Citi

Updated Jul 30, 2014

3.1 2,491 reviews

Citi CEO Michael Corbat

Michael Corbat

Pros
  • Citi generally has a good work-life balance for a financial services company (in 193 reviews)

• Allowed to work from home at least three times a week, was given praise for work from upper management (in 74 reviews)

Cons
  • One of the greatest asset working here was the Work Life balance (in 91 reviews)

• Senior management continues to move jobs from NYC to Buffalo to save money (in 113 reviews)

More Highlights
2,491 Employee Reviews

Intern

Summer Analyst (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsStrong commitment to develop employees potentiality within a meritocracy structure that demands excellence initiative and courage. Value of diversity is one of its strongest business values

ConsMaybe one of the cons is its market concentration. Expansion possibilities may able employees to achieve different assignments around the world

Advice to Senior ManagementI definitely think that Citi provides a good work-life balance.

very good.

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsSalaries are good, Office Culture one of the better ones, good flexibility of work including no in and out times etc.

ConsVery aggressive organization, work is not as diversified as consultancies, low on travelling - so not good for people who look for that.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould be a more meritocratic organization - neutral teams should be set up to gauge excellence at all levels so that rewards are less based on opinions and perceptions of a few people alone.

Excellent

Intern (Former Employee) Dhaka (Bangladesh)

ProsLots of opportunity to learn about corporate banking

Conslike most bank jobs, you are stuck in one position for years

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work

ProsGreat company, great work life balance

ConsA lot of tribes and little innovation

Global Bank - Citi is global banking standard.

Systems Administrator (Former Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsGreat Team culture and respect peers. Salary is reasonable but do not expect the best in the market. if you really want to learn banking especially corporate banking then Citi will bring you up to the next level.

ConsSometimes illogical and inefficient decision making structure. Do not expect the best in market salary they only give you far below what you have in mind.
    Need to prepare your self to contribute some of your private time for traveling. The major APAC region centre is in Singapore. Man! you will need to travel really often.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive and develop more benefit for your staff. Also develop program to encourage and support personal development.

Positive. Updated. Trends Anticipating.

Branch Manager (Current Employee) Santa Barbara, CA

ProsInternational Locations.Multilingual. International Expertise. Multilingual. Independence via Guidelines. Trends Anticipator. Top Senior Management Respected.

ConsPrograms Changing Often. Gallup Pro-Clustomer Window-Dressing Vesting. Sales Over Clients Needs Always Imposed. Consumer Business Managers Inadequate As Without University Education Background.

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk Serious External Academic Consultants to Coach Consumer Business Managers To Manage Duality.

Great Environment for Technology Growth!

ProsTeam building is abundant and challenging opportunities are a great way to learn new technologies with leadership / ownership roles.

ConsLong hours at times can be overwhelming for some but most in technology do expect it and can thrive in this environment.

Sr Business Analyst

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat people to work with.

Conscompensation can be better. and benefits are getting worse.

Career Shaping

Assistant Vice President - Operations & Technology (Current Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsPeople make the difference, broad variety of opportunities

Conscan be a leader in adapting to emerging technology and innovation

A truly global experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLots of helpful people and all the benefits of a huge organization. Prestige carries everywhere!

ConsPeople tend to focus on the priorities of their own teams at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider discussing the importance of mutual support and cooperation

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!