that Citi wants to move forward, but they can't do it with the same old thinking that got us here in the first place, which is what they have. Politics and multiple layers of management that have been in place for 15+ years and are just concerned about checking the box and will probably retire in the same position in another 15+ years.

Advice to Senior ManagementMentor, coach and actually move forward.

Insightful

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Irving, TX

Prosexposed to lots of management styles, lots of choices for benefit coverage

Conssystem enhancements not valued by management. senior managers have no understanding of the business they should be managing.

Advice to Senior Managementstop sending US jobs overseas and justifying with the statement we are "a global company"

Initial interview

Senior IT Analyst (Current Employee)
    Irving, TX

ProsThe questions were very relevant. I wasn't grilled ever during the interview process. The hiring manager was personable and made me feel wanted for the position.

ConsThe security check-in process was a bit difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive a tour of the facility to the candidate as another way to influence the candidate's decision to join or not.

A great place to work.

Vice President (Former Employee)
    Irving, TX

ProsExcellent work culture and work life balance

ConsTop heavy with many layers of management

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more to the rank and files

I had a great experience working with Citi for 14 years. Opportunities for mentoring and advancement are available.

Assistant Vice President (Former Employee)
    Irving, TX

ProsAdvancement opportunities, time off benefits, health benefits, 401k/company matching program

ConsToo many gaps in communication due to the size of the departments/groups. Technology is out of date and there are no real plans to get state of the art technology because of costs. Also the company lacks a great deal in the training department for new hires. This is also because of costs and no good technology.

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!

Citi Videos

Citi – Why Work for Us?

​​Citi works tirelessly to provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services. We strive to create the best outcomes for our clients and customers with… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citi reviews and ratings in Irving, TX — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Citi CEO Michael Corbat. All 86 reviews posted anonymously by Citi employees.