Citi

3.0 1,658 reviews

Citi CEO Michael Corbat

Michael Corbat

1,658 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Culture that allows self-motivated to thrive. Positive, not cut-throat.

ProsPerform well and you will be recognized and encouraged. Learn how to weave your way through the systems and the knowledge will become invaluable as you grow. Pay scale on the high side in comparison to other retail banks BUT you will work very hard for the extra $$ - staffing is very lean within the branch network and you will be expected to do more than you would with the same title in another bank. Client facing staff is knowledgeable and cares deeply about clients.

ConsCertain area directors and branch managers create negative microcosms within a larger corporate structure that is more positive. Fiefdoms exist where leadership is reactionary and negative and not even all that competent. However, it is possible to navigate the tricky waters and succeed despite this. Move to a different branch or line of business and you can find excellent leadership and be valued. Help line is not consistently helpful, can take a very long time to resolve issues, especially IT.

Advice to Senior ManagementStreamline systems to talk to one another. Make it more simple to accommodate customer needs and requests without inputing data in multiple systems/data bases; such as: promotions, programs, applications and requests from customers with cross business relationships. (If cards has the client's info, share it with retail, if a private bank or global executive client has a simple account opening request, make it possible to accommodate, allow online access for a client's multiple debit cards, this list could go on and on...)

Self Managed

ProsGreat global opportunity and ability to grow

ConsManagement should continure to promote work life balance

Culture differs greatly depending on the location in which your role operates. Expect a fast-changing environment.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGlobal bank offers transfer opportunities to many parts of the world. Office culture is generally friendly, however certain departments can be political depending on the unit head.

ConsPromotion opportunities are hard to come by.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very compartmentalized

Financial Analyst (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsGreat people, still keep in touch with many of them

Consdepartments are very detached from one another and it is difficult to understand what the function of each is in the larger spectrum

great company

Prosthere are lots of opportunity at the firm if you decide to take them

Conscompany is complex and important you learn how to navigate through it

Great Company

Systems Analyst (Former Employee)
    San Antonio, TX

ProsThe interview process was not long, asked many technical questions to make sure I was able to perform the required duties. Decent salary and opportunity to advance, great management and coworkers. Has a large cafeteria on site as well as a gym.

ConsI cannot offer any cons for Citi, I was hired for the position and really enjoyed the experience working there

Fair company...mediocre internal politics

Middle Management (Former Employee)
    San Mateo, CA

ProsSolid company to work for. Good to employees.

ConsCompensation average and not always comensurate with experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou get what you pay for. Less emphasis on academics and more on real life experience when hiring.

Securities trade settlement

Security Processing Representative (Current Employee)
    Tampa, FL

Pros3 recruiters called me from Citi, 2 for AML position and 3rd was for trade settlement. - I ended up with Latin America trade settlement. Benefits are great. The tuition reimbursement is great and there are the financial courses that the company offers for free. You can move around to other locations where the company is found.

ConsPay is a bit low for the industry. It can be hard to move up the ladder.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring back the bonus structure or the annual pay increase based on merit.

Very skilled people to learn from.

Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee)
    Irving, TX

ProsA competitive environment with some of the best minds in the industry.

ConsRed tape and procedures to submit changes and requests.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue employee feedback.

Pretty Good Place To Work

Product Manager (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsGlobal organization with plenty of opportunities. Decent work-life balance and very flexible with regard to working remotely when needed.

ConsStill a bit top heavy when it comes to senior management. Very bureaucratic, but things are starting to improve. Need a little more organization focus - trying to do too much with too little.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen filling top level positions internally, don't reorganize to sooth the egos of those who didn't get the job.

Worked for Citi? Contribute to the Community!

Citi Videos

Citi – Why Work for Us?

​​Citi works tirelessly to provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services. We strive to create the best outcomes for our clients and customers with… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citi reviews and ratings in United States — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Citi CEO Michael Corbat. All 1,658 reviews posted anonymously by Citi employees.