Citi Trends

Updated November 12, 2014
Updated November 12, 2014
2.4

R. Anderson

Pros
  • There are no pros to working for this company (in 4 reviews)

• A good first job, not any experience required (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Small pay for a lot of work, rude customers everyday, and no employee discount (everyday) (in 8 reviews)

• There's absolutely no employee discount (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Great start to a career in retail

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Citi Trends

Pros

The control of scheduling, the atmosphere, front line training on customer service, advancement within is a plus. And great benefits

Cons

Turnovers are ridiculous, theft is rampant from customers as well as associates, and please constant negotiate pay nut if you area natural born hard worker you will not get your just due if you dont speak up!

Pay your employees more...retail has one of the lowest pay scales to date

Nice place to work, great clothes but overall does not pay enough to their employees.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Palm Bay, FL
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Palm Bay, FL

I worked at Citi Trends full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Inexpensive clothes, customer service, great work life balance. Regional managers and above truely care about their region and their stores.

Cons

Employees do not make enough compared to their responsibilities. Managers do not make nearly enough. Only the GM is salaried so some stores have managers that "dont care"

Offer Benefits to full time employees, have a better outlook and stronger values. When reading the company handbook it does not come off as sincere and genuine. It does not seem like its that important and maybe if it seemed important it would be taken more seriously and the company would improve on the store levels.

right direction

Former Employee - Allocator
    Former Employee - Allocator

I worked at Citi Trends full-time (more than an year)

Pros

great experience builder. you will lean alot with nothing

Cons

No training you train your first week and are thrown into the water. Sink or Swim. upper management roulette I had 3 new bosses in 2 years. Management talks at you not to you.

train managers to talk to people

Management needs more training

Former Employee - First Assistant Manager in Saginaw, MI
    Former Employee - First Assistant Manager in Saginaw, MI

I worked at Citi Trends full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The hours were nice. It was also nice to be the first to see the new items that came in the store.

Cons

Not enough people to work and keep the store functioning properly. The location was bad and the place really needed security. The stores are way overstocked which leads to it looking messy all the time. The poorly staffing conditions made it easy for shoppers to shoplift and get away with it because not enough people are working. To make matters worse the employees get blamed for the shortages and also get treated like they are the cause for the shortages.

Hire more people and be more concerned with the safety of your workers. Staffing levels make it easy for customers to shoplift. Stop putting the blame on the workers.

I feel like I get verbally abused everyday & management doesn't care. & IF I stand up for Myself I am told I Can't because what would DM say to management. The Truth is they Expect Way Too Much for 7.75 an Hr.

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Citi Trends part-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's A Job I really can't think of anything else to say. You don't even get an employee discount except a couple of times a year & that's JUST 20% then!

Cons

It's No Money And You Never Know When you'll have to work from one week to the next or how Long with No Break you will have to work when Closing the Store!

Really? REALLY???

It can be frustrating but fun

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Beaufort, SC
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Beaufort, SC

I have been working at Citi Trends part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The staff. Coworkers and management are cool

Cons

You get barely any hours and you don't get paid anything

I learned a lot from the company but it was self taught. They do not train you at all. If you don't pick stuff up quick in a management role then this job is not for you.

I worked at Citi Trends

Pros

They internal promote within the store. All you have to do is prove yourself and be a hard worker.

Cons

Very fast paced, the customers are very rude and throw stuff all over the store. You better get used to cleaning up after people all the time.

Good for college students and flexible.

Current Employee - Second Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Second Assistant Manager

I have been working at Citi Trends full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, staff is friendly.

Cons

Not enough pay, always work every weekend.

Give better incentives and overtime.

Horrible

I worked at Citi Trends

Pros

There really isn't much I could say that is good about cititrends. They're unreliable, unrealistic, and unprofessional.

Cons

Absolutely everything there is to work with this company.

Learn to treat your employees better.

Cant even give a title

Former Employee - Second Assistant Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Second Assistant Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Citi Trends full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I became close with some of my co-workers, I loved some of my regular customers, and thats about all

Cons

Too many to name.... was an assistant manager for 2 years and then I find out people who came in after me or promoted after me was making more money than me is ridiculous.... store manager was absolutely the worst she was extremely messy (drama filled) and she had an attitude of I'm the store manager so I do wtf I wanna do... to set an example you have to be the example... she expected management to be on point and she was nowhere near on point....dont even see how she is still employed with this company.... customers are very rude and yell at you and they ALWAYS get exactly what they want... no employee discount and we dont even get paid enough at all.... expect too much from employees with little pay.. this company definitely does not care for the people who work for them at all...and DM didn't resolve any kind of problems management had with store manager just went back and told what we complained about...I'm extremely glad to have quit this place....

Some of you should go into stores as undercover bosses and see how store is run.. you have some exceptional associates and management and with the wrong upper management this company is going to lose a lot of great workers

Citi Trends Photos