Citi Reviews

3.2
2,582 Reviews

Citi CEO Michael Corbat
Michael Corbat

Pros
  • Citi generally has a good work-life balance for a financial services company (in 193 reviews)

• Allowed to work from home at least three times a week, was given praise for work from upper management (in 74 reviews)

Cons
  • One of the greatest asset working here was the Work Life balance (in 91 reviews)

• Senior management continues to move jobs from NYC to Buffalo to save money (in 113 reviews)

More Highlights

Citibank it an AMAZING company to work for!

Current Employee - Teller
    Current Employee - Teller

I have been working at Citi full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great pay and most branches in my had rotating saturdays so you don't have to work every weekend. Work hours are great to. i was never there past 6:30pm.

Cons

The hiring process takes a long time. My branch was short 2 tellers for almost a full year so the work load was a little overwhelming at times.

A very 'corporate' workplace with great culture

Current Employee - Credit Operations Specialist III  in  Gray, TN
    Current Employee - Credit Operations Specialist III in Gray, TN

I have been working at Citi full-time for less than a year

Pros

We have really great people. Even though there are 1,800+ employees, most people feel like more than a number. Benefits are above average, pay is fair, time off is excellent (146+ hours paid per year), some 4-10hr schedules, lots of overtime opportunities. The list goes on and on. Best environment I've ever worked in; almost unbelieveable for a site this large.

Cons

Policies and procedures change frequently and there is always conflicting information (published on intranet, passed down from supervisors, sent around in emails, hear-say on the sales floor, etc.). The IT infrastructure is lacking: the systems feel as though they were pieced together with no sight of the "big picture."

We invest so many resources to make the workplace great but it would be very beneficial to take one more step and PLAN changes out so that transitions are smooth. So many things feel pieced together on-the-fly.

Great company but difficult to move around

Current Employee - Senior Vice President - Marketing  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President - Marketing in New York, NY

I have been working at Citi full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good salary and benefits. Smart run business model

Cons

siloed business units and difficult to collaborate

Moving in the right direction. Shifting focus to the longer term instead of short term gains continues to improve but can go further.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Citi can be a great place to work

Current Employee - Systems Engineer  in  Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Citi full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Citi offers a very diverse environment and is very open to movement within and between functional groups. Functional groups can differ wildly in culture and process, so chances are you can find what you're looking for with a little shopping around.

Cons

Citi is big. Citi can appear to be very disorganized, at the macro level. However, at the micro-level things run pretty well. Compensation and benefits are average, but over time I think you're treated fairly. Don't expect to show up, work for a year or two, and see huge raises. It generally doesn't happen.

Decent company

Current Employee - Vice President  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Vice President in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Citi full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Global office opportunity, Good Work life balance, PTO

Cons

Promotion is a little difficult, managers not spend as much time with you to help and guide

Large organization. Good work life balance

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Citi as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Good systems, large transformations occurring.

Cons

Kn0wledge sharing. Need to cross-train more.

Remove excess layers / deadwood.

Great internship for college students

Former Employee - Operations Analyst  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Operations Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Citi as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I learned a lot during my summer at Citi about the financial industry, the company and working in a fortune 500 company. At first I applied because I wanted to see what the financial industry was like and I gained so much more. They program lets you listen to speakers from upper management, gives you a mentor and networking opportunities, a job where you actually get to benefit the company and learn more than you could from watching someone else. Finally what I liked best about Citi and this program is it truly is what you make it. If you want to meet someone from tech, book coffee on their calendar and they will tell you about what they do. It is wide open for people that are willing to put themselves out there and learn as much as they can.

Cons

I did not like how many of the tasks were monotonous but I understand why they would be. There were little opportunities to be creative other than the presentation and finding opportunities to network; however honestly as an intern just being able to contribute and actually do work at that level displayed how much trust the company gives their employees.

Take into consideration what type of environment the intern would thrive in. I ended up not applying to work there full time because I did not click with the job as much. If I had been placed in middle office on the trading floor like the other half of the interns I probably would have had a very different experience. Some people work better in the quiet atmosphere of 388 and others work best in a louder and busier atmosphere of 390.

Excellent Internship Experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Citi as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The 10 week summer internship program at Citi is one of a kind. The networking, leadership exposure and friendly environment makes Citi a rewarding company to work for.

Cons

Large company. A lot of employees with many small teams/groups.

More interaction/face time with interns during the summer would of made it a better experience.

one of the best companies I have ever worked for. Strong culture and values.

Current Employee - Director  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Citi full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Global bank with great career opportunity

Cons

need to be more decisive and better at implementation

Stay on track with strategy

Overall Citi was a good company to work for

Former Employee - Intermediate Systems Specialist  in  New Castle, DE
    Former Employee - Intermediate Systems Specialist in New Castle, DE

I worked at Citi full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great work life balance (flex time / remote work). Many tools available to enhance your career options (online training)

Cons

Saving money is the bottom line. Management just looks out for themselves. No job security in technology.

Don't be afraid to tell upper management that it's not acceptable for employees to do more with less. You can only cut so many employees and still expect the work to get done.

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!