Citibank Reviews

3.3
1,403 Reviews

Citibank CEO Michael Corbat
Michael Corbat

Pros
  • The work life balance is a great reason to work at Citibank (in 50 reviews)

• The working environment really satisfied every one who loves to work in dynamic environment (in 63 reviews)

Cons
  • Your work life balance suffers considerably as you are managing multiple projects (in 70 reviews)

• Long hours and a complete lack of leadership from a soft side in developing careers from Managers (in 43 reviews)

More Highlights

Citibank.

Former Employee - Analyst, Finance Division  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Analyst, Finance Division in Chicago, IL

I worked at Citibank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked for this company for more than 3 years. It is a good company to work for (good benefits, salaries are fair), and good people in general.

Cons

The company is too big, so once in a while you do not know who is in charge.

Challenging

Current Employee - Senior Analyst  in  Long Is City, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Long Is City, NY

I have been working at Citibank full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Work-life balance is great. Never experienced in my time here a lot of micro management.

Cons

Career development opportunities are not streamlined. No clear path is set by management for individuals looking to advance their careers in an orderly fashion. It feels like you must make the choice to leave the organization at one level to come back as a new employee to gain a solid promotion within the organization.

A great place to experience and gain in depth knowledge about global banking.

Current Employee - Credit & Portfolio Risk Manager  in  Blue Ash, OH
    Current Employee - Credit & Portfolio Risk Manager in Blue Ash, OH

I have been working at Citibank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

One of the big banks, global presence, plenty of opportunity to move across businesses, portfolios and groups. You get to work with diverse pool of talent across globe.

Cons

No uniform corporate culture across different groups. Some groups do not promote from within. No formal training. Compensation is below industry average.

Immediate manager have no control or say on the employees performance review. Corporate message and actual culture is not in sync. Management does not seek and/or value employees feedback

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Personal Banker

I worked at Citibank

Pros

-nice environment with good people

Cons

compensation too low for the quantity of work

Don't work in TTS (Treasury and Trade Solutions)

I have been working at Citibank

Pros

Decent work hours, people are reasonable and the job is not as life-sucking as others in the ICG (Markets, Banking). If you are really really good, you may be able to move internationally. If you work in a good product like Trade, you will learn a lot, otherwise prepare to be bored and get treated like a second class citizen (compared to the rest of ICG).

Cons

Very low pay scale compared to other ICG businesses, especially when you compare our margins to those businesses. No space for personal development...the work is very boring...almost Admin work. The tech systems are a complete mess...you will spend a lot of time fixing things rather than building new systems/innovating.

Pay your people more and show them that they are valued. There's a reason we have such high attrition rates!!

sales pressure

Current Employee - Bank Teller  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Bank Teller in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Citibank part-time for more than a year

Pros

Citibank branch closes at 2PM on Saturdays and 5pm on weekdays. If you work for other banks, end time will be later.

Cons

They give you two to three warnings if you don't meet your sales goals and you will be out.

At my branch, some tellers and bankers gang up and tried to report every single move managers make to upper managements, I see that it was a tough place. I felt sorry for them. Being firm and getting respect from people who work for you is a key but I understand that it is not easy.

Bankruptcy Specialist

I have been working at Citibank

Pros

in the beginning everything was easy but now they are continuing to make changes everyday.

Cons

changes being made everyday, so you dont know whether you are doing the work right or wrong

Cool place

I worked at Citibank

Pros

It's a training ground and there are so many learning points.

Cons

The place is Quite bureaucratic

Reduce the process for getting approvals

Hard work = Laid Off

Former Employee - Mortgage  in  Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Mortgage in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at Citibank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great co-workers and benefits.

Cons

Corporate America BS: Several lay offs where great employees were let go while the dead weight still has a job. To satisfy the US Government, must keep a diverse culture so great employees with strong work ethic and quality work get let go.

Get rid of the dead weight and not the great employees. HR needs to get on the ball with open postings for those that have applied that were laid off. To wait 2 months and never hear anything is so disappointing.

great ideas get diluted with slow implementation

Former Employee - Senior Vice President, Marketing  in  Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Vice President, Marketing in Miami, FL

I worked at Citibank full-time for more than a year

Pros

large corporation where you can learn the ins and outs of dealing in a large company

Cons

very difficult to get things done. The phase in which things get done in too slow, and you need to have the right people aligned to get things done

move faster

Worked for Citibank? Contribute to the Community!