Citizant Reviews

33 reviews filtered by
2.9
Citizant CEO Alba M. Alemán
Alba M. Alemán

1. They get telecommuting.

Current Employee - Senior Programmer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Programmer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Citizant full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Work from home, flexible hours, decent pay, good benefits and low stress. Unlike most places they see telecommuting as a way to improve the bottom line not a begrudged benefit.

Cons

Smallish company so not as many openings for promotion. Limited office options for non telecommuters.

Advice to Management

Communication is key, New Jive and teleconferencing tools have been a big help. Keep going that direction.

2. I really enjoy working at Citizant

I have been working at Citizant

Pros

I really enjoy working at Citizant. I feel valued and am given praise which are things I have not had at previous jobs. At Citizant my strengths have been recognized and put to use where needed. I have been sent to training for new skills or to improve the ones I have. I believe this depends on the manager you have.

The CEO is thoughtful about employee needs and wants. She tries to meet needs when she can, and has shown tremendous kindness. She is motivated to grow the company and seems to honestly enjoy her work and what Citizant does for its customers.

Excellent service is rewarded with promotions or awards (and many awards have been given out lately). Those who are coasting will not get recognized and are not tolerated for long.

Cons

There was a rough time in 2013-14 with the government shutdown and tough environment for contractors. There has been employee turnover for various reasons. Managers have come and gone (but core execs/mgmt of 5+ years are the same). Staff get laid off when projects end but that's the nature of this business.

Advice to Management

Changes seem to take months to implement or never come up again. Delegate to someone you trust and give a final stamp of approval asap. Don't let it sit in your inbox forever.

3. Do not look out for their employees

I worked at Citizant

Pros

Decent benefits and that's all.

Cons

You will be stressed all the time.

You hardly get any raises, as the company is very stingy with money. They will give you the run around when asking for a promotion/raise. Not too many perks.

Advice to Management

Pay the employees what they deserve!

5. I think Citizant is a terrific place to work! Great collaboration with fun and passionate people..

I have been working at Citizant full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I am consistently challenged in my position and feel I have the support of my manager any time. He always takes the time to listen and give helpful advice. The CEO is a caring person, approachable, and the first to roll up her sleeves and help in any way needed, and the first to show her appreciation for all you do.

Cons

Sometimes the communication chain is broken and the message gets lost.

Advice to Management

Communicate expectations clearly, be honest and forthright; it provides guidance for improving.

Clique Company

I worked at Citizant

Pros

The CEO is a nice person, and very employee oriented.

Cons

Although the CEO is a nice person, she manages by committee. That is to say that she relies on her senior management staff. The only problem is they are not focused on helping her, but furthering their own endeavors. Her philosophies are not passed down throughout the company. And the Senior staff are managers at best, certainly not leaders.....

Advice to Management

If you really want to know the pulse of the company, have "Skip Level" meetings with the ground troops and get real honest feedback on the state of the company. If that is not your desire, then hold on as best you can... your foundation is not solid.

Hostile CEO

I have been working at Citizant

Pros

I work with some extremely talented and nice people, in the program and technical side. HR is nice, not icy like most. We still feel small and we know everyone's name at headquarters.

Cons

You never know what mood the owner will be in. If you sit in a cube you can hear terrible language and complaints about everyone. It's very discouraging to hear your co-workers who work hard and are dedicated to success get spoken to in meetings by the owner like they are children. She is emotional, sporadic, unreliable and has no concept of being a motivational leader. Treating experienced professionals so poorly would never motivate anyone the way she thinks it should. I am happy that I have no direct interface or I probably would not stay. She believes that fear equates to respect. However the only fear is being let go, nit is not a fear that she will not respect you. Because she does not appear to respect anyone. I get tired of hearing my coworkers complain about how tired they are taking the abuse. I have heard the same thing from so many people who have left too. It doesn't surprise me that we lose very skilled people.

Advice to Management

Please consider taking classes in how to get results while still showing respect. All people deserve respect in the office. At all times.

8. Merry-go-round

I have been working at Citizant full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company presents a strong customer focus and employee commitment. It pushed through into a large business and still holds onto the small business programs that enabled success.

Cons

Several benefits are proposed, not in place, such as corporate training program, PTO cash-out, annual reviews.

9. Rebuilding, refocusing, and optimistic

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Citizant full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company has hired several new department managers in 2014, and the team really seems to be gelling. Despite the long hours that are typical in the government contracting industry, everyone seems highly committed to success and believes that the company's best days are just ahead. The board strongly supports the company's management team, with a 6-year board member stepping in this spring to serve as acting COO. The caliber of professionals joining the company is remarkable. Leadership is refocused on emphasizing the values and behaviors that made the company a fast-growing market leader in its early days. Many of the best program managers who have been here for a few years are seeing opportunities for new and expanded responsibilities. Much of the "churn" caused by the departure of the former CEO and several managers who he had hired has subsided, and we've returned to a sense of stability with a focus on growth and employee engagement. Customers including the IRS are giving us the highest performance ratings and trusting us with expanded assignments, so that's proof we're good work that our customers value.

Cons

There are still challenges -- nothing that can't be addressed. Former managers let processes deteriorate and delayed some investments, but these are being rectified at a mature pace. The government continues to cut budgets, and that affects MOST government contractors, not just us. But we're bidding on work that we're highly qualified for, and we've cut many internal costs so we're more cost-effective than ever.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on communication and collaboration -- both internally and with partners. Don't compromise on values, as former managers did. Continue delivering smart proposals and growth will take care of itself.

Small company with potential

I have been working at Citizant full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Small company, graduated from 8a. Is a member of the Eagle II contract vehicle and has potential to win various levels of contracts.

Cons

Poor management, continuous re-structuring and serial exit of executive level employees. Poor client management and lack of visibility into offsite contracts lead to loss of lucrative contract(s).

Advice to Management

Stabilize management at all levels. Increase executive management visibility at each contract location, do not ASSUME the client is happy.

Unorganized

I worked at Citizant full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours and salary were decent

Cons

Inconsistent Management, benefits could have been better.

Citizant Photos