Citizens Bank Reviews

475 reviews filtered by
2.5
Citizens Bank CEO Bruce Van Saun
Bruce Van Saun

Pros
  • Work life balance is well respected and most managers are supportive of colleagues needs (in 25 reviews)

• I didn't receive benefits from here but from what I heard there were good benefits (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance if you are a branch employee; branches are severely understaffed (in 22 reviews)

• They don't understand that there are sales goals and that it is a sales position (in 30 reviews)

1. Many management changes in the US, made for an unsteady environment

I worked at Citizens Bank full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

People I worked with were great

Cons

Very heavy workloads, and technology was sorely lacking

Doesn't care about current employees

I have been working at Citizens Bank full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Other managers (who are on the same level as you) support each other.

Cons

Work/Life Balance=None. Doesn't care about current employees. High turnover. Salaries- you have some bankers that are making more then managers. Also, bankers that have been with the company for 10 years or more making less then new colleagues coming in. They need to look across the board to make salaries more fair and consistent for all.

Good, not great yet.

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Cranston, RI
    Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Cranston, RI

I have been working at Citizens Bank full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Strong employee culture -- colleagues believe in and value the Credo. Autonomous work environment. Ability to balance work needs and family needs. Great benefits -- PTO is so good, many colleagues stay just for that.

Cons

Amorphous goals. Lack of long-term thinking -- executive leadership moves from one emergency to another. Cutting costs to hit revenue goals. Managers are unable to get rid of negative employees who are poisoning an otherwise healthy team. Using contractors in the place of permanent employees for non-project work that lasts in excess of 2-years. Annual pay increases at or below inflation -- good employees are leaving because other companies are willing to pay them what they're worth. Internal promotions will get only the minimum of the pay range for that role, whereas new hires for the same position will be paid at the middle or top of the range.

Realize that you can't cut your way to long-term growth. Free up managers to enact positive effects on their teams.

Good working environment, high pressure with poor management.

Former Employee - Teller in Reading, PA
    Former Employee - Teller in Reading, PA

I worked at Citizens Bank

Pros

Good people, great incentives I like the environment where I worked everyone had a close relationship with each other. Branch manager was awesome and helped up reach our goals. There was some incentives when reaching goals or exceeding them.

Cons

Time off could be better, there is little chance for promotion if you start as a teller unless you know somebody. Regional manager put a lots of pressure on bankers and teller with no real game plan, branch manager was transferred, messing up the culture of our close knit branch

Be a mentor and coach the people on your team

6. Awful sales pressure in the retail setting

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Amherst, NY
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Amherst, NY

I worked at Citizens Bank

Pros

Good amount of PTO and good 401 (k) matching.

Cons

Unrealistic goals, awful sales tactics

7. Needs better management.

I have been working at Citizens Bank

Pros

Office is busy and colleagues and manager helpful.

Cons

Micro - managed at branch level.

Eliminate the micro -management.

High sales pressure. If you don't like sales don't bother.

Current Employee - Senior Personal Banker
    Current Employee - Senior Personal Banker

I have been working at Citizens Bank full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Reasonable pay plus sales incentives.

Cons

The need to constantly cross selling sometimes eliminates the personal touch. Lots of teller work and need to be everywhere.

We all know the elimination of tellers will come. Be the bank that ask your customers if this is how they would like to see change. Don't lose the personal side to banking. Cross selling is essential to our company growing allowing branches to hire more tellers will grow our business long term. It's extremely difficult on the branch goals an staff when we aren't adequately staff. Hire more floats. Customers don't want to see our staff running from drive ups to front lobby windows and also cross selling at a teller window and doing the account opening at a station makes us look unprofessional an we lose more crossing selling opportunities. Bankers need more desk time and less teller time we achieve more when we can grow our desk business. Weekly banker groups could grow our visions by collaborating how we as bankers can help grow all of our sales. Best practices shared.

9. Mood company to work for

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Citizens Bank

Pros

Top Performers are rewarded and recognized. Nice perks all around from benefits, compensation and incentives / bonuses.

Cons

Really long work days required to achieve objectives. Work life balance could be better.

Re-evaluate priorities, available resources and individual workload.

10. I worked as a banker, that was my title. But my job functions were that of a teller. i was misled about the position

Former Employee - Banker I in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Banker I in Boston, MA

I worked at Citizens Bank

Pros

The company itself has a good work culture, good benefits, and shows appreciation towards employees.

Cons

It depends on the location where you work.. My location was terrible, horrible manager, stressful sales environment,

11. Great Bank

Current Employee - Personal Banker
    Current Employee - Personal Banker

I have been working at Citizens Bank

Pros

Great place work.great.benefits and starting pay. Base salary paid weekly which is a plus

Cons

The challenges is alot of micromanagement going on which can make work life.very stressful.

Stop micromanaging.your employees