Citizens Financial Group

Citizens Financial Group Reviews in Chicago, IL

2.5

Citizens Financial Group CEO Bruce Van Saun
Bruce Van Saun

Pros
  • Work life balance is well respected and most managers are supportive of colleagues needs (in 24 reviews)

• Good Benefits and a changing work environment that's friendly to employees to attract talent (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no work life balance in this company (in 15 reviews)

• They don't understand that there are sales goals and that it is a sales position (in 28 reviews)

More Highlights

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Stressful yet rewarding job, but would never go back.

Former Employee - Teller Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Teller Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Citizens Financial Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Decent wages, great health insurance, educational assistance are all pluses. If you work very hard to get sales and become creative with it, you will do very well. I was lucky to have to perfect mix of a great teller team, great branch manager, and great customers.

Cons

Aggressive focus on unrealistic sales goals was a massive contributing factor to high stress and eventual high turnover of staff. The bank needs to realize that it's products and services do not compete with the big banks like Chase or Bank of America. The bank spends a huge sums of money on a marketing program that simply doesn't work. Additionally, many customers and colleagues are tired of the circa 1984 computer system and its crashes. Be wary of certain Regional Managers as they are responsible creating very stressful environments-too many useless conference calls and finger pointing throughout the day if sales goals are not met.

You are running a bank and not a used car dealership lot. Don't encourage annoying and abrasive sales tactics on your colleagues as it only promotes fraud instead of actual sales.

Very underwhelming and sales sales sales...

Current Employee - Teller  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Teller in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Citizens Financial Group part-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay is pretty decent just for a teller especially if you don't have many bills

Gaining a little business experience

Vacation time for part time employees...can't say that about many employers

Nice hours if you don't have anything else to do but work although the hours can be very long and tiring

Cons

Sales...sales ....meeting sales goals here tends to be their number one objective here besides being operational sound... And honestly the products at the bank aren't that good compare to other banks and if more than one of your employees thinks the product is terrible how. Can we sell a bad product and some people realize that's it's not that good so they don't want it...

The company has to get with standard times and stop being cheap the branches in Chicago are very badly designed and not clean not to mention the one I work at has roaches and mice and everything in the branch is very old where you don't want to touch anything. Not to mention the computer hardware and software is obsolete And very slow...

Just a terrible company...no reason to work here and I would advise anyone who is thinking of it to turn around and run and think about chase or wells Fargo...

Just get better managers in general I know the branch managers and TMs do as they follow but whoever makes a lot of the rules, has to stop and think and ask is this logical and compete better with chase and bank of America as far as treating there employees fair and giving them Incentives, in which there is none. I'm not a happy employee here...it's depressing!

Sales oriented, no personal skills from the management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Citizens Financial Group

Pros

Fair pay, good benefits, and convienient locations

Cons

Work stress was high and unbearable

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

good

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Citizens Financial Group

Pros

Charter One Bank was one of the best financial institutes to work for. I worked back office and was very satisfied with my position, management, and co-workers.

Cons

The only down sides seen to working at Charter One bank was the potential for growth within the department that I worked. There were very few opportunities available ever.

My advice to management is to pay attention to your team. Communicate openly with them and provide constructive feedback - both positive and negative - on a regular basis. Be available and supportive of your staff at all times.

In the CRE group the people are great unfortunately career growth opportunity is extremely low

Current Employee - Portfolio Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Portfolio Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Citizens Financial Group

Pros

Typically 8 to 5 hours (no weekends)
    Fairly low demand for pretty good pay
    Good benefits / education reimbursement

Cons

No on board training
    No career paths setup for future growth
    Limited decision making ability even at upper ends
    Very repetitive work

Form career path plans for employees

Citizens Financial Group Photos

Worked for Citizens Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!