Citi Reviews

Reset

3,349 Employee Reviews

Horrible management

I have been working at Citi

Pros

good name in the industry

Cons

poor management, training, highly unprofessional recruitment process

2. Just a number

I worked at Citi

Pros

The people you work with.

Cons

Low pay, bad insurance, bad management, no pay increases, jobs sent to other countries, more work for less money than the cost of living, everyone's days are numbered....

Advice to Management

Quit

Citi private equity services is the worst place I've ever worked!!! Avoid this place at all costs

Former Employee - Vice President in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I worked at Citi full-time

Pros

Pretty much none. If you like seeing good people treated like dirt for terrible pay, working on holidays, sexual harassment...work here. Bonus? Only if you do "favors".

Cons

Al blanco who is the COO is one of the worst people. Abusing his employees and harassing them is a daily Occurance. Good luck if you're a woman here. 40% of the staff has left in one year alone. Have kids? Say goodbye to them. Management are either sociopaths or weaklings.

Advice to Management

Quit and pray one of your former employees doesn't find you alone in the street. Find a job that doesn't require being anywhere near people.

5. Minimum wage jobs have better working conditions

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President - Operations & Technology in Irving, TX

I worked at Citi

Pros

Will get a fancy title
    Good 401 K match
    Ok benefits to maintain their fortune 500 status

Cons

No training at all and you are always at least 3 years behind in the industry.This place has become sliding doors with lot of people leaving the place and management not filling the positions based on cost savings.Oh the positions are out there all the time showing that this place is always hiring.You will know that you are doing the work of five people once you get hired.No bonuses or raises in the past five years.Performance is not valued.Global Talent management is a farce and black and white icon.Wolves all over the place and nepotism to the roost.No value for hard work when it comes to getting rid of people

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to open their eyes to what is happing at the middle level IT infrastructure management.THe middle management is overzealous in acquiring and overloading the technical workers.LAyoffs have become very common every quarter even though there is no need.

6. Eh

Former Employee - Senior Technical Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Citi

Pros

There are none. Literally nothing was good about my experience. I left as soon as I found another job (about 1 year).

Cons

People didn't care about doing a good job for its own sake. Very bureaucratic. For example, they had a "wax clearing" program where people were supposed save the firm money eliminating waste. I gave them an $800,000 guaranteed net cost savings with zero negative impact (basically cancel licenses costing that much that weren't being used at all). They looked at me like I had 5 heads.

Recruiter lied to me about comp. They gave a pathetic offer (10%), then lied about the bonus being at least 10% (it was under 10%). They gave me a top ranking at review time, but no raise. Said I was paid too much.

Advice to Management

Get a job elsewhere if you can.

7. Watch out a steady downhill journey

I worked at Citi

Pros

Since HR & other control systems are weak if you find yourself with a job where you can get your hand in the till, you can fill your nest

Cons

3.6% return on equity, share price down by 90% since 2005. Workforce down by 33% in 8 years with no respite in sight, go figure

Advice to Management

More to the board, figure out how to break this thing and unlock value before the residual value goes down and the senior management who are unable to meet any targets but still get compensated at market levels run the source dry

8. Very bad culture. No work ethics. No professionalism. No work life balance.

Current Employee - Senior Fp&A Analyst in Goregaon East (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Fp&A Analyst in Goregaon East (India)

I have been working at Citi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent brand. In order to attract talent, they pay well but no hikes and bonus after that.

Cons

Extremely high attrition. Not a good organization. No work life balance. No professionalism. No hikes and bonus. Hire and Fire policy. No work ethics. Extremely high politics. People even go for paycuts after citi, it is that bad. Experienced people with 10+ yrs of work experience too leave within a year. In first 5 months with citi, i was the oldest member of my team. Freshers, please do not start your career with Citi. You will never get the confidence in your career and they will ruin it.

Advice to Management

get your management in place. try to retain people. give them on the job training. Do an introspection why people do not stay beyond the initial 5 months in Citi. There are no leaders to look upto. Money cant buy everything.

9. Too big for their own good

Former Employee - Vice President Finance
    Former Employee - Vice President Finance

I worked at Citi full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They have some great employees

Cons

Way too big, making a decision here takes way too long. Very poor judge of risk, especially for a bank.

Advice to Management

Get much smaller.

10. Don't do it if you want to work in a stable environment. Find your opportunities elsewhere.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Citi full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good initial pay. Diversity programs throughout the company seems very good. Cafe, gym and medical services onsite.

Cons

Too much red tape on everything. Very political environment so very few people will go out of their way to help you. Some teams do not care to do the right thing, they only care about the procedures even if it is obviously wrong and can be changed with a little effort. Employees never know what is coming down the pipe until it it implemented. Employees are constantly talking about how they are always nervous about their jobs. Benefits are nowhere close to where they should be for a company this size . Employees in some areas are expected to work hours that are not human with no sort of comp time. Employees complain about little or no raises or bonuses for years except for management. Parking can be a real challenge.

Advice to Management

No advice for management because the bad things are ingrained in the culture of this company and all large banks in general.

11. Citi

Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Citi

Pros

Good working environment good colleagues

Cons

Pay not competitive working hour too long

Advice to Management

More bonus

Showing 3,349 of 3,589 reviews