Citibank

Updated Jul 30, 2014

3.2 1,322 reviews

Citibank CEO Michael Corbat

Michael Corbat

Pros
  • The work life balance is a great reason to work at Citibank (in 50 reviews)

• The working environment really satisfied every one who loves to work in dynamic environment (in 63 reviews)

Cons
  • Your work life balance suffers considerably as you are managing multiple projects (in 70 reviews)

• Long hours and a complete lack of leadership from a soft side in developing careers from Managers (in 43 reviews)

More Highlights
1,322 Employee Reviews

Citibank

ProsLots of opportunities for self-development within the company and employees are encouraged to think about the direction they want to go in. Being a global, company there are also opportunities to find jobs within Citi in other countries. Citi openly encourages diversity.

ConsRegular restructuration means that you may be one of the ones made redundant. This said, you may have the opportunity to stay within the company if you are prepared to change location.

Advice to Senior ManagementEfficiency is important, but companies that only concentrate on efficiency and do not invest in growth, eventually erode away to nothing. I cannot be sure that this is the case for Citi, but from where I'm sitting it looks like it might be.

Banker

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits, great coworkers and the company was very fair to employees.

ConsIt was difficult to move to other positions outside the branch.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow more mobility and greater vision for your employees.

Great place to work

Loan Processor (Current Employee)

ProsGreat benefits
    Management is very knowledgeable and helpful
    Procedures and everything is always changing constantly, if you like that sort of thing
    Great incentives when offered
    Pay is great, they pay more than most financial intuitions

ConsWish there were better training available

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Decent Company

Teller (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsMost things are laid back at Citibank, and you have the potential to make a lot of money in the company. Definitely would recommend for people wanting to be in the banking field. They have the power of a big bank with the customer service orientation of a small bank.

ConsMost computers, software, and things in the bank are incredibly out dated. In many occasions it's also massively disorganized. This just makes works for employees harder.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe majority of their offices and buildings need a massive face lift. Please, please, please invest into the Financial Centers!!! Your customers are noticing the problems!!!

Comprehensive Fast Growth

Senior Teller (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsEffective Training, friendly competition, fair incentives.

ConsUnrealistic goals, relying heavily on random service surveys.

Advice to Senior ManagementConnect more with your staff on a personal level to help create a warm work harmony. No one likes to come to work hating life because of their job. Citibank is an awesome place to learn banking and become proficient but I can't award it any credit to always ensuring they provide a healthy work-life balance to their employees.

Great

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery easy stable job for people transitioning from school to the work force.

ConsSome of the people working there weren't the most educated people so it hindered the progress of certain departments.

Stressful, but great at times!

Prosbenefits are good, bank holidays are always good. if you do well the monthly sales commissions are pretty good.

Consstress, stress, and more stress. Constantly changing rules and regulations. High sales goals. Lots of competition among co-workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore training closer to where you work. Traveling to the City is not fun. Less stress. Better work life balance.

Great opportunities and work-life balance

IT Graduate Associate (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsGreat work-life balance, pay rate, benefits,

ConsToo much red tape, management is not ver personal or communicative, alot of people seem to get stuck on their roles

Great benefits

Account Manager (Former Employee) Irving, TX

ProsThe pros were the benefits before the mortgage collapse. Great opportunity to learn about the credit/finance industry!

ConsCall Center environment:( Easy to become complacent!

Positive. It is what YOU make it!

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Meridian, ID

ProsGreat atmosphere, great culture. Managers genuinely seemed to care and your co-workers are generally very friendly. Citi gave me every opportunity to succeed. I would go back in a heartbeat if asked. It's up to the employee to make it work for them!

ConsSome of the metrics were hard to meet, but not unmeetable. Not a TON of room for advancement, but it is a very big call center.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees and continue to push them to do better and be better.

Worked for Citibank? Contribute to the Community!