Citrix Systems

Citrix Systems Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Citrix Systems President, CEO, and Director Mark B. Templeton

Mark B. Templeton

Pros:
  • "1-Work life balance is perfect, as you have the ability to work virtually from anywhere"
    in 122 reviews
  • "Polite work environment - top leadership (CEO MarkT is leaving) enspouses humility and respect"
    in 50 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work life Balance sometimes a challenge based on company culture and commitment to getting job done"
    in 17 reviews
  • "Middle management should be trashed , they are ' Yes Men ' who don't stand up for their teams"
    in 23 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Worst Place I Have Ever Worked

Territory Manager (Current Employee)
    Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsThere are free snacks and sodas. You can get free designer sunglasses every year with your free vision insurance.

ConsSales department is known to be dysfunctional. Be prepared for bullying, gossip, jealousies and passive-aggressive comments. Senior Management is young and immature and all hired from within, so their idea of "corporate" is perverse. I witnessed major revenue-affecting mistakes being made and covered up by management. I witnessed management verbally threaten to ruin young executives' careers. I witnessed management stretching the truth and omitting facts to get people fired. Feedback is vague and opinion-based, so if they don't like you there is no way to improve. There are no skip-level meetings or 360 reviews. The leadership team discusses your salary as a group. The sales teams are losing market share on core products, so quotas and pressures are high while commission is low. Low morale. Promises of career path are not for everyone. If you know someone in the company who will look out for you, go for it. Every decision is made by politics. Otherwise, be prepared. I wouldn't quit your Fortune 10 and move to a new state to work here.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is probably no way to fix the culture of your management team that believes perception is reality. Good luck conjuring the future vision of your company and your $5B revenue goal.

Horrible sr management

ProsWorker bees are very talented. Forward thinking. Advanced in technology space only. Laid back environment, nice facilities and nice cafe.

ConsSr directors are only there because if who they know. No substance. They are very intimidated by others more qualified than them and as such they squeeze them out or fire them. Citrix is losing quality employees because of this!! Shameful!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not let your good employees leave. Do not listen to your Sr directors!!! They are full of it!!!

How many complaints does it take for management to shape up?

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible working hours. Good benefits. Nice office spaces. Smart colleagues. If you are connected with the right people the opportunities are endless.

ConsEmployees are literally turning on each other in fear of losing their jobs. People are afraid to speak up about the toxic dynamics in some groups. The performance review process is questionable. Management silences other employees to voice their concerns with HR. I have advised several talented professionals to stay away from applying for jobs within my team due to the horrible treatment that I have experienced (as well as seeing other colleagues being treated equally poorly).

Advice to Senior ManagementThink about the impact that you are having on the professional and personal lives of your employees.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Waste of time

Support Sales (Current Employee)
    Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

ProsBreakfast, table tennis, working from home.

ConsNo management at ALL, the current managers working in Citrix Dublin office are the worst I have seen since a while. They will NEVER support the team or stand-up for them but instead follow everything the management in the U.S is telling them to do.
    The tasks I was supposed to do, the position I was hired for are nothing with the reality of my daily basis. The team transform into a Tele-Sales team

Advice to Senior ManagementChange jobs, it is clear that it doesn't work for you as you have your unhappy face every day, moody. Why staying in a company when you could be somewhere else with a fresh start.

Good company to work for unless your are not a contractor.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBring your own device process, good technology investing on trending technologies

ConsCompany culture changes from country to country. Need to review the contractor workforce rights.

Advice to Senior ManagementToo much contractor workforce. There are some employees who have been working for 2.5 years as contractor.

Buyer Beware

Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsOnsite benefits and perks are better than most large companies in South Florida.

ConsThe culture has declined significantly in recent years. The best people are overworked, burned out and ready to leave. The company rewards mediocre performance and values politics over results.

Train reck in slow motion

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Santa Barbara, CA

Pros- Great people.
    - Excellent benefits.
    - Onsite gym, lots of soda, snacks, bagels and fruit.

ConsNew SaaS GM trying to turn things around, everyone is on pins and needles seeing who gets laid off next.

Advice to Senior Management- Put a strategy in place that can make money.
    - Don't put people in charge who have too little experience.
    - Stop trying to act like web conferencing is the end all be mission critical service.

Do good work, invest your heart in the company, get laid off

Santa Barbara, CA

ProsThey talk a lot about how great they are.

ConsCitrix is known for laying off a good share off its best employees every four year or so. "Flattening," "streamlining" are the words they like to use, as they cut costs (those with bigger salaries) and export jobs to India

Advice to Senior ManagementCEO Templeton gloats over his moral values as he pulls in $10 million and lays off workers left and right

good company, poor execution in the geographies

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat vision and great products.

ConsPoor country and geo leadership.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to what happens in the geos, not only numbers.

Not fun any longer

Technical Marketing Manager (Current Employee)
    San Jose, CA

ProsGood work/life balance, ok benefits, good salary, good location, nice products. Used to be a fun, humble, hard working place.

ConsNot fun anymore, they're hiring a bunch of Cisco people ... they are spreading the Cisco disease (why don't those people every smile?), non-technical people in management.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are promoting people to director, VP levels who are just "working" their managers. Too many VP's who don't know what they are doing. ex: I've seen VP's in Marketing who have never run a campaign. Campaign, what is that? The recent CMO hire is a joke. Once you are in, forget about being promoted, you literally have to beat your manager over the head to even consider it. Raises are too low, only 2%-3% a year, not even keeping up with inflation, which is probably why alot of people leave Citrix.

Worked for Citrix Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citrix Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Citrix Systems CEO Mark B. Templeton. All 698 reviews posted anonymously by Citrix Systems employees.