Citi Trends
www.cititrends.com Savannah, GA 5000+ Employees

Citi Trends Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014
Citi Trends – Savannah – “Store Front”

R. Anderson

Pros:
  • "A good first job, not any experience required"
    in 3 reviews
  • "There was very flexible scheduling, and their was room for advancement"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "Small pay for a lot of work, rude customers everyday, and no employee discount (everyday)"
    in 7 reviews
  • "There's absolutely no employee discount"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great people, morally bankrupt company.

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

ProsThe customer base is diverse and friendly, as are staff at most stores. This is a great first job. Depending on the in-store management you will gain lots of experience that will be key in moving up in the retail industry. Even if you are part-time, you get good hours which helps you cope with the relatively low pay.

ConsEveryone starts at minimum wage. No associate discount or perks. The company practices pertaining to merchandise and the care of stock will have you feeling guilty 100% of the time,

Advice to Senior ManagementShow your employees you appreciate them! They deserve more than an every blue moon discount. Give your associates more responsibility to remove some of the stress managers. They barely have a chance to take a lunch!

former 2nd asst.

Second Assistant (Former Employee)
    Pontiac, MI

Prosthere are no pros to working for this company

Conslow pay, way too much is expected, no appreciation, raises are a joke, bonuses wont even get you a tank of gas. Management lies to employees all the time, this includes upper management.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with some sort of respect, and don't lie to them

Horrible! Little shop of horrors!

Store Manager (Current Employee)
    Cleveland, OH

ProsMost of the stores close at 8pm. Fresh interesting merchandise at very affordable prices and working there affords you the chance to get it first.

ConsPay stinks. Stores are usually located in bad areas. Most of the customers would steal the paint off the walls if they could. No support from the company regarding anything of value. Very few associates care about the job. They come late, don't work, and don't contribute much to the stores. Then try to fire someone, it's like pulling teeth. The company will drag its feet and human resources is a joke. This company is one of cheapest I have ever seen. Don't waste your time with the company. Run and don't look back!

Advice to Senior ManagementActually do something about the theft, bad locations and ineffective people working in the company. Use some payroll to staff your stores properly. Get rid of the ridiculous zone chart when you know most of the 500+ stores don't have enough payroll to use it correctly.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

horrible

New Orleans, LA

Pros0 nothing I can really say but at least you will have a job I guess but it really sucks

Conslow pay have to be an cashier work in backroom sales floor everything horrible management messy clothes messy employess don't have all the tools to finish product the hire manger outside of company don't work here

Advice to Senior Managementquit yall suck

Impossible for over-achievers

First Assistant Manager (Former Employee)
    Des Moines, IA

ProsFlexible days off. Great fellow workers.

ConsJust simply not enough hours, no matter how much you tried, it was impossible. So sad.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't think so many people would come and go so quickly if upper management would appear to be more attentive. Listen. Don't be so ready to think you know everything, because everyone can learn something from others.

District Managers and higher ups do not care about the in store employees

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Arlington, TX

ProsVery Few decent store managers.

ConsRacial discrimination at the training store

Advice to Senior ManagementFor the store managers: Keep your chin up and keep applying to other jobs.

This company needs a lot of help

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Muskegon, MI

ProsI've worked at several great retail companies, and there was nothing good to say about this company. I really don't know how they are in business.

ConsToo unprofessional: I was hired in and never told my starting pay, Never knew real names of the employees because they would never give out their names, Never read a training/policy manual, Was put on the schedule repeatedly on days I was unavailable (which is why I quit).

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be adequate training for all associates starting with management, and there needs to be higher standards in who you employ.

It was ok could have been better

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice Employees, Flexible, Some Good Managers

ConsPoor Management Low Pay Low Hours No room for Improvement They expect to much fot little pay.

Blah

South Bend, IN

ProsGreat first job in retail.

ConsCiti Trends cares nothing about it's employees. Too much work for the amount paid.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo better, some of your DMs do not know how to run a register.

Good job except....

Cleveland, OH

ProsThe music keeps the day moving along quickly, easy job and easy learning the register and doing shipment and markdowns. A good first or second job for a younger person (18-22) while in college (if manager is willing to work around with school sch.) Dress code is pretty free and open just keep it dressy.

ConsMy "raise" was the minimum wage when it went up in 2012 and if I'm still there will probably be my "raise" for 2013. When I asked my manager once again about the assistant managers position s/he blew up at me and said s/he refused to promote me to assistant manager because "s/he felt s/he should not have to work around my school schedule". Many employees would quit without notice. Hours a scarce (could just be my store)

Advice to Senior ManagementFor sales associates such as myself who have never had a draw shortage, never had a customer complaint and has almost 2 years with the company, a raise should be within reason and definitely not too much to ask for

Worked for Citi Trends? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citi Trends reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Citi Trends CEO R. Anderson. All 72 reviews posted anonymously by Citi Trends employees.