Citizens Financial Group

Citizens Financial Group Reviews in Chicago, IL

Citizens Financial Group CEO Bruce Van Saun

Bruce Van Saun

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Stressful yet rewarding job, but would never go back.

Teller Manager (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsDecent wages, great health insurance, educational assistance are all pluses. If you work very hard to get sales and become creative with it, you will do very well. I was lucky to have to perfect mix of a great teller team, great branch manager, and great customers.

ConsAggressive focus on unrealistic sales goals was a massive contributing factor to high stress and eventual high turnover of staff. The bank needs to realize that it's products and services do not compete with the big banks like Chase or Bank of America. The bank spends a huge sums of money on a marketing program that simply doesn't work. Additionally, many customers and colleagues are tired of the circa 1984 computer system and its crashes. Be wary of certain Regional Managers as they are responsible creating very stressful environments-too many useless conference calls and finger pointing throughout the day if sales goals are not met.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are running a bank and not a used car dealership lot. Don't encourage annoying and abrasive sales tactics on your colleagues as it only promotes fraud instead of actual sales.

Very underwhelming and sales sales sales...

Teller (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsThe pay is pretty decent just for a teller especially if you don't have many bills

Gaining a little business experience

Vacation time for part time employees...can't say that about many employers

Nice hours if you don't have anything else to do but work although the hours can be very long and tiring

ConsSales...sales ....meeting sales goals here tends to be their number one objective here besides being operational sound... And honestly the products at the bank aren't that good compare to other banks and if more than one of your employees thinks the product is terrible how. Can we sell a bad product and some people realize that's it's not that good so they don't want it...

The company has to get with standard times and stop being cheap the branches in Chicago are very badly designed and not clean not to mention the one I work at has roaches and mice and everything in the branch is very old where you don't want to touch anything. Not to mention the computer hardware and software is obsolete And very slow...

Just a terrible company...no reason to work here and I would advise anyone who is thinking of it to turn around and run and think about chase or wells Fargo...

Advice to Senior ManagementJust get better managers in general I know the branch managers and TMs do as they follow but whoever makes a lot of the rules, has to stop and think and ask is this logical and compete better with chase and bank of America as far as treating there employees fair and giving them Incentives, in which there is none. I'm not a happy employee here...it's depressing!

Sales oriented, no personal skills from the management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsFair pay, good benefits, and convienient locations

ConsWork stress was high and unbearable

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsCharter One Bank was one of the best financial institutes to work for. I worked back office and was very satisfied with my position, management, and co-workers.

ConsThe only down sides seen to working at Charter One bank was the potential for growth within the department that I worked. There were very few opportunities available ever.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to management is to pay attention to your team. Communicate openly with them and provide constructive feedback - both positive and negative - on a regular basis. Be available and supportive of your staff at all times.

In the CRE group the people are great unfortunately career growth opportunity is extremely low

Portfolio Manager (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsTypically 8 to 5 hours (no weekends)
    Fairly low demand for pretty good pay
    Good benefits / education reimbursement

ConsNo on board training
    No career paths setup for future growth
    Limited decision making ability even at upper ends
    Very repetitive work

Advice to Senior ManagementForm career path plans for employees

Worked for Citizens Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!

Citizens Financial Group Videos

Citizens Financial Group – Why Work for Us?

About Citizens Bank Citizens Bank is a division of RBS Citizens, N.A., operating its seven-state branch network in Connecticut, Delaware, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island and Vermont. It has… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citizens Financial Group reviews and ratings in Chicago, IL — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Citizens Financial Group CEO Bruce Van Saun. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Citizens Financial Group employees.