Citi Trends

Updated August 18, 2014
Updated August 18, 2014

2.3

R. Anderson

Pros
  • There are no pros to working for this company (in 4 reviews)

• A good first job, not any experience required (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Small pay for a lot of work, rude customers everyday, and no employee discount (everyday) (in 7 reviews)

• There's absolutely no employee discount (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

1st assistant manager

Current Employee - 1st assistant  in  Duquesne, PA
    Current Employee - 1st assistant in Duquesne, PA

Pros

Meeting new people( customer) as well as some of the coworkers, checking out the new brands and cool clothes coming into the stores

Cons

I felt like they care more for there store manager rather then the management team. Being a store manager and getting a way with things, it was hard working when your store manager sits around talking about you to associate and you report things and it was like it never happen. Cititrends need to understand everyone is replaceable including store managers

Do surprise visits as well as having undercover people come into store to see what really goes on. And how store managers really run the stores when they have no ideal someone is watching

Was Great While It Lasted

Former Employee - PT Sales Associate  in  Suffolk, VA
    Former Employee - PT Sales Associate in Suffolk, VA

Pros

Great employees and management staff!

Cons

Needed To Transfer Stores....Store management failed to assist me in doing so because was upset that I had to leave.

Like being in hell!!!!!!

Former Employee - PT Sales Associate
    Former Employee - PT Sales Associate

Pros

Loved the clothes
    Made friends

Cons

Favoritism
    Drama
    Not flexible
    No employee discount
    Not organized

Treat all your employees the same

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrible Experience

Former Employee - I Assistant Manager  in  Waldorf, MD
    Former Employee - I Assistant Manager in Waldorf, MD

Pros

The only good thing about working there was I received a paycheck!

Cons

Everything!! This place was horrible. Management was horrible, Ghetto, and pure liars. They only look out for themselves and trust me that open door policy is some Bull. The DM, RM don't care about whats going on in that store either. Don't waste your time.

Hire quality managers that know how to manage and their communication and people skills are impeccable. Otherwise they will continue to have these everlasting issues they currently have.

Worst Decision of My Life!

Former Employee - First Assistant Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - First Assistant Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Only positive thing I have to say is they look to promote from within. Its very easy to get promoted. That's it!

Cons

Where do I begin......?
    Citi Trends is not a good place to work if you want to actually learn something about the retail business. You don't learn anything that structured companies want you to know like KPI, or conversion and really knowing your sales target daily and trying to reach it.

Management is under paid, nobody gets discounts unless on special associate days. Also, they don't let you take time off if needed, especially management. Its like pulling teeth! Citi Trends only wants you to focus on Citi Trends!

No advice will change what is set in stone.
    This whole company needs to be completely revamped!!!

Absolutely terrible

Former Employee - Second Assistant Manager  in  North Randall, OH
    Former Employee - Second Assistant Manager in North Randall, OH

Pros

Opening at 10am
    Closing at 8pm

Cons

Low pay
    Not enough staff hours
    Drama from the Store Manager to the District Manager
    Expected to come in on days off then reprimanded if you say no
    No raises what so ever

Blow up the company and start over

Time to move on

Former Employee - Merchandise Planner  in  Savannah, GA
    Former Employee - Merchandise Planner in Savannah, GA

Pros

Located in a beautiful city. Relatively competitive salary. Some awesome Co workers. Growing company.

Cons

Mismanagement. No clear cut business direction. They have let go or let some of the best people walk out. Work very lean for a 500+ store chain. Not enough staff to support growth. Antiquated systems. Doesn't want to invest in better operating systems to support expansion. Going through major growing pains. HR is very disconnected from the reality of what's going on with the employees. Because of upper management the tone in the office is painful at best. Makes you feel as though they don't care.

Do a temperature check in the office. You have dedicated people there that will probably go down with the ship but even those people are hitting there cap of tolerance. Don't forget that had it not been for your TEAM of faithful workers Citi Trends would not be where they are today. Show appreciation. Stop clocking the time they get in and out the office and focus on more important business related topics.

not paid for the over head in the stress ordeal that's you deal with on daily basic

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Augusta, GA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Augusta, GA

Pros

the pay trying come out of some of your finance issues

Cons

staff is always short, always an overload, from week, not appreciated at all, always working over 45 hours never working what's supposed to be done, no weekends off shoplifting is horrible with no courage

keep your heart out your work always, do only what needs to be done noting more nothing less never, give your opinion on anything that you feel you need to speak on, always speak less

Horrible experience

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Harrisburg, PA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Harrisburg, PA

Pros

I am still friends with some of my old customers

Cons

stores are in the trashy parts of town;racist customers - of all colors; theft is rampant and the company undermines store manager efforts to protect assets; DM who throws temper tantrums and talks about SMs with other SMs (and leaves the phone messages on the voicemail of the person she's trashing); all my visitors (corp, buyers, inventory, etc) were scheduled on my day off with no alternate day off; police in the store several times a week for customers with handguns, domestic fights, theft; customers beating and cussing at their toddlers; stores crammed to the rafters with sleazy clothes; way too much freight for the store's size; corp micro-management; need I continue?

You hired us as store managers, you wanted us to have experience and merchandising talent - so why do you treat us like idiots and micromanage every move we make? Why don't you listen when we tell you unsecured (and really nice) jewelry is walking out of our stores, and let us put sensors and tags on it? Why do you think it's ok to work us 6+ days a week? Why do you only have 1 salaried person in the store, and then cut the budget for a 7-day (roughly 80 hours) operation to 165 hours?

Great

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Columbia, SC

Pros

When I was they had a good quality of clothing, and leadership.

Cons

Too many ship in a week.

Take on top of game..

Worked for Citi Trends? Contribute to the Community!