Citrix Systems Reviews

3.7

Citrix Systems President, CEO, and Director Mark B. Templeton
Mark B. Templeton

Pros
  • 1-Work life balance is perfect, as you have the ability to work virtually from anywhere (in 128 reviews)

• Polite work environment - top leadership (CEO MarkT is leaving) enspouses humility and respect (in 55 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is no longer existent (use to be something coveted here) (in 21 reviews)

• Middle management should be trashed , they are ' Yes Men ' who don't stand up for their teams (in 23 reviews)

More Highlights

Overall good but not much new and exciting

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Citrix Systems

Pros

Overall Citrix is a pretty good place to work. Most of the engineering staff gets individual offices which is pretty awesome. Overall the company is very stable as compared to some other firms. Lot of really smart developers in engineering dept. Overall an employee feels proud of the company and would recommend the company to friends etc.

Cons

There is not much new, exciting stuff to work on. Future doesn't seem very exciting.
    Citrix has made some interesting acquisitions recently which is changing that a little bit but still not a lot of interesting stuff in Fort Lauderdale.
    Stock price never seems to reflect how well the company is doing.

Create more opportunities for employee growth.

There is a lot of fluff when mark communicates. We need more substance.

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager.  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager. in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Citrix Systems

Pros

I like the way we get to play with cool technologies. Citrix is a great company to work for there are numerous opportunities to grow in different fields.The pace of change for our customers is far exceeding expectations. There are opportunities for those who can seize the advantages of tapping into off shore talent, having granular control over information security, easily integrating acquisitions, quickly implementing reorganizations and smoothly handling workforce disruptions. Businesses without these capabilities will lag behind in an increasingly dynamic world—where the distance between people and applications steadily grows

Cons

I really dislike the way upper management reshuffles things and does not offer clear communication to employees.The pace of change for our customers is far exceeding expectations. There are opportunities for those who can seize the advantages of tapping into off shore talent, having granular control over information security, easily integrating acquisitions, quickly implementing reorganizations and smoothly handling workforce disruptions. Businesses without these capabilities will lag behind in an increasingly dynamic world—where the distance between people and applications steadily grows

- Be more open and communicate more with employees.
    - The upper management drives the company goals based on marketing goals which I think is a strategic mistake.

Citrix is a good place to work for.

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Citrix Systems

Pros

I get recognized by my management team for my performance. My area includes a group of respectful individuals that want the company and our team to succeed. The work - life balance that I get is much better than most of the friends that I have at other similar companies.

Cons

I feel that as the company has grown over the years that the work environment has changed. It used to be a place where everyone worked well together. Now, there are groups that are not looking out for the greater good of the company. They are more interested in making themselves look good.

Overall, the senior management is leading the company in a good direction.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Citrix, not a perfect place to work, but as close as it gets.

I have been working at Citrix Systems

Pros

Citrix maintains a great culture, exemplified by the personal style of its very people-oriented CEO, Mark Templton. The company supports flexible work arrangments (work at home, remote locations, part time, etc.). The rapid growth the company has seen in recent years has created opporltunities for career development and advancement. No longer Florida-centric, Citrix has added divisions based in Santa Barbara, Santa Clara and Bedford, MA and a development center in Bangalore, India. This has led to an ability to recruit talented people at a more rapid pace than in the past.

Cons

the appeasement of investor views keeps the company from investment more to achieve large market creation and market share gains.

Maintain strategic direction, don't be afraid to invest heavily in future market opportunities, even if that means sacrificing earnings growth.

Citrix - A good place to work

I have been working at Citrix Systems

Pros

Innovative company with many smart employees.

Cons

Small company that wants to be a big company.

Just because a company was acquired, does not make its employees the best or brightest.

Citrix has the right stuff!

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Citrix Systems

Pros

Great products and visionary CEO.

Cons

Low Pay compared to companies with similar technology.

Bring pay up before we lose great employees.

Citrix is a good place to work!

I have been working at Citrix Systems

Pros

The compensation and benefits are good. Citrix offers a 401k, employee stock purchase plan and generous paid time off. The pay is competitive and there are opportunities for career growth and advancement. The culture is very relaxed - employees can wear jeans any day of the week. In addition, Citrix is very involved in the community and offers plenty of opportunities for its employees to get involved.

Cons

I have only been at Citrix for a short-time; therefore, I have not had an opportunity to experience many "downsides" of working at Citrix. However, this is a fast-paced industry and competition is tough. There is pressure to perform. The review process is extensive!

None at this time.

Pretty decent place to work, but like almost anywhere needs improvement.

Current Employee - Development Manager  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Development Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Citrix Systems

Pros

Exposure to many Technologies across the datacenter and the front of the IT house. Good people to work with, salaries are very competetive, pockets of startup type teams/energy. People have the opportunity to take their postitions to the highest level of skill they desire.

Cons

As with many larger companies you get people who are 9-5 ers and it can be a drag on others who have and continue to put in 150% effort. Coming from a smaller company that was aquired by Citrix it can be rough to see new people come in and do the bare minimum.
    Projects are often larger in scale then there is time to complete instead of smaller incremental changes that can help control quality. Training for new people is often pushed to the back-burner in favor of tossing new people into the deep end of the pool.

Communicate more often and to a wider audience. Go after the best and brightest. Strive to be a small Google type place to work.
    Give more time for developing products, improve project scheduling so it's realistic (build in time for new people/training, etc.)

Citrix- good products, bad employee motivation to remain loyal.

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Citrix Systems

Pros

Competitve products overall, market share for their flagship product, good supporting products through acquisitions, relationships with large enterprise companies, decent benefits.

Cons

Very hard to get a promotion, they do not recognize or respect the largest contributors on the sales side, but rather penalize them for performing with outrageous expectations and quotas. They do not listen to the field often enough on customer requirements, very slow in delivering key product enhancements that would facilitate more sales, and the compensation plan is below average for the Silicon Valley. They believe everyone is replaceable and therefore will let the top talent walk away with the belief that anyone can manage the top producing accounts which is a bad strategy and proven inaccurate with the results from that strategy.

Listen to your sales people, move some qualified and experienced sales people into upper management instead of people with consulting backgrounds, and equally distribute the sales quotas amongst every team, not focusing on the teams that produce the most- driving away the good sales/engineering talent.

$1 billion+ in revenue, now what?

Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Citrix Systems

Pros

Citrix has historically provided good benefits packages as well as some good opportunities to work on some interesting projects, if you're well-connected. The holiday parties are also a lot of fun.

Cons

It's a chaotic environment due to poor planning and capricious changes of direction. Roles and responsibilities are completely undefined so if you decide to take a job at Citrix (outside of product development which is grossly understaffed), be prepared for three other clowns claiming to have the same charter as you.

Other gripes? The company has no focus. Nothing is documented. Citrix employees suffer with and painfully endure the world's worst IT department.

Time to move on. You've done a great job building a $1B+ company, but we need new leaders to take the company to the next stage.

Worked for Citrix Systems? Contribute to the Community!