CitiMortgage

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jane Fraser

Pros
  • Good benefits that start from day one, nice amount of vacation time, and possibility of advancement(in 7 reviews)

• Excellent training/great benefits/the clients made it rewarding(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • upper management very rarely visits, causing an overall feel of being disconnected(in 10 reviews)

• The job security is dependent on the market(in 5 reviews)

Very disorganized. No stability.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Ann Arbor, MI

ProsBenefits, pay, time off.

ConsCiti is far behind both large and small lenders. Their technology is the worst among the major banks. Mortgage department on a whole different page than the rest of the organization. Inconsistent management allows employees at one location to not be held accountable while others were held accountable at another site. No job security even for top performers. Layoff decisions appeared to be made for legal standards versus keeping the best employees. Many employees that stay are on written warnings while those let go are strong performers. Upper management does not seek feedback from employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your best people they make it run. Hold people accountable for mistakes and then you won't have to layoff the good ones.

It was a learning curve for me.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood salary, different opportunities to advance your career, great people to work with.

ConsChanging market, more diversity needed.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more diversity, and more opportunities.

Credit Review Specialist Risk Management

Credit Risk Analyst (Former Employee) O'Fallon, MO

ProsThere is a large area for personal growth with advancing in the company and all of the resources available to help you along the way.

ConsLike any large corporation, buisness, or entity within the financial industry, there also lies ahead a stability risk due to fluxuation in the economic market.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Inexperienced and Inconsistent Management, Unsupportive HR, Frequent Layoffs, High Pressure/Toxic Office Culture.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits, bank holidays off.

ConsManagement hires friends (very difficult to get promoted/hired without knowing the right person), Employee Relations (HR) non-responsive to complaints of inappropriate behavior demonstrated by managers, Star Player (employee reward point system) and performance review system not based on merit but on nepotism/favoritism by managers. Negative attitude pervasive among staff due to poor management. Management often demeaning and non-communicative. Everyone & their brother given title of "Vice President", rendering it meaningless. Very young managers with less experience than subordinates placed into people management roles with little oversight. High turnover on mortgage side due to dissatisfaction.

Mortgage Underwriter

Credit Underwriter IV (Current Employee) Remote, OR

ProsRemote opportunity is the one pro.
    Salary is inadequate but offset by opportunity to work remotely from home.

ConsRobot immediate underwriting manager plus unreasonable, reactionary risk management

Advice to Senior ManagementThe agencies post guidelines and use common sense. Citi out of JAX needs to let go of over reaction to current climate and rules. Common sense supported by clear income, assets & credit docs Will be accepted by agencies w/o making employees and Especially customers jump thru hoops..

Outstanding company to make a career from

Business Unit Manager - Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsThe company strives vary hard to make sure that all employees skills are used to better serve the clients. I was promoted 3 times at Citi and in each role I felt that my management staff was there to support not only me but those that I was also supporting.

ConsThe only CON would be that annually merit increases did not outpace the increase in healthcare costs each year. I would like to see Citi be the industry leader when it comes to merit increases and healthcare costs for their amazing staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the outstanding work .. Thank you for 8 great years.

Good Place to work

ProsCiti Mortgage is a good place to work and has plenty of opportunity for those seeking to succeed in a cooperate environment

ConsAs in any corporate environment there are challenges and politics. There are not many cons as for the most part you are rewarded for your contributions

Great, caring company

Underwriter (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

Prostook care of employees; excellent working atmosphere

Constoo small to pay correct, competitive salaries

Advice to Senior Managementbe willing to pay top coin to have the best employees in the business

Good Starting Job for Office Environment

Loan Processor (Current Employee) Ann Arbor, MI

ProsGood base pay
    Good benefits (medical, dental, optical, 401k company matching)
    flexible work schedule
    great people
    relaxed environment

Conslimited career mobility
    unattainable bonus incentive plans
    over-time availability dependent upon market trends
    too many channels that "evaluate" and review performance, listen to calls, etc. - always being marked down for something
    almost feeling like we're being set up to fail at our jobs

Advice to Senior ManagementMake bonus incentives more attainable. Most people laugh at the current plan, knowing that very few will hit the mark required to receive anything quarterly (formerly monthly)

Citi Mortgage Experience

Unit Supervisor (Current Employee) Irving, WI

ProsWorking at Citi was a great experience! I worked as a Unit manager for Citi for 16+ agents in the Loss Mitigations department. I thoroughly enjoyed working for this company and they treat their employees very well.

ConsIf you can not adapt to daily changes with policy and procedures this company may not be for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementI thoroughly enjoyed working with management at Citi Mortgage

Worked for CitiMortgage? Contribute to the Community!