Citizens Financial Group

Updated November 24, 2014
2.5

Citizens Financial Group CEO Bruce Van Saun
Bruce Van Saun

Pros
  • Work life balance is well respected and most managers are supportive of colleagues needs (in 25 reviews)

• I didn't receive benefits from here but from what I heard there were good benefits (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance if you are a branch employee; branches are severely understaffed (in 22 reviews)

• They don't understand that there are sales goals and that it is a sales position (in 30 reviews)

More Highlights

Teller

Former Employee - Bank Teller in Providence, RI
    Former Employee - Bank Teller in Providence, RI

I worked at Citizens Financial Group part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible, Customer Oriented, personal growth, good management, friendly

Cons

advancement is slow process, it is difficult to transfer to a different department

So far so good!

I have been working at Citizens Financial Group

Pros

If your good at sales the pay is great.

Cons

Can be challanging must love what you do.

Work together as a team to meet goals. If everyone meets goals everyone wins.

Personal Banker

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Malden, MA
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Malden, MA

I have been working at Citizens Financial Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefit package, Community based company

Cons

Need to add more balance in co-workers social meeting or events

Keep up the good work, work on giving better raises/bonuses

Don't Apply!!!! No possible advancement unless you "game the system"

I have been working at Citizens Financial Group

Pros

I don't have anything positive to say. I have been asking my husband to close his accounts since I started here.

Cons

Every person I've met does what's right for his or her pocket, not for the client. How many accounts can one client have. I don't think senior management has a clue about what is going on in the branches. Oh, and don't expect the lending process to go smoothly. The only people I see advancing don't do what's right for the client. How can you let someone like that be a leader and train others?

Coach to client engagement through proper profiling; not to account openings and annuity sales.

Like family

I worked at Citizens Financial Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, flexible hours, loved working with the customers, I was a floater and loved visiting each branch and getting to work with other employees and meeting new customers

Cons

the goals are challenging, the bank needs to stick to one incentive plan not keep changing it

Management should learn and respect ALL aspects of their branch and know the position before trying to coach someone

Fantastic company to work for!

Current Employee - Project Analyst in Providence, RI
    Current Employee - Project Analyst in Providence, RI

I have been working at Citizens Financial Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay and benefits
    Generous paid time off
    Great opportunity for advancement
    Flexible work schedule
    Accessible management team

Cons

At times, management team can be demanding (short time frames, re-work, etc) but requests are understandable given the IPO prep environment that the company is currently in.

Technology has definitely been an issue but great strides are being made to ensure that we have the tools and systems in place to ensure colleagues success.

Amazing Experience, Launched my Career!!

Former Employee - In Store Banker
    Former Employee - In Store Banker

I worked at Citizens Financial Group full-time

Pros

There are set guidelines and procedures to do things, but upper management encourages you to make the process your own. They like seeing different personalities come alive, and you become committed to the job because you are doing things how you want to. Positive work environment that allows for great conversations with customers and excellent customer service. You really get out of this job what you want to. The sales goals to me were very attainable. To others they were too daunting and not reachable. Again, you get out of it what you want to. This is a sales company, you are in a sales role, so it makes sense to have sales goals. I never missed my goals while employed, and the pay was amazing because of it!! They allow overtime as long as you prove you deserve it. They encourage you to work as much as you'd like. Base pay is excellent, OT is rewarding and the commission scale is phenomenal. So sad Citizens Bank was not located where I moved to, otherwise I would still be an employee!!

Cons

Some turnover because people get in over their heads when excepting the job. They don't understand that there are sales goals and that it is a sales position. Generally they don't think much of the "sales" aspect because the base pay is amazing. But those that know what they signed up for and love to service the clients will succeed and enjoy every minute of it!!

Encourage lower level management to increase the emphasis on the sales aspect of the job. Interviews are conducted great, but they just ask "are you aware that there are sales goals you will be expected to meet on a quarterly basis?". They should give scenarios and/or examples as well as asking supporting questions to ensure they are not wasting the time of the candidate or the company.

Great place to challenge yourself

Current Employee - Several in Dedham, MA
    Current Employee - Several in Dedham, MA

I have been working at Citizens Financial Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to innovate. Organization looked to marketing to drive the organization forward. Ideas encouraged at all levels. I had flexibility with my schedule so I could balance my childrens' schedules.

Cons

Was starting to get very corporate and political.

Team Leader/Consultant

Former Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at Citizens Financial Group as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

good and ethical work culture

Cons

none, everything was good at citizens.

Citizens Financial Group is an awesome company to work for!

I have been working at Citizens Financial Group full-time

Pros

Achievable Incentive Structure
    Competitive Salary
    Innovative
    Customer Oriented

Cons

Banking industry as a whole is currently facing crippling regulatory pressure which is forcing downsizing of all banks

Citizens Financial Group Photos