Citrix Systems

www.citrix.com

Citrix Systems Reviews in Cambridge, East of England, England

Citrix Systems President, CEO, and Director Mark B. Templeton

Mark B. Templeton

Pros
  • 1-Work life balance is perfect, as you have the ability to work virtually from anywhere(in 127 reviews)

• It's generally easy to work from home for a day or so or take time off(in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is no longer existent (use to be something coveted here)(in 21 reviews)

• Middle management should be trashed , they are ' Yes Men ' who don't stand up for their teams(in 23 reviews)

11 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Clearly in top 20% best places to work in for software engineers

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

ProsQuite a nice place to work for a professional. Everyone around you is highly skilled.

ConsChanging things is so slow and corporate bureaucracy does slows down progress.

Good place to work but unfair salaries and elitist mentality.

Senior Software Test Engineer (Current Employee) Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

ProsNice place to work and good work/life balance.
    Some good people to work with.
    Fun and interesting technologies.

ConsExtremely unfair salary distribution, poor career progression and much time wasted with American office politics.
    Young engineers are not rewarded like old. The ageist culture favours older employees regardless of work completed or results attained. Especially with salaries.
    Well performing American employees are treated like royalty with regular and good promotions and pay increases while the UK are left with the scraps and treated like 2nd rate citizens in comparison.
    Citrix often rewards poor engineering management who are just the 'yes' men. Then good engineering and management goes unnoticed just because of lack of noise.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to realize that good engineers are not disposable or renewable.
    Stop systematically eradicating upper management from the UK.

Invests in staff, training, great offices, perks and technologies

Senior Software Engineer II (Current Employee) Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

ProsGreat well maintained, low density seating offices. Laptops and meeting rooms plentiful to help collaboration. Plentiful parking and relaxed attitude to work from home. Regular training and meetings. Technologies and processes constantly updated.

ConsTechnologies moving so fast it can be hard to keep track of direction. A lot of software managers who have meetings relative to engineers.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore engineers and fewer managers and marketing people and communicate long term strategy to smooth over the fast pace of change, we can't develop and test code overnight!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work but not much in the way of career progression

Senior Software Test Engineer I (Current Employee) Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

ProsGood quality people and interesting technology

ConsEngineering environment is very slow moving

Very good & friendly environment

Principal Localisation Specialist (Current Employee) Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

ProsIt's a very good atmosphere, you get 23 days holidays (25 after a few years), free soda, free fruit juices, free fruits, coffee and tea/milk. We have a game room. I do not feel like I am going to work per se every day, it's a friendly environment, and I recommend the company! The benefits are good too.

ConsWe do not get shares anymore as we used to in the past. We do not travel as much. I guess money needs to be saved.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think it would be nice to still give share to high performing employees. Just a thought.

A fun time developing from a graduate to a senior developer

Senior Software Development Engineer (Current Employee) Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

ProsGreat culture, some great people, good flexible working, some great technologies to work on. The company understands it is the people that make a company succeed.

ConsNot all departments are as good as others, many have still not adapted agile practices.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome areas are still using very waterfall style development, and some areas seem to be blindly following process rather than looking at why it is there.

Excellent company and values

Lead Software Testing Engineer (Current Employee) Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

ProsGood balance between work and free time
    Good portfolio of products with innovative technologies
    Clear direction from management

ConsPromotions sometimes only if you apply internally to other positions

Good, fairly stimulating working environment backed by sense of buoyancy

Principal Software Engineer (Current Employee) Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

ProsNot posturing too much but pretty focused on solutions
    Emphasis on clean design
    Eats own dog food - great when dog food works

ConsSeems to be leaking some talent, not sure how serious
    Trajectory forces it into the Microsoft fold to a large extent

Good place with smart people

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

ProsVery smart people (even managers ;), nice office with Table Tennis (I think that you should not work in company without Ping-Pong ;). Good balance between work and private time. Very nice attitude for family file.

ConsSalary could be better. Corp IT is far from perfect. Communication between teams working on different product is not ideal yet (but improving).

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter handle acquisitions.

Great technology

Software Developer (Current Employee) Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

ProsGreat technology, very smart people, very good benefits

ConsVery distributed around the world not very good communication

Advice to Senior ManagementGood

Worked for Citrix Systems? Contribute to the Community!