Citi

Citi Reviews in O'Fallon, MO

Updated Jun 9, 2014

Citi CEO Michael Corbat

Michael Corbat

Pros
  • Citi generally has a good work-life balance for a financial services company (in 193 reviews)

• Allowed to work from home at least three times a week, was given praise for work from upper management (in 74 reviews)

Cons
  • One of the greatest asset working here was the Work Life balance (in 91 reviews)

• Senior management continues to move jobs from NYC to Buffalo to save money (in 113 reviews)

More Highlights
9 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good place to work

Loss Mitigation Specialist (Current Employee) O'Fallon, MO

ProsCiti really cares about its employees. Citi offers health and wellness programs (we also have fantastic benefits). Loss mitigation and most mortgage positions offer bonuses starting at about 1000.00/ month and they do get higher depending on your work.

ConsSome positions are very stressful, lots of layoffs (at least 30 per year). Very strict in regards to standards, you MUST meet them.

High Turn Over

Mortgage Closer (Current Employee) O'Fallon, MO

ProsExcellent bonus structure and okay pay

ConsHigh Turn over and inexperienced supervisors

Advice to Senior ManagementSupervisors should be well trained

Great company

Project Manager (Current Employee) O'Fallon, MO

ProsPromote within
    End of year bonus
    Great cafeteria
    Great people

ConsSometimes you run into "click" like groups

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Demeaning

Staff Accountant (Current Employee) O'Fallon, MO

ProsI got the needed job title to be able to move into a much better position in a different company.

ConsPeople are treated like any other piece of office equipment. The only way to get advancement was to be liked by managers. Skills were not valued. I watched people who could do a terrific job get pushed aside because a lead did not want the competition. They had the ear of the manager and were able to say what they wanted, without regard to the truth. This really surprised me, I thought a place like Citi would have better HR/management safeguards in place.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your employees a place where they can be heard. The PVST is a joke, people can only produce what they have been given. The results/error reports are often skewed to favor or disfavor people. The feelings of powerlessness is prevalent with the system you have in place.

Good work experience but many layoffs.

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) O'Fallon, MO

ProsGreat benefits and pay good.

ConsLayoffs every year. Unstable future.

Great interview practice, no offer.

Technology Leadership Program (Current Employee) O'Fallon, MO

ProsEveryone was very friendly and easy to speak with during the interview process. I will use the experience gathered in future interviews. I would have considered accepting if I had received an offer to Citi for the Technology Leadership Program.

ConsI am not quite sure why I did not receive an offer. I am guessing it was due to the fact that I tried to make my comments concise during the group case interview and that they were probably instead looking for the more dominate speaker position.

Little employee development

Incident Manager (Current Employee) O'Fallon, MO

ProsBenefits are decent even though diminishing every year. Employees are resilient and a positive asset to the company.

ConsCareer opportunities are not the best. many positions have limited to no advancement opportunities, and little to no skill development. Management rarely takes employee knowledge and skills into consideration in regards to realigning departments and business structure. The review process, in many cases causes hard work and high productivity to go unrecognized.

My Review of Citi Position

Tech Lead (Current Employee) O'Fallon, MO

ProsIt is a more laid-back atmosphere, and in most cases provides good work-life balance. Working from home remote is on a more widely accepted.

ConsSpends considerable effort defeating itself with excessive bureaucracy, and a simple lack of planning, and good decision making. Better execution would result with higher quality people, yet Citi seems to look at IT Talent as a commodity and still relies too-heavily on out-sourcing.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend the money, hire good talent.

Lots of Layoffs

Assistant Vice President - BP&A (Former Employee) O'Fallon, MO

ProsThis was a good place to start my career. I was able to move up several times during my tenure. The benefits were good and the people were easy to get along with. When the economy is doing well or the rates are low, this is a great place to work.

ConsSome in management were allowed to "run wild" as long as they produced results and if you got in their way, you were gone. As mentioned above in the Pros as long as the economy was good or the rates were low, times were great, however once the rates go up and the housing market becomes stagnant, which it tends to do on a regular cycle about every 5-10 years, things go south fast. There were constant layoffs and this stressed everyone out and productivity tanked. The systems were ancient as were the processes surrounding them. Compensation was low when promoted from within and bonuses were low or non-existent.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your people and in better, more up to date technology.

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!