Citrix Systems

Citrix Systems Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Citrix Systems President, CEO, and Director Mark B. Templeton

Mark B. Templeton

Pros
  • 1-Work life balance is perfect, as you have the ability to work virtually from anywhere(in 127 reviews)

• It's generally easy to work from home for a day or so or take time off(in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is no longer existent (use to be something coveted here)(in 21 reviews)

• Middle management should be trashed , they are ' Yes Men ' who don't stand up for their teams(in 23 reviews)

Simply the best experience I ever had with an employer

Senior Software Engineer II (Former Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsWork/life balance, challenging projects, exciting peers to work with, great benefits, free drinks, high quality inexpensive meals, free training, time to work on personal projects, lots of safety nets and more.

ConsI honestly can't think of anything

software engineer

Software Engineer (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

Prosgood team work and management system

Consnot enough strong market direction

Advice to Senior Managementneed to protect current value on dev.

Lead generation

ProsThe work life balance is for those who are driven. This is a place you can really excel if you work your butt off

ConsThe work life balance again. If you dont manage your time properly you my miss out on sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevote more time to training your employees and listening to their needs.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Innovative and relatively laid back

Sales Executive (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsTier 1 software, great pay, great environment, advancement opportunities

ConsGetting too big to maneuver quickly, some managers are inept

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow your sales reps to work remotely since we promote that when selling our software

On a slow, slow decline... Not the company it once was!

(Current Employee)

ProsIf I was to list out the 'pros' of Citrix, they would be:
    - Work/Life Balance
    - Work from anywhere mantra
    - Interesting work
    - Decent benefits and compensation

End of day, Citrix is a great company to work for but there are definitely growing pains!

ConsThe biggest issues I have with Citrix are:
    - Lack of promotion from within
    - Lack of career opportunity
    - The 'old boys' club prevents any new thinking from happening at Citrix
    - The only opportunity is in Santa Clara and not really anywhere else
    - The 'middle management' makes all the decisions without leveraging the talent below them
    - It is very hard to get fired at Citrix (a pro to some degree)

Citrix is a very political culture and 'who you know' will get you promoted. Promotions do not occur based on merit very often and when they do, they are usually via circumstance or right place, right time. The company is very focused on growing one location (Santa Clara) when they have a lot of talent across the world. The funny thing, the retention rate is an issue in Santa Clara and frankly they would be better served hiring talent who is vested in their other core offices (Raleigh, Fort Lauderdale, Boston (Bedford). The end of the day, Citrix is a great company but they need to start looking at the grunt workers and listen.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to Citrix would be very simple:
    - Offer up career paths that are either management or an alternative (like a technical career path for a PM or Engineer)
    - Listen to the people in the trenches... sometimes the VPs, Architects and Directors do not have all the answers.
    - Listen to your customers.
    - Stop worrying about pay versus title and worry about hiring the right people for the job and based on their experience, their title should be 'Y'.

End of day, Citrix in my opinion is going through growing pains and then need to trim some fat , tone up their core and listen to their gut. There are a lot of talented people in the company and location should not matter.

Good company, but still trying to find their way

Sales (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsGood pay and commission, nice benefits, and we sell great products. PTO is also very good and they encourage you to use it. Citrix is great to have us volunteer our time giving back to the community, and not just charities they pick, but support any of our personal charities, as well.

ConsManagement seems lost at times. They bring in outsiders who don't know our business, and when they promote from within, oftentimes, it is not the person who should be promoted. Citrix is constantly changing their policies and organizational structure, making it seem like they are still grasping at straws trying to figure it out, at times. With new Senior Leadership at Citrix SaaS Division, hopefully they figure it out sooner than later.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit changing the structure of the company every 6-12 months. It's hard to get in a groove if you keep shaking up how we do business and our customers do not like having a new rep every time they turn around.

Great company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat technology bolstered by mostly the right acquisitions. Awesome camaraderie in my region with mix of new folks and lifers mixed throughout the company.

ConsExcessive quota increases slapped on top performing reps will eventually force them to look elsewhere to maintain the level of income they are used to.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to take a pulse of your regional management by spending more time in the actual field with sales, channel and engineering.

Loving every minute I work at Citrix.

Software Test Engineer (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsGreat work/life balance. Always new technology to learn and get your hands on. Challenging workplace with great support from teams.

ConsNot much to say here. Downward communication from management could be more open and transparent, but it's still quite good.

Great Company and people to work!

Senior Software Developer (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsProfessional culture, individual growth plan and employee benefits. Road map to success is communicated to employees.

ConsCompeting priorities and complex processes take longer time to complete the job

A great place to work

Software Engineer (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThere's a great work-life balance here. With the flexibility afforded the software engineers, it's not difficult to stay motivated and productive. They let the talent shine, which I like. Supportive management team that understands how to manage time, which is rare. Pay and benefits are fair, and the company looks to be headed in the right direction.

ConsThe one area where this fast company is slow seems to be promotions. I'm happy in my current position, but I'm not sure about opportunities for growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe decision-makers are fair, but perhaps a little too thorough. It takes a while for changes to occur here. However, the company is doing a lot of things right and I enjoy working here greatly, so there's something to be said for going through a process that works.

Worked for Citrix Systems? Contribute to the Community!