Citrix Systems

Updated February 27, 2015
3.7

Citrix Systems President, CEO, and Director Mark B. Templeton
Mark B. Templeton

Pros
  • The ability to work from home really helped gain a better work/life balance (in 149 reviews)

• It's generally easy to work from home for a day or so or take time off (in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is no longer existent (use to be something coveted here) (in 27 reviews)

• The 'middle management' makes all the decisions without leveraging the talent below them (in 29 reviews)

More Highlights

One of very good companies to work for.

I have been working at Citrix Systems

Pros

Best company with Work LIfe balance.
    Compensation on par with most companies in the industry.
    Encourages innovation.
    Food and facilities are top notch.

Cons

Tend to get repetitive work after a couple of years.

Nice place to work.

Current Employee - Facilities in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Facilities in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Citrix Systems

Pros

Friendly knowledgeable coworkers who are willing to help.

Cons

No free protein food, all carbohydrates.

Turkey jerky would be nice of protein.

Awesome

I have been working at Citrix Systems

Pros

It probably is the best place to work in India. With so much technical people, with so much respect and humility...difficult to find else where.

Cons

Umm...Layoffs that have happened just now. apart form it, I cant think of any.

Keep up the good job.

Refreshing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Citrix Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Citrix really cares about it's team members - they are very good at fostering a large "family" organizational atmosphere. It is one of the best companies I have ever worked for from this perspective. Excellent work life balance.

Cons

They have just had a reorganization resulting in hundreds of layoffs. From a overall organizational perspective they handled it VERY well. Better than any organization I have worked with in the past. From my understanding, severance offers were considered more than fair by recipients, especially compared to similar organizations. The organization as a whole was very transparent in this process. The resulting staff reduction process was openly discussed and communicated by CEO. However, I was disappointed to see a bit of "non Citrix-like" maneuvering on the part of a executive team member(s). Given Citrix overall culture, I expected better.

Please continue current/previous policies in how staff are treated, perks, benefits, and opportunities for growth etc. Know that that they are all appreciated - sadly sometimes, taken for granted, but appreciated nonetheless. Know that you have helped make Citrix a wonderful work environment. Please continue in that regard.

If at all possible, discourage actions by executive team member(s) that can be interpreted as self preservation with little to no regard to colleagues and team, especially in a time of transition. Intentional or not, it is perceived as such by broader organization. Although it clearly reflects more poorly on the individual(s) and their twisting of Citrix culture/values than to the organiztion, it's still a source of negativity in an environment mostly free from it .

Best Company to work

I have been working at Citrix Systems

Pros

Best Company to work, work anywhere

Cons

Nothing that I know of in the last 2 yrs

Great Place to Work!

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Citrix Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Technology - You get to work various technology stacks.
    Culture - Very friendly and chilled out!
    Perks - Bangalore office has cabs, food, drinks and snacks. Kind of cool. I even used to do the breakfast at office

Cons

Compensation - It is not too much, just enough.
    Growth depends on the team you are in.

Working as a summer intern the experience was extremely helpful in learning sales training and cold calling.

Former Intern - Associate Sales () in Raleigh, NC
    Former Intern - Associate Sales () in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Citrix Systems as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere was very relaxed but when the time came everyone knew they needed to get down to business. Games around the office including ping-ping, pool, xbox, corn hole, etc. kept the mood very light and productive at the same time.

Cons

During the time I was there the company was transitioning to another building which made the place I worked out of a little cramped and they moved the interns around to make sure everyone had desks.

Everyone was super approachable from the lowest managers all the way up the chain. I enjoyed working with them and mostly all of the managers treated the interns with respect with one manager in particular who did not and who would whistle and snap and clap at interns as if we were pets, which I found to be unprofessional and demeaning of course.

Best company to work with

Current Employee - Tech Support Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Tech Support Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Citrix Systems

Pros

Very good company and very friendli environment

Cons

No cons..as the company gives every facilities and exposure

Management is good but need to diversify more career opportunities

Great company to work for

I have been working at Citrix Systems

Pros

great work, good work life balance
    good technologies, and amazing people
    work is good, and the health benefits are awesome. florida has a very good weather which is a plus.

Cons

perks and even though salary is competitve, still believe they could do more.
    the organization needs to be more flat as there are a lot of hierarchies. the work needs to be done faster and efficiently more.

Technical Lead Support Engineer

Current Employee - Technical Lead in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Technical Lead in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Citrix Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Citrix allows someone to learn the way that best suits them via self paced training and mentorship. Team members are strongly motivated to help new hires become productive and knowledgeable members of the team. Great employer contribution to healthcare plan, salary and PTO structure. Managers place your career path goals above selfish desires to keep a valuable employee in a given position and are anxious to assist you in achieving those goals. Also, love the voluntary weekend work.

Cons

More and more emphasis (and layers of work) has been placed on engineers in the documentation process of cases. Though this is intended to provide valuable data for tracking recurring issues, it places an extra burden on the technical support engineer who already has a notoriously stressful job to begin with. I fear we are losing the culture that made Citrix the unique company it was and trading it for "industry standard" practices.

Bring back the live classroom training and combine it with self paced learning for new hires.