Citrix Systems

Citrix Systems Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Citrix Systems President, CEO, and Director Mark B. Templeton

Mark B. Templeton

Pros
  • 1-Work life balance is perfect, as you have the ability to work virtually from anywhere(in 128 reviews)

• Polite work environment - top leadership (CEO MarkT is leaving) enspouses humility and respect(in 55 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is no longer existent (use to be something coveted here)(in 21 reviews)

• Middle management should be trashed , they are ' Yes Men ' who don't stand up for their teams(in 23 reviews)

Citrix - Raleigh

Success Manager (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsExcellent culture. Fosters professional growth, if you are willing to work hard for it. The flexibility of working remote is great. Paid Time Off. Our new building in Raleigh is state of the art. Unlimited free snacks and drinks. You are seen as a professional, able to make your own schedule, and the manage your workload without micro management.

ConsTraining can be unorganized for such a large organization. Recently there have been a lot of reorgs within the company, but this has all proven to be for the better for employees and clients.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease budget for compensation to maintain, and attract, talent top talent

Great Internship Program

Intern (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsVery relaxed atmosphere, very nurturing of its interns. I feel as though I can get involved in whatever I want, if it interests me. No one really cares when I show up or leave, so long as I am getting my work done.

ConsNot a lot of supervision/oversight. I feel as though I could profit from someone telling me what to do more, rather than going out and finding work, myself.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on innovating in terms of new products and services, rather than expanding the largest possible market share.

Great people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCitrix has smart, dedicated, and talented people. The products are also great. I worked at Citrix for over 10 years and I learned a lot and worked on some fantastic product launches.

ConsJob security. Can move slow at times.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work

ProsWork life balance is very good

ConsGreat people to work with. Option to work from home several days per week.

Valuable sales experience.

Sales (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsThe people are awesome, high performers can move up the ladder quickly.

ConsWork life balance is tough

Very Casual yet Professional

BI Analyst (Former Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsLots of people on the team from different backgrounds academically and ethnically. Great environment for people starting their professional career. Room for growth.

ConsSometimes a little slow to change. Lots of layers in decision making. Being a tech company internally it can sometimes feel a bit antiquated. Would imagine the company to be a lot more agile in managing change.

Nice place to work

Senior Software Development Engineer (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsVery Nice place to work

ConsCompensation could be much better.

Know your path and make connections

ProsGreat leadership and direction; great benefits; great people to work with; family friendly organization.

ConsSome nepotism blocks deserving advancement for employees that have invested time.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to review resumes and skills of their employees to guide them in the right direction to the benefit of the team. Management should have small or one on one meetings with underlings, not just their direct staff. ( quarterly conversations)

XenDesktop Escalation Engineer

XenDesktop Escalation Engineer (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsFlexibility, Mobility, Free Snacks, Free Coffee, Competitive pay and Happy Employees!

ConsLong drive for Miami people. Project management also needs to improve.. Contractors that are brought to hire needs to stay for a very long period of time as contractor before they can open the position and offer them to stay permanent. Contractors are treated like second class citizens and many times they are not even invited to corporate events or have access to flexible schedules (Not sharing the culture with Contractors that perform more than regulars, discourage new talent to stay at the company and seek elsewhere).

Advice to Senior ManagementEngage more with your team, you may be busy in meetings but we are also attending the business.

Great place to grow

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros-flexibility is great - I loved working from home 3 days each week
    -keeps up to date with trends - I learned a lot as the industry changed
    -excellent compensation and benefits

Cons-you have to be comfortable with change
    -lots of layers of approvals can make it tough to get things done quickly

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate annual goals earlier - like the fall before.

Worked for Citrix Systems? Contribute to the Community!