Citi Trends

www.cititrends.com

Citi Trends Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014
Citi Trends – Savannah – “Store Front”

R. Anderson

Pros
  • A good first job, not any experience required(in 3 reviews)

• There was very flexible scheduling, and their was room for advancement(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Small pay for a lot of work, rude customers everyday, and no employee discount (everyday)(in 7 reviews)

• There's absolutely no employee discount(in 7 reviews)

Like being in hell!!!!!!

PT Sales Associate (Former Employee)

ProsLoved the clothes

Not organized

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat all your employees the same

Horrible Experience

I Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Waldorf, MD

ProsThe only good thing about working there was I received a paycheck!

ConsEverything!! This place was horrible. Management was horrible, Ghetto, and pure liars. They only look out for themselves and trust me that open door policy is some Bull. The DM, RM don't care about whats going on in that store either. Don't waste your time.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire quality managers that know how to manage and their communication and people skills are impeccable. Otherwise they will continue to have these everlasting issues they currently have.

Worst Decision of My Life!

First Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsOnly positive thing I have to say is they look to promote from within. Its very easy to get promoted. That's it!

ConsWhere do I begin......?
    Citi Trends is not a good place to work if you want to actually learn something about the retail business. You don't learn anything that structured companies want you to know like KPI, or conversion and really knowing your sales target daily and trying to reach it.

Management is under paid, nobody gets discounts unless on special associate days. Also, they don't let you take time off if needed, especially management. Its like pulling teeth! Citi Trends only wants you to focus on Citi Trends!

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice will change what is set in stone.
    This whole company needs to be completely revamped!!!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Time to move on

Merchandise Planner (Former Employee) Savannah, GA

ProsLocated in a beautiful city. Relatively competitive salary. Some awesome Co workers. Growing company.

ConsMismanagement. No clear cut business direction. They have let go or let some of the best people walk out. Work very lean for a 500+ store chain. Not enough staff to support growth. Antiquated systems. Doesn't want to invest in better operating systems to support expansion. Going through major growing pains. HR is very disconnected from the reality of what's going on with the employees. Because of upper management the tone in the office is painful at best. Makes you feel as though they don't care.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo a temperature check in the office. You have dedicated people there that will probably go down with the ship but even those people are hitting there cap of tolerance. Don't forget that had it not been for your TEAM of faithful workers Citi Trends would not be where they are today. Show appreciation. Stop clocking the time they get in and out the office and focus on more important business related topics.

Absolutely terrible

Second Assistant Manager (Former Employee) North Randall, OH

ProsOpening at 10am
    Closing at 8pm

ConsLow pay
    Not enough staff hours
    Drama from the Store Manager to the District Manager
    Expected to come in on days off then reprimanded if you say no
    No raises what so ever

Advice to Senior ManagementBlow up the company and start over

not paid for the over head in the stress ordeal that's you deal with on daily basic

Store Manager (Former Employee) Augusta, GA

Prosthe pay trying come out of some of your finance issues

Consstaff is always short, always an overload, from week, not appreciated at all, always working over 45 hours never working what's supposed to be done, no weekends off shoplifting is horrible with no courage

Advice to Senior Managementkeep your heart out your work always, do only what needs to be done noting more nothing less never, give your opinion on anything that you feel you need to speak on, always speak less

Horrible experience

Store Manager (Former Employee) Harrisburg, PA

ProsI am still friends with some of my old customers

Consstores are in the trashy parts of town;racist customers - of all colors; theft is rampant and the company undermines store manager efforts to protect assets; DM who throws temper tantrums and talks about SMs with other SMs (and leaves the phone messages on the voicemail of the person she's trashing); all my visitors (corp, buyers, inventory, etc) were scheduled on my day off with no alternate day off; police in the store several times a week for customers with handguns, domestic fights, theft; customers beating and cussing at their toddlers; stores crammed to the rafters with sleazy clothes; way too much freight for the store's size; corp micro-management; need I continue?

Advice to Senior ManagementYou hired us as store managers, you wanted us to have experience and merchandising talent - so why do you treat us like idiots and micromanage every move we make? Why don't you listen when we tell you unsecured (and really nice) jewelry is walking out of our stores, and let us put sensors and tags on it? Why do you think it's ok to work us 6+ days a week? Why do you only have 1 salaried person in the store, and then cut the budget for a 7-day (roughly 80 hours) operation to 165 hours?

Great

Store Manager (Former Employee) Columbia, SC

ProsWhen I was they had a good quality of clothing, and leadership.

ConsToo many ship in a week.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake on top of game..

Terrible Management

Second Assistant Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThere are no pros to working for this company

ConsRaises aren't that significant, the store is always cluttered and understaffed. There is never enough payroll hours

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees and try to motivate them more

I wouldn't recommend working for this company at ALL very high turnover rate with associates and managers!

Store Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsCute cheap clothing that about all i can say. oh and they do layaway.

Cons-Lack of pay
    -Lack of communication with management
    -Lots of drama with management in most stores and it comes from upper management.
    -Scheduling issues
    -No employee discount
    -Not a learning place you have to teach yourself!
    -All Cititrends are in the REALLY Bad neighbors

Advice to Senior ManagementIn management we don't make any money and the DM ask you to do alot of extra work for a low paying job and all the managers in ALL the store stick together like its High school so if something happens in the store your working in ALL the store know it. If you do take this job Please stick to yourself and don't trust ANYONE! Best of luck.

Worked for Citi Trends? Contribute to the Community!