Citi Trends Reviews

1. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME

Former Employee - Store Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Citi Trends full-time (more than a year)

Pros

None I can think of. Was a total waste of time.

Cons

No work life balance for management
    Staff under paid
    Can trust no one, especially in corporate

Re vamp upper management, Appreciate the employees that work at the store level and in the field.

2. How is this company even still thriving???

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Bradenton, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Bradenton, FL

I worked at Citi Trends part-time (less than a year)

Pros

There are absolutely no pros!!!

Cons

I worked at two locations. The second location. Bradenton, FL. Is by far the worst place I've ever worked. One of the assistant managers is super rude and has a control complex. She always has a rude deminer and hardly ever has a smile on her face. She has an issue with employees using the restroom and when she finally deems it ok, she times you. And if you're the main cashier and need help because you get busy up front don't expect her to help. It will take about 5 or 6 times of calling her and a customer getting her attention for her to finally decide she feels it's time to help. If you tell her that you were calling for help she will just laugh.
    How this company allows this kind of behavior from management is baffling.

3. I had a true growing experience with the company good and bad.

Former Employee - Management
    Former Employee - Management

I worked at Citi Trends full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It was an upgrade of pay from the previous company I worked for and to move up from within the company was a breeze, just know your work, apply and constantly show.

Cons

I was constantly on the defense of proving myself and my worth and everything thrown at me I accomplished well but it was a lot of personal issues within the company that I grew very tired of that wasn't able to be fixed because of who know/knew who within the company.

Do your job by the book correctly not just as what you think is fit for every situation.

5. Try else where

Former Employee - First Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - First Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Citi Trends full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Well, the brands are pretty cool and the fact that it is cheap to shop there. it's a good for a second job under 20 hours a week.

Cons

At my store, there were Lazy people. Pay sucks and the customer are rude. There is no discount what so ever. Also, there will be times when my store manager will not show up. There is no chance for advancement. Way under staff and when it gets busy, there is not enough employees to help everyone.

Listen to your employees and treat them like Humans!

The company makes sure they get their moneys worth from employing you, OUT of you!!!

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Citi Trends full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You can be promoted VERY easily and QUICKLY...DUE to HIGH turnover rate within the company!!

Cons

Being SO many different titles at one time, loss prevention, customer service rep. freight processor etc. and the policy on alot of things is just unrealistic

"Save the drama for your mama"...It JUST AIN'T that serious..

7. Possibilities

Former Employee - First Assistant Manager in Flint, MI
    Former Employee - First Assistant Manager in Flint, MI

I worked at Citi Trends full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The great thing was that the few hours given as a first assistant manager gave me the time i needed to finish my college degree. you never received a 40hour work weeks unless somebody called in. I would go back if i knew that the company cared about its employees.

Cons

the cons is that you are not fairly compensated for the work and not getting 40 hours. then the DM do not let you express your ideas and do not listen to the teams when issues occur.

this is to the corporate office you need to tighten up on you district managers and do follow up. your trusting them to overseer your stores and you don;'t even know the truth because you go off what the DM says you do not listen to those that run your stores on a data to day basis. They are scared to tell the truth because they feel no trust and don't want to lose the pc of job they have.

8. HORRIBLE STAY AWAY

Former Employee - First Assistant Manager in Waldorf, MD
    Former Employee - First Assistant Manager in Waldorf, MD

I worked at Citi Trends full-time (less than a year)

Pros

A paycheck and still they pay very little

Cons

Everything, Your life became working for them.

Care about your employees

Good people but horrible upper management and policies.

I worked at Citi Trends full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It was a great place to work for the most part. The team you have is what makes the job good or not. My team was well rounded and most of my staff were flexible and hard workers.

Cons

It's best to stay a sales associate and not get into management with this company. They don't allow enough work hours to properly staff a store on a regular basis. They have expectations that are unrealistic. Loss prevention is a joke. They want the associates to monitor customers yet they give you too many things to do and not enough people to get them done with.

Hire an employee specifically for loss prevention so managers and associates can focus on their work. Cater to the needs of your employees more by making sure the stores are properly staffed. Staffing problems don't start with managers making a schedule and employees calling off or being late, it starts with hours allotted to the store to staff people.

10. 1st assistant manager

Current Employee - 1st Assistant in Duquesne, PA
    Current Employee - 1st Assistant in Duquesne, PA

I have been working at Citi Trends full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Meeting new people( customer) as well as some of the coworkers, checking out the new brands and cool clothes coming into the stores

Cons

I felt like they care more for there store manager rather then the management team. Being a store manager and getting a way with things, it was hard working when your store manager sits around talking about you to associate and you report things and it was like it never happen. Cititrends need to understand everyone is replaceable including store managers

Do surprise visits as well as having undercover people come into store to see what really goes on. And how store managers really run the stores when they have no ideal someone is watching

11. Like being in hell!!!!!!

Former Employee - PT Sales Associate
    Former Employee - PT Sales Associate

I worked at Citi Trends part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Loved the clothes
    Made friends

Cons

Favoritism
    Drama
    Not flexible
    No employee discount
    Not organized

Treat all your employees the same

Citi Trends Photos