Citrix Systems

Citrix Systems Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Citrix Systems President, CEO, and Director Mark B. Templeton

Mark B. Templeton

Pros
  • 1-Work life balance is perfect, as you have the ability to work virtually from anywhere(in 127 reviews)

• It's generally easy to work from home for a day or so or take time off(in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is no longer existent (use to be something coveted here)(in 21 reviews)

• Middle management should be trashed , they are ' Yes Men ' who don't stand up for their teams(in 23 reviews)

Product Designer

Proscreative, strong UX leadership, friendly

Consmediocre engineering team, so so implemtations

Citrix - Raleigh

Success Manager (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsExcellent culture. Fosters professional growth, if you are willing to work hard for it. The flexibility of working remote is great. Paid Time Off. Our new building in Raleigh is state of the art. Unlimited free snacks and drinks. You are seen as a professional, able to make your own schedule, and the manage your workload without micro management.

ConsTraining can be unorganized for such a large organization. Recently there have been a lot of reorgs within the company, but this has all proven to be for the better for employees and clients.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease budget for compensation to maintain, and attract, talent top talent

Good company

ProsCEO is very approachable
    Open plan working environment, friendly and talented colleagues.
    Flexible working hours
    Opportunity to learn new technology

ConsInteresting projects are in the States, difficult to be recognised if you are based elsewhere
    Too many organisation changes
    Business decisions are made late and often changes in the last minute

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at the bigger picture

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good culture and benefits, difficult moving into senior roles or cross-department

Employee (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsGood culture and benefits. They do hire the best people, even in support roles like HR, so everyone knows the job well.
    Learned a lot from my time here.
    Looks good on resume.

ConsBecoming more bureaucratic and slow in recent years.
    Quite silo'd organisation in R&D (Development).
    No talent management program, though lots of appraisal process. A few too many layers of management now, and standard of line management varies. They try to give you ownership of career development which is ok, but with little support to do so. Managers have vested interest in keeping you in role.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at the talent you have and develop it - don't rely on the line management to be giving good data.

Disastrous

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFree breakfast and lovely people on the team.

ConsYou receive ridiculous targets 2 weeks before qtr end. This has been going on for a year and a half. Empty promises every quarter. Zero commission. Zero chance to achieve targets when you don't even know what your accounts are. If you want to earn money do not work here. The job advertised and that you will be interviewed for is not the actual job. Recruitment don't care they just want bums in seats. You have to be in before 8.30am - no exceptions and make 60 calls in 2 hours in the morning. You also must do a minimum of 2 hours talk time. If you do not do this and even exceed your ridiculous target it's not guaranteed you will get paid your full bonus regardless of what you sell. Despite the lovely people the atmosphere is horrible as everyone is depressed. All the good people are leaving. Once that happens the information gap will be huge and nobody will know how anything works. Ps there is very little introductory training. There's your laptop, there's your phone. Sit there for almost 3 months twiddling your thumbs- 2 weeks to go 'Btw here's your target and accounts'!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a grip and take the necessary steps internally above the person that is creating the issues.

Just Another Corporation Now

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompensation is decent, liberal time-off policies, pleasant work environment

ConsValues have changed. They've started shipping jobs to India. 60+ hours a week are regular

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management should regulate the micro-managing of lower management.

Best large Tech Game in South Florida

Director (Former Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsI spent close to 10 years at Citrix and had an overall good run with several promotions and advancements over the years. Work-life balance and benefits are adequate for the high tech industry. Citrix still enjoys a lot of brand recognition in this industry.

ConsPolitics
    Too much second and third tier talent - even in executive positions
    Personal success is highly dependent on the team and the leadership up to the VP. Some teams are great, some are garbage
    Despite lip service to the contrary, promotions and compensation are NOT based on merit. Politics, cliques, and the numerous acquisitions distort the picture greatly
    Culture and values are formalized and written down, but are often not adhered to. Sadly, there's little consequence for behaving unethically so long as the offender has the right network of friends in the company

Advice to Senior ManagementI am glad that there is now some certainty around the CEO position. Now focus, focus, focus, and get rid of some of the fat and rot and you'll do fine.

Do not waste your time.

Sales Specialist Tech Support (Former Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Prosthere used to be lots of pros. There used to be good ideas and good atmosphere. There used to be good benefits. There used to be good work-life balance. You used to be able to work from everywhere which is the company's policy and philosophy. You used to come to work happy in the morning.
    All of that is long gone, the only pro left is free breakfast.

ConsFirst - Do not trust the hiring manager - whoever it is. They will tell you this is an acc. manager role and that there is space to grow inside the team and there is a big opportunity to make money but all this is right now is a telesales job.
    Management had no consideration nor respect for the team members who were hired to do a completely different job, shifting from an account managing role to a telesales focus and demanding 60 calls a day to sell support contracts, you need to log on and off on your phones when you go to toilet or any other break. Not only this is perceived as a demotion as it sounds as well like constructive dismissal. Also over here it's "their way or the high way". No help at all from anyone from management, including HR, they are just as bad, it's like talking to a wall.
    Right now, the atmosphere here is awfully bad, there's a lot of pressure and tension and there's a lot of unhappy people. Management only helps themselves and are very, very poor actually, some of the worst I've seen in my professional career.
    At Citrix you are penalized for working here a while. Do not join this team if you want to be happy.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are awful!! You don't know how to keep your best people and you don't know how to value your employees. I am so disappointed on how things turned out here.

Keeping your employees motivated only gives you better results, it's a fact. Upset people and they will not work as hard and eventually everyone will leave and the knowledge will be gone but maybe that's what you are aiming at.

Great Internship Program

Intern (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsVery relaxed atmosphere, very nurturing of its interns. I feel as though I can get involved in whatever I want, if it interests me. No one really cares when I show up or leave, so long as I am getting my work done.

ConsNot a lot of supervision/oversight. I feel as though I could profit from someone telling me what to do more, rather than going out and finding work, myself.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on innovating in terms of new products and services, rather than expanding the largest possible market share.

Valuable sales experience.

Sales (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsThe people are awesome, high performers can move up the ladder quickly.

ConsWork life balance is tough

Worked for Citrix Systems? Contribute to the Community!