Citrix Systems

Citrix Systems Reviews in Miami-Fort Lauderdale, FL

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Citrix Systems President, CEO, and Director Mark B. Templeton

Mark B. Templeton

Pros
  • 1-Work life balance is perfect, as you have the ability to work virtually from anywhere(in 127 reviews)

• It's generally easy to work from home for a day or so or take time off(in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is no longer existent (use to be something coveted here)(in 21 reviews)

• Middle management should be trashed , they are ' Yes Men ' who don't stand up for their teams(in 23 reviews)

147 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Internship Program

Intern (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsVery relaxed atmosphere, very nurturing of its interns. I feel as though I can get involved in whatever I want, if it interests me. No one really cares when I show up or leave, so long as I am getting my work done.

ConsNot a lot of supervision/oversight. I feel as though I could profit from someone telling me what to do more, rather than going out and finding work, myself.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on innovating in terms of new products and services, rather than expanding the largest possible market share.

Nice place to work

Senior Software Development Engineer (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsVery Nice place to work

ConsCompensation could be much better.

Very Casual yet Professional

BI Analyst (Former Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsLots of people on the team from different backgrounds academically and ethnically. Great environment for people starting their professional career. Room for growth.

ConsSometimes a little slow to change. Lots of layers in decision making. Being a tech company internally it can sometimes feel a bit antiquated. Would imagine the company to be a lot more agile in managing change.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

XenDesktop Escalation Engineer

XenDesktop Escalation Engineer (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsFlexibility, Mobility, Free Snacks, Free Coffee, Competitive pay and Happy Employees!

ConsLong drive for Miami people. Project management also needs to improve.. Contractors that are brought to hire needs to stay for a very long period of time as contractor before they can open the position and offer them to stay permanent. Contractors are treated like second class citizens and many times they are not even invited to corporate events or have access to flexible schedules (Not sharing the culture with Contractors that perform more than regulars, discourage new talent to stay at the company and seek elsewhere).

Advice to Senior ManagementEngage more with your team, you may be busy in meetings but we are also attending the business.

Best large Tech Game in South Florida

Director (Former Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsI spent close to 10 years at Citrix and had an overall good run with several promotions and advancements over the years. Work-life balance and benefits are adequate for the high tech industry. Citrix still enjoys a lot of brand recognition in this industry.

ConsPolitics
    Too much second and third tier talent - even in executive positions
    Personal success is highly dependent on the team and the leadership up to the VP. Some teams are great, some are garbage
    Despite lip service to the contrary, promotions and compensation are NOT based on merit. Politics, cliques, and the numerous acquisitions distort the picture greatly
    Culture and values are formalized and written down, but are often not adhered to. Sadly, there's little consequence for behaving unethically so long as the offender has the right network of friends in the company

Advice to Senior ManagementI am glad that there is now some certainty around the CEO position. Now focus, focus, focus, and get rid of some of the fat and rot and you'll do fine.

Senior Management only wanted to promote the good old boys.

Field Sales Manager (Former Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsThe company vision was solid. There are some bright folks there. The benefits and pay was reasonable. I worked there for 7 years and saw with my own eyes how much the company grew. The company culture is good and I have used the core competencies I developed there in other organizations.

ConsAs I stated before, there are some bright folks there, but the not so bright seem to get the promotions because of who they know, not merit. They would oftentimes take credit for other's hard work as their own.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart promoting based on merit, not because this person can drink or likes your favorite football team, or perhaps belong to the same country club and loves to golf. Relationships are important, but so is logical reasoning, forward thinking and drive for personal success along with the success of an organization.

One of the best employers in South Florida

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsExcellent work environment, opportunities for advancement, great co-workers, flexible dress code, ability to work remote, great benefits package. And yes, lots of free coffee, tea, sodas and snacks.

ConsCitrix is a big company, and like all big companies it takes a while to learn your way around. It can be frustrating trying to get things done, especially before you figure out who's who.

Worst Place I Have Ever Worked

Territory Manager (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsThere are free snacks and sodas. You can get free designer sunglasses every year with your free vision insurance.

ConsSales department is known to be dysfunctional. Be prepared for bullying, gossip, jealousies and passive-aggressive comments. Senior Management is young and immature and all hired from within, so their idea of "corporate" is perverse. I witnessed major revenue-affecting mistakes being made and covered up by management. I witnessed management verbally threaten to ruin young executives' careers. I witnessed management stretching the truth and omitting facts to get people fired. Feedback is vague and opinion-based, so if they don't like you there is no way to improve. There are no skip-level meetings or 360 reviews. The leadership team discusses your salary as a group. The sales teams are losing market share on core products, so quotas and pressures are high while commission is low. Low morale. Promises of career path are not for everyone. If you know someone in the company who will look out for you, go for it. Every decision is made by politics. Otherwise, be prepared. I wouldn't quit your Fortune 10 and move to a new state to work here.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is probably no way to fix the culture of your management team that believes perception is reality. Good luck conjuring the future vision of your company and your $5B revenue goal.

Great technology, good place to work, but…

Territory Manager (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsOverall good culture, team members go out of their way to help a newbie out and get the lay of the land. Managers try to keep a high energy on the sales floor, as well as plan events and outings every so often for team building.

Great benefit packages, employee stock purchase plan, 401k, etc.

ConsHQ is very political. How well you get along with management is influential in your ability to gain access to additional training/growth opportunities.
    Although the technology is great, the inside sales team rarely has the opportunity to take advantage of the work-life balance that Citrix genuinely sells to customers through the solutions.

Awesome place

Director (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsWork Life Balance, Great Work Environment, Cutting Edge Technology

ConsYou work with very motivated persons and so be ready for a challenging environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate vision to folks regularly.

Worked for Citrix Systems? Contribute to the Community!