Citi

3.1 2,443 reviews

Citi CEO Michael Corbat

Michael Corbat

2,443 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Citi generally has a good work-life balance for a financial services company"
    in 181 reviews
  • "Allowed to work from home at least three times a week, was given praise for work from upper management"
    in 72 reviews
Cons:
  • "One of the greatest asset working here was the Work Life balance"
    in 88 reviews
  • "Senior management continues to move jobs from NYC to Buffalo to save money"
    in 108 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Very compartmentalized

Financial Analyst (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsGreat people, still keep in touch with many of them

Consdepartments are very detached from one another and it is difficult to understand what the function of each is in the larger spectrum

Culture differs greatly depending on the location in which your role operates. Expect a fast-changing environment.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGlobal bank offers transfer opportunities to many parts of the world. Office culture is generally friendly, however certain departments can be political depending on the unit head.

ConsPromotion opportunities are hard to come by.

Great Company

Systems Analyst (Former Employee)
    San Antonio, TX

ProsThe interview process was not long, asked many technical questions to make sure I was able to perform the required duties. Decent salary and opportunity to advance, great management and coworkers. Has a large cafeteria on site as well as a gym.

ConsI cannot offer any cons for Citi, I was hired for the position and really enjoyed the experience working there

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very skilled people to learn from.

Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee)
    Irving, TX

ProsA competitive environment with some of the best minds in the industry.

ConsRed tape and procedures to submit changes and requests.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue employee feedback.

Pretty Good Place To Work

Product Manager (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsGlobal organization with plenty of opportunities. Decent work-life balance and very flexible with regard to working remotely when needed.

ConsStill a bit top heavy when it comes to senior management. Very bureaucratic, but things are starting to improve. Need a little more organization focus - trying to do too much with too little.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen filling top level positions internally, don't reorganize to sooth the egos of those who didn't get the job.

Fair company...mediocre internal politics

Middle Management (Former Employee)
    San Mateo, CA

ProsSolid company to work for. Good to employees.

ConsCompensation average and not always comensurate with experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou get what you pay for. Less emphasis on academics and more on real life experience when hiring.

CitiCards

ProsPros are excellent benefits that started from day one. They provide tuition reimbursements and the health insurance plans provide great flexibility and pricing. Great time off and job demands are within reason for most entry level positions.

ConsLocation in Greensboro had limited opportunities to advance. It was rare to see an associate promoted to manager and it seem that the business was more prone to hire senior management from outside than from within.

Securities trade settlement

Security Processing Representative (Current Employee)
    Tampa, FL

Pros3 recruiters called me from Citi, 2 for AML position and 3rd was for trade settlement. - I ended up with Latin America trade settlement. Benefits are great. The tuition reimbursement is great and there are the financial courses that the company offers for free. You can move around to other locations where the company is found.

ConsPay is a bit low for the industry. It can be hard to move up the ladder.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring back the bonus structure or the annual pay increase based on merit.

Recommended

Director (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsOpportunity to work with very talented and committed people.
    Opportunities for significant career growth for ambitious and self-motivated people with the prospect of taking on large responsibilities early on in your career.
    Opportunity to travel and great freedom to move internally into new roles and geographically to work from other offices.
    Reasonable investments in training people.

ConsLike many large financial institutions, Citi can be somewhat bureaucratic and, at many times, personal relationships and connections triumph over formal processes in getting things done. As you progress in seniority your day can very quickly become a series of reoccurring and frustrating back-to-back meetings.

Lease Closer

Lease Closer (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsEveryday is different, allowing you to be challenged. Co-workers and business partners are very willing to assist.

Consoverall great company to work for.

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!

Citi Videos

Citi – Why Work for Us?

​​Citi works tirelessly to provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services. We strive to create the best outcomes for our clients and customers with… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citi reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Citi CEO Michael Corbat. All 2,443 reviews posted anonymously by Citi employees.