Citrix Systems
www.citrix.com Fort Lauderdale, FL 5000+ Employees

Citrix Systems Reviews

Pros:
  • "It is a great place to manage your work life balance"
    in 116 reviews
  • "Management is always working to make the work environment better"
    in 47 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work life Balance sometimes a challenge based on company culture and commitment to getting job done"
    in 16 reviews
  • "Middle management should be trashed , they are ' Yes Men ' who don't stand up for their teams"
    in 22 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

There is a lot of fluff when mark communicates. We need more substance.

Senior Marketing Manager. (Current Employee)

I have been working at Citrix Systems

ProsI like the way we get to play with cool technologies. Citrix is a great company to work for there are numerous opportunities to grow in different fields.The pace of change for our customers is far exceeding expectations. There are opportunities for those who can seize the advantages of tapping into off shore talent, having granular control over information security, easily integrating acquisitions, quickly implementing reorganizations and smoothly handling workforce disruptions. Businesses without these capabilities will lag behind in an increasingly dynamic world—where the distance between people and applications steadily grows

ConsI really dislike the way upper management reshuffles things and does not offer clear communication to employees.The pace of change for our customers is far exceeding expectations. There are opportunities for those who can seize the advantages of tapping into off shore talent, having granular control over information security, easily integrating acquisitions, quickly implementing reorganizations and smoothly handling workforce disruptions. Businesses without these capabilities will lag behind in an increasingly dynamic world—where the distance between people and applications steadily grows

Advice to Senior Management- Be more open and communicate more with employees.
- The upper management drives the company goals based on marketing goals which I think is a strategic mistake.

Citrix very good, but has lost the "family" feeling...

Senior Software Development Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Citrix Systems

ProsThe People and overall benefits including compensation. Citrix tends to pay their people well, but they've lost site of the personal touch. Still, they are very competitive with their overall compensation and they are TRYING to implement a program of making promotions more objective. Additionally, the people overall are usually very REAL and are by and large, not selfish or self-serving.

ConsThe atmosphere and work environment are not the same anymore. They are more corporate oriented and a bit too management-centric now. Too much expected overtime, not enough recognition when you do, and too many dead-end roles. Need to allow workers to get training to grow more.

Advice to Senior ManagementFewer projects, more promoting from within, more teleworking, maybe 4 day work weeks, and more chances for employees to get training to grow.

Citrix- good products, bad employee motivation to remain loyal.

Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee)
Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Citrix Systems

ProsCompetitve products overall, market share for their flagship product, good supporting products through acquisitions, relationships with large enterprise companies, decent benefits.

ConsVery hard to get a promotion, they do not recognize or respect the largest contributors on the sales side, but rather penalize them for performing with outrageous expectations and quotas. They do not listen to the field often enough on customer requirements, very slow in delivering key product enhancements that would facilitate more sales, and the compensation plan is below average for the Silicon Valley. They believe everyone is replaceable and therefore will let the top talent walk away with the belief that anyone can manage the top producing accounts which is a bad strategy and proven inaccurate with the results from that strategy.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your sales people, move some qualified and experienced sales people into upper management instead of people with consulting backgrounds, and equally distribute the sales quotas amongst every team, not focusing on the teams that produce the most- driving away the good sales/engineering talent.

Citrix, not a perfect place to work, but as close as it gets.

I have been working at Citrix Systems

ProsCitrix maintains a great culture, exemplified by the personal style of its very people-oriented CEO, Mark Templton. The company supports flexible work arrangments (work at home, remote locations, part time, etc.). The rapid growth the company has seen in recent years has created opporltunities for career development and advancement. No longer Florida-centric, Citrix has added divisions based in Santa Barbara, Santa Clara and Bedford, MA and a development center in Bangalore, India. This has led to an ability to recruit talented people at a more rapid pace than in the past.

Consthe appeasement of investor views keeps the company from investment more to achieve large market creation and market share gains.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain strategic direction, don't be afraid to invest heavily in future market opportunities, even if that means sacrificing earnings growth.

Citrix - A good place to work

I have been working at Citrix Systems

ProsInnovative company with many smart employees.

ConsSmall company that wants to be a big company.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust because a company was acquired, does not make its employees the best or brightest.

Citrix is a good place to work for.

Project Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Citrix Systems

ProsI get recognized by my management team for my performance. My area includes a group of respectful individuals that want the company and our team to succeed. The work - life balance that I get is much better than most of the friends that I have at other similar companies.

ConsI feel that as the company has grown over the years that the work environment has changed. It used to be a place where everyone worked well together. Now, there are groups that are not looking out for the greater good of the company. They are more interested in making themselves look good.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall, the senior management is leading the company in a good direction.

Citrix has the right stuff!

Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Citrix Systems

ProsGreat products and visionary CEO.

ConsLow Pay compared to companies with similar technology.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring pay up before we lose great employees.

Citrix is a good place to work!

I have been working at Citrix Systems

ProsThe compensation and benefits are good. Citrix offers a 401k, employee stock purchase plan and generous paid time off. The pay is competitive and there are opportunities for career growth and advancement. The culture is very relaxed - employees can wear jeans any day of the week. In addition, Citrix is very involved in the community and offers plenty of opportunities for its employees to get involved.

ConsI have only been at Citrix for a short-time; therefore, I have not had an opportunity to experience many "downsides" of working at Citrix. However, this is a fast-paced industry and competition is tough. There is pressure to perform. The review process is extensive!

Advice to Senior ManagementNone at this time.

Pretty decent place to work, but like almost anywhere needs improvement.

Development Manager (Current Employee)
Boston, MA

I have been working at Citrix Systems

ProsExposure to many Technologies across the datacenter and the front of the IT house. Good people to work with, salaries are very competetive, pockets of startup type teams/energy. People have the opportunity to take their postitions to the highest level of skill they desire.

ConsAs with many larger companies you get people who are 9-5 ers and it can be a drag on others who have and continue to put in 150% effort. Coming from a smaller company that was aquired by Citrix it can be rough to see new people come in and do the bare minimum.
Projects are often larger in scale then there is time to complete instead of smaller incremental changes that can help control quality. Training for new people is often pushed to the back-burner in favor of tossing new people into the deep end of the pool.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate more often and to a wider audience. Go after the best and brightest. Strive to be a small Google type place to work.
Give more time for developing products, improve project scheduling so it's realistic (build in time for new people/training, etc.)

A good place to work, but clouds on the horizon...

Lead Software Development Engineer II (Current Employee)

I have been working at Citrix Systems

ProsCitrix offers competitive salaries and a good benefits package. Up to this point individual offices have been the standard, but they're filling up fast so this may not last much longer. There is a good work/life balance - the unofficial motto is "work hard, play hard" - and the focus is primarily results-oriented, so micro-managing is generally not a concern. The company is trying to branch out away from it's traditional flagship product in what is now XenApp, so there are some interesting new things coming down the pipeline.

ConsEvery company has these to some extent, but Citrix seems a more conducive environment for them than most. "Coasters" are a big problem, since these people only actually want to appear like they're working. It can result in a lot of "passing the buck" onto someone else's plate and personal responsibility can be hard to come by. Unfortunately, management is not free from these people either.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn recent years it seems that Citrix has drifted away from the fun, exciting spirit that the company grew successful within and has become overburdened with politics, process, and marking-driven engineering. I think we are at a critical point now, where it will either continue to diverge, or (hopefully) senior management will be able to exercise a little foresight and readjust the course.

Worked for Citrix Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citrix Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Citrix Systems CEO Mark B. Templeton. All 56 reviews posted anonymously by Citrix Systems employees.