Citibank

Updated Jul 23, 2014

3.3 1,303 reviews

Citibank CEO Michael Corbat

Michael Corbat

Pros
  • The work life balance is a great reason to work at Citibank(in 50 reviews)

• Positive working environment that is conducive to forming good working relationships with colleagues(in 62 reviews)

Cons
  • Your work life balance suffers considerably as you are managing multiple projects(in 69 reviews)

• Long hours and a complete lack of leadership from a soft side in developing careers from Managers(in 42 reviews)

1,303 Employee Reviews

Career Changing

Home Equity Underwriter (Former Employee) O'Fallon, MO

ProsGreat Benefits, Great Team Members, Diversity, Oppurtunities

ConsMust have patience and be willing to learn or you will not move very far in your career path

Great Company

Vendor Production Manager, Vice President (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsCitibank is a very diversity driven company that strived on the importance of the client being first an shared responsibilities.

ConsAt times I felt like just a number and not unique person with a unique talent and task of building up a department and providing the tools of efficiency and effectiveness

Positive Culture Filled with Dedicated Individuals

Personal Banker (Current Employee)

ProsThe best things about working for Citibank include the people you get to see and talk to everyday, the recognition that is distributed, and the service oriented mentality.

ConsChallenges include but are not limited to, finding the right channel for solutions, guaranteeing an exceptional client experience, changing the way most people feel about banks

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work. Flexible. Relax atmosphere.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible work hours with the ability to work from home. Great incentives to the employees.

ConsOnly one location in Michigan. No banking centers in Michigan.

Citibank

ProsLots of opportunities for self-development within the company and employees are encouraged to think about the direction they want to go in. Being a global, company there are also opportunities to find jobs within Citi in other countries. Citi openly encourages diversity.

ConsRegular restructuration means that you may be one of the ones made redundant. This said, you may have the opportunity to stay within the company if you are prepared to change location.

Advice to Senior ManagementEfficiency is important, but companies that only concentrate on efficiency and do not invest in growth, eventually erode away to nothing. I cannot be sure that this is the case for Citi, but from where I'm sitting it looks like it might be.

Great place to work

Loan Processor (Current Employee)

ProsGreat benefits
    Management is very knowledgeable and helpful
    Procedures and everything is always changing constantly, if you like that sort of thing
    Great incentives when offered
    Pay is great, they pay more than most financial intuitions

ConsWish there were better training available

Banker

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits, great coworkers and the company was very fair to employees.

ConsIt was difficult to move to other positions outside the branch.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow more mobility and greater vision for your employees.

Decent Company

Teller (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsMost things are laid back at Citibank, and you have the potential to make a lot of money in the company. Definitely would recommend for people wanting to be in the banking field. They have the power of a big bank with the customer service orientation of a small bank.

ConsMost computers, software, and things in the bank are incredibly out dated. In many occasions it's also massively disorganized. This just makes works for employees harder.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe majority of their offices and buildings need a massive face lift. Please, please, please invest into the Financial Centers!!! Your customers are noticing the problems!!!

Comprehensive Fast Growth

Senior Teller (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsEffective Training, friendly competition, fair incentives.

ConsUnrealistic goals, relying heavily on random service surveys.

Advice to Senior ManagementConnect more with your staff on a personal level to help create a warm work harmony. No one likes to come to work hating life because of their job. Citibank is an awesome place to learn banking and become proficient but I can't award it any credit to always ensuring they provide a healthy work-life balance to their employees.

Great

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery easy stable job for people transitioning from school to the work force.

ConsSome of the people working there weren't the most educated people so it hindered the progress of certain departments.

Worked for Citibank? Contribute to the Community!