Citrix Systems

Citrix Systems Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Citrix Systems President, CEO, and Director Mark B. Templeton

Mark B. Templeton

Pros
  • 1-Work life balance is perfect, as you have the ability to work virtually from anywhere(in 127 reviews)

• It's generally easy to work from home for a day or so or take time off(in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is no longer existent (use to be something coveted here)(in 21 reviews)

• Middle management should be trashed , they are ' Yes Men ' who don't stand up for their teams(in 23 reviews)

Great working environment.

ProsOpen work spaces, tri-rail access, free snacks and drinks

ConsTo many groups working on the same thing.

Best large Tech Game in South Florida

Director (Former Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsI spent close to 10 years at Citrix and had an overall good run with several promotions and advancements over the years. Work-life balance and benefits are adequate for the high tech industry. Citrix still enjoys a lot of brand recognition in this industry.

ConsPolitics
    Too much second and third tier talent - even in executive positions
    Personal success is highly dependent on the team and the leadership up to the VP. Some teams are great, some are garbage
    Despite lip service to the contrary, promotions and compensation are NOT based on merit. Politics, cliques, and the numerous acquisitions distort the picture greatly
    Culture and values are formalized and written down, but are often not adhered to. Sadly, there's little consequence for behaving unethically so long as the offender has the right network of friends in the company

Advice to Senior ManagementI am glad that there is now some certainty around the CEO position. Now focus, focus, focus, and get rid of some of the fat and rot and you'll do fine.

Just Another Corporation Now

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompensation is decent, liberal time-off policies, pleasant work environment

ConsValues have changed. They've started shipping jobs to India. 60+ hours a week are regular

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management should regulate the micro-managing of lower management.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Citrix is a Great company

ProsI have learned a lot working at this company

ConsNot understanding how to be successful in my current role

Great Technology, Poor Management, and No corp. sales support.

Sales (Current Employee) Goleta, CA

Pros-New leadership has made some bold changes that should produce long-term benefits (it was long over due)
    -Great people work here and really care for each other
    -Base and benefits are pretty good
    -Company tries it's best to artificially improve company culture

Cons-Work-life balance is no longer existent (use to be something coveted here)
    -Majority of management is out of touch and downright useless
    -Commision is the most volatile I've seen in all my years
    -Large amount of voluntary turn-over

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on your priorities, ensure that you're taking care of your employees to avoid costly turnover. Secondly improve upon the product and provide your team with the tools to be successful. Lastly, get rid of the bloated management that are still pushing the same ineffective processes and not inspiring new talent.

Constant restructuring and unstable atmosphere

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Santa Barbara, CA

ProsGood benefits, work-from-home options, decent salaries. High performers are allowed to self-direct and not be micro-managed.

ConsCulture of fear - "go along to get along". Evolving into a souless organization. Exec management out of touch with their teams, can't tell the slackers from the ones working endless OT to deliver and grow. Much talk about teamwork but in reality people climb over each other and focus more on self-promotion and taking credit than achieving common goals. Status quo rules; difficult to take risk and implement innovative ideas.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk to the people in the trenches to get a true pulse. Get management on board with providing clear direction and connecting with their teams. Employees are humans, not man-hours.

Overall great culture, people, and products.

ProsI've had a lot of opportunity to learn and grow professionally at Citrix. This is due to the great people that are I work with, and the management's willingness to allow me to take on projects that will challenge my abilities.

ConsEach department has their own take on the work life balance, and some of them do not encourage this balance as much as others. There are some business units that can teeter on the edge of over working employees for periods of time that are too long.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be a better communication throughout all departments that there should be a good work life balance. There are silos within Citrix that are not fully on board with the culture that Mark Templeton talks about during all hands meetings.

Vibrant, smart company

ProsCan be on the bleeding edge of technology. Can work remote. Many smart young talent in the organization.

ConsNot the best handling of remote employees. Always last to know and often left out of meetings. If I was located in Ft. Lauderdale, I feel my career opportunities would increase dramatically.
    Constant restructuring with the services organization which is frustrating. Different leadership with ideas on how to improve the organization change regularly, so it's difficult to take seriously.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the constant reorganization. Improve treatment/inclusion of remotely located employees. We're a company that's supposed to be all about visualization, but we can't seem to get it right ourselves!

Great place to work at and be pushed to your limits

ProsOpen minded work environment
    Easily promoted with hard work
    Up and coming
    Exposure to all types of tech

ConsSome employees are lazy and get away with it
    Old timers inefficient ways are tolerated

Advice to Senior ManagementHold employees to higher standards and be willing to get rid of the lazy ones

Enabling thought leadership

ProsPutting as much thought into how to develop the company as the products. Commitment to develop the people, skills and motivation though out the entire organisation not just for the products but for the ideas and innovation and employees.

ConsWorking across the globe has its cons as well as its advantages, this can be challenging at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain clear direction to employees.

Worked for Citrix Systems? Contribute to the Community!