Citrix Systems

Citrix Systems Reviews in Cambridge, East of England, England

3.8

Citrix Systems President, CEO, and Director Mark B. Templeton
Mark B. Templeton

Pros
  • The ability to work from home really helped gain a better work/life balance (in 149 reviews)

• It's generally easy to work from home for a day or so or take time off (in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is no longer existent (use to be something coveted here) (in 27 reviews)

• The 'middle management' makes all the decisions without leveraging the talent below them (in 29 reviews)

More Highlights

12 Employee Reviews Back to all Reviews

Great high tech company but experiencing some growing pains

Former Employee - Director of Software Engineering in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I worked at Citrix Systems full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great technology. Very relevant solutions. Competitive benefits.

Cons

Some of the higher management is inexperienced in larger enterprises.

Clearly in top 20% best places to work in for software engineers

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at Citrix Systems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Quite a nice place to work for a professional. Everyone around you is highly skilled.

Cons

Changing things is so slow and corporate bureaucracy does slows down progress.

Good place to work but unfair salaries and elitist mentality.

Current Employee - Senior Software Test Engineer in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at Citrix Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Nice place to work and good work/life balance.
    Some good people to work with.
    Fun and interesting technologies.

Cons

Extremely unfair salary distribution, poor career progression and much time wasted with American office politics.
    Young engineers are not rewarded like old. The ageist culture favours older employees regardless of work completed or results attained. Especially with salaries.
    Well performing American employees are treated like royalty with regular and good promotions and pay increases while the UK are left with the scraps and treated like 2nd rate citizens in comparison.
    Citrix often rewards poor engineering management who are just the 'yes' men. Then good engineering and management goes unnoticed just because of lack of noise.

You need to realize that good engineers are not disposable or renewable.
    Stop systematically eradicating upper management from the UK.

Invests in staff, training, great offices, perks and technologies

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer II in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at Citrix Systems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great well maintained, low density seating offices. Laptops and meeting rooms plentiful to help collaboration. Plentiful parking and relaxed attitude to work from home. Regular training and meetings. Technologies and processes constantly updated.

Cons

Technologies moving so fast it can be hard to keep track of direction. A lot of software managers who have meetings relative to engineers.

More engineers and fewer managers and marketing people and communicate long term strategy to smooth over the fast pace of change, we can't develop and test code overnight!

Good place to work but not much in the way of career progression

Current Employee - Senior Software Test Engineer I in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at Citrix Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good quality people and interesting technology

Cons

Engineering environment is very slow moving

Very good & friendly environment

Current Employee - Principal Localisation Specialist in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at Citrix Systems full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

It's a very good atmosphere, you get 23 days holidays (25 after a few years), free soda, free fruit juices, free fruits, coffee and tea/milk. We have a game room. I do not feel like I am going to work per se every day, it's a friendly environment, and I recommend the company! The benefits are good too.

Cons

We do not get shares anymore as we used to in the past. We do not travel as much. I guess money needs to be saved.

I think it would be nice to still give share to high performing employees. Just a thought.

A fun time developing from a graduate to a senior developer

Current Employee - Senior Software Development Engineer in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at Citrix Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture, some great people, good flexible working, some great technologies to work on. The company understands it is the people that make a company succeed.

Cons

Not all departments are as good as others, many have still not adapted agile practices.

Some areas are still using very waterfall style development, and some areas seem to be blindly following process rather than looking at why it is there.

Excellent company and values

Current Employee - Lead Software Testing Engineer in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at Citrix Systems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good balance between work and free time
    Good portfolio of products with innovative technologies
    Clear direction from management

Cons

Promotions sometimes only if you apply internally to other positions

Good, fairly stimulating working environment backed by sense of buoyancy

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at Citrix Systems

Pros

Not posturing too much but pretty focused on solutions
    Emphasis on clean design
    Eats own dog food - great when dog food works

Cons

Seems to be leaking some talent, not sure how serious
    Trajectory forces it into the Microsoft fold to a large extent

Good place with smart people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at Citrix Systems

Pros

Very smart people (even managers ;), nice office with Table Tennis (I think that you should not work in company without Ping-Pong ;). Good balance between work and private time. Very nice attitude for family file.

Cons

Salary could be better. Corp IT is far from perfect. Communication between teams working on different product is not ideal yet (but improving).

Better handle acquisitions.