Citrix Systems

Citrix Systems Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Citrix Systems President, CEO, and Director Mark B. Templeton

Mark B. Templeton

Pros:
  • "Lots of flexibility in terms of work life balance"
    in 102 reviews
  • "Management is always working to make the work environment better"
    in 44 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work life Balance sometimes a challenge based on company culture and commitment to getting job done"
    in 14 reviews
  • "Horrible middle management, too much politics, company cares nothing about loyalty to employees"
    in 20 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great technology, good place to work, but…

Territory Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Citrix Systems full-time

ProsOverall good culture, team members go out of their way to help a newbie out and get the lay of the land. Managers try to keep a high energy on the sales floor, as well as plan events and outings every so often for team building.

Great benefit packages, employee stock purchase plan, 401k, etc.

ConsHQ is very political. How well you get along with management is influential in your ability to gain access to additional training/growth opportunities.
Although the technology is great, the inside sales team rarely has the opportunity to take advantage of the work-life balance that Citrix genuinely sells to customers through the solutions.

Once a good company but now more run by fear

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Citrix Systems

ProsThe benefits are very good including 401k, PTO and Health insurance. The break room is well stocked with snacks and coffee.

ConsPeople scared to contribute, They are worried about losing their job. Employees are worried about being berated in front of colleagues, Question about leadership. Telecommuting is now frowned upon despite the "ability to work from anywhere" mantra.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember the employee. Remember work-life balance.

Amazing Company...hope they stay that way

Sales & Marketing (Former Employee)
Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Citrix Systems full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat vision, high integrity, amazing people. CEO is awesome, but is retiring.

ConsLots of leadership turnover lately. Will they still be the same company in the future? I worry that some of the new execs are not as strong. I am also concerned about changing CEOs. Mark is amazing, but they need a new CEO who is willing to be bold.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe bold. The industry is changing rapidly, and you won't remain relevant without making big moves. Don't be afraid to take risks.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nice place to work with, nice people and working environment

Systems Engineer (Former Employee)
Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Citrix Systems full-time for more than a year

ProsYou have to freedom of work with your schedule

ConsThe challenge is working in the edge of the technolog and come up with you solution quick.

Excellent company to work for

Tech Support Engineer (Current Employee)
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Citrix Systems full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat culture, nice work environment, nice people. Pool, xbox, ping pong. Free snacks, great benefits, free breakfast Fridays

ConsVery intense work, managers are always watching no matter how good you are

Sales

Channel Networking Sales Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Citrix Systems full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat vision and culture. Great advancement opportunities if you are willing to relocate.

ConsNot every territory lives the culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementAvoid micromanaging and unnecessary over reporting to multiple stakeholders individually

Citrix India company review

Software Test Engineer (Current Employee)
Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Citrix Systems full-time for more than a year

Proswide range of products to work on cutting edge technology
competitive compensation
good work life balance

Conshigher management
changing work culture

Federal Sales Management team is sketchy, Good Old Boy Sales Management Corporate team

Sales (Former Employee)
Bethesda, MD

I worked at Citrix Systems full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCitrix CEO is enthusiastic and is always challenging the market and company with new ideas. Strong marketing efforts, good engineering support, proven channel though over-saturated.

ConsSales leadership overall and Federal Sales Management team is self serving, not team success focused. Instead of rewarding successful sales achievement, the manager's seek to not pay out commissions. Of course, that creates turnover in the sales force, retraining and the cycle begins again, just as soon as the sales person is successful, Citrix sales management benefits from their sales but doesn't want to pay the sales person. There have been numerous lawsuits, especially from the former federal sales team, yet the management stays in place and is rewarded. Sad for those sales people who bought into it, worked extremely hard to achieve sales, then have to fight all over again to get just to get paid what they were promised from the outset.

Advice to Senior ManagementTime to shake up the GOOD OLD BOY management team! Check on Federal Sales Management's activities and ethics. Pay your sales team what you promise upfront and stop using "at management's discretion" after the sales cycle has been completed successfully to not pay commissions. Yes, apparently sales people are replaceable and you have probably calculated that it costs you less to recruit and retrain new people and fend off lawsuits but really, it that what you want the company to be known for? [hint, if this is mainly a pattern in the Washington DC area, that might provide a clue about their ethics and tactics]

Been really good to me

Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Citrix Systems full-time for more than 5 years

ProsI started as an inside sales rep and moved up through outside sales into management. The company has been very good to me and I have learned a TON! Truly the best company that I have worked for.
Great pay (if you get to 100% of plan)
Great work-life balance
Great development

ConsGoing through transition right now with new EVP of SaaS division so there is some uncertainty
Quota goal is difficult to attain for some
Some products, although very good, are a little dated

Advice to Senior ManagementStay the course that you are on with the changes in place
Allow for more remote workers in sales

Good company to work for unless your are not a contractor.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Citrix Systems

ProsBring your own device process, good technology investing on trending technologies

ConsCompany culture changes from country to country. Need to review the contractor workforce rights.

Advice to Senior ManagementToo much contractor workforce. There are some employees who have been working for 2.5 years as contractor.

Worked for Citrix Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Citrix Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Citrix Systems CEO Mark B. Templeton. All 624 reviews posted anonymously by Citrix Systems employees.