Citrix Systems

Citrix Systems Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

Citrix Systems President, CEO, and Director Mark B. Templeton

Mark B. Templeton

Pros
  • 1-Work life balance is perfect, as you have the ability to work virtually from anywhere (in 128 reviews)

• Polite work environment - top leadership (CEO MarkT is leaving) enspouses humility and respect (in 55 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is no longer existent (use to be something coveted here) (in 21 reviews)

• Middle management should be trashed , they are ' Yes Men ' who don't stand up for their teams (in 23 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Work Life Balance

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsDescent Salary,Perks,Environment,Work Life,People,Time-offs
    Good people Good Life

Consbit of politics
    Rest is depending upon teams

Great place to work, interesting challenges

ProsBuild world changing infrastructure. On the new innovation side, an opportunity to change the way our computing world is constructed, on the traditional products, helping IT transition from on prem to a hybrid world.

ConsSometimes slow to adjust to market realities. New product leadership is very promising however.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to seek the technology vision.

tech support

ProsFlexible hours, free snack and nice office.

ConsNo real promotion, people are stuck in same position

Advice to Senior Managementencourage education

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It is a good place to work. It is flexible

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsNot very hard and the time is flexible.

ConsLots of issues to deal with everyday.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe salary could be better to attract people

Good place to work at with opportunities to expand your porffolio

Product Designer (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsVery tech savvy, get to work with a lot smart people.

ConsThe work betweens the teams are not transparent.

Management?? Please trash them !!

Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsExposure to the new technologies.

ConsThe management sucks here!! The workstyle has changed drastically. It is no more "fun while working at Citrix".
    The productivity is now measured or basis of the stats. One de-sat and you will be interrogated intensely. This has made engineers to beg for c-sats. Earlier the engineers's qaulity work was enough to convince the customer to provide a positive feedback.
    Learning has come to minimal and the tight schedule adherence is the prime aim.
    The employee retention is very minimal. Many engineers had left which were extremely reliable resource and a boon to the company. I don't know if this is being ignored or if they think they can get the resource immediatley. B.S !!!!
    Even the growth here is very slow. For a postion people are hired from outside, though there are capable candidates for the same position which is disgusting.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand what an employee wants. An employee works more when his work is recognised and is paid what he deserves.
    Employee retention means something. Work for you company not for yourself !!

Plenty of opportunity

Manager (Former Employee) Santa Barbara, CA

ProsThe ability to work from home really helped gain a better work/life balance. I was able to move around the company between departments and grow my career. There were plenty of development challenges that allowed me to expand my capabilities, you just have to put yourself out there. The benefits were great.

ConsThe leadership was volatile at times. They often stated that failure was an important part of innovation but would not actually allow someone to try something, fail, and learn. The leadership prides itself on not being too "prescriptive" but when a manager does not trust his employees to make good decisions that philosophy is thrown out the window. Undermining projects and coming "over the top" often ultimately led to my departure.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend the time to develop your team. Set direction with clear expectations. Allow your team to flourish and become innovative. Celebrate successes openly.

Company offering a lot to his employees

Director (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsGreat benefits and overall good company environment/culture

ConsWork life balance can be a challenge

Stagnant products but good people

Marketing Manager (Former Employee)

ProsDespite recent reductions, still some very good people remaining in the SaaS Division. Decent work/life balance. SaaS Division GM is smart and trying to change stagnant culture.

ConsGoTo products are tired and outdated due to poor planning and execution from prior leadership and lack of engineering resources. Sales teams are losing people and there isn't a coherent strategy for the division. Way too much turmoil and stress.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the rank-and-file people and make technical hiring the #1 priority.

Product Designer

Proscreative, strong UX leadership, friendly

Consmediocre engineering team, so so implemtations

Worked for Citrix Systems? Contribute to the Community!