Citrix Systems

Citrix Systems Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Citrix Systems President, CEO, and Director Mark B. Templeton

Mark B. Templeton

Pros
  • 1-Work life balance is perfect, as you have the ability to work virtually from anywhere (in 128 reviews)

• Polite work environment - top leadership (CEO MarkT is leaving) enspouses humility and respect (in 55 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is no longer existent (use to be something coveted here) (in 21 reviews)

• Middle management should be trashed , they are ' Yes Men ' who don't stand up for their teams (in 23 reviews)

More Highlights

Constant restructuring and unstable atmosphere

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Santa Barbara, CA

ProsGood benefits, work-from-home options, decent salaries. High performers are allowed to self-direct and not be micro-managed.

ConsCulture of fear - "go along to get along". Evolving into a souless organization. Exec management out of touch with their teams, can't tell the slackers from the ones working endless OT to deliver and grow. Much talk about teamwork but in reality people climb over each other and focus more on self-promotion and taking credit than achieving common goals. Status quo rules; difficult to take risk and implement innovative ideas.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk to the people in the trenches to get a true pulse. Get management on board with providing clear direction and connecting with their teams. Employees are humans, not man-hours.

Overall great culture, people, and products.

ProsI've had a lot of opportunity to learn and grow professionally at Citrix. This is due to the great people that are I work with, and the management's willingness to allow me to take on projects that will challenge my abilities.

ConsEach department has their own take on the work life balance, and some of them do not encourage this balance as much as others. There are some business units that can teeter on the edge of over working employees for periods of time that are too long.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be a better communication throughout all departments that there should be a good work life balance. There are silos within Citrix that are not fully on board with the culture that Mark Templeton talks about during all hands meetings.

Great place to grow

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros-flexibility is great - I loved working from home 3 days each week
    -keeps up to date with trends - I learned a lot as the industry changed
    -excellent compensation and benefits

Cons-you have to be comfortable with change
    -lots of layers of approvals can make it tough to get things done quickly

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate annual goals earlier - like the fall before.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Vibrant, smart company

ProsCan be on the bleeding edge of technology. Can work remote. Many smart young talent in the organization.

ConsNot the best handling of remote employees. Always last to know and often left out of meetings. If I was located in Ft. Lauderdale, I feel my career opportunities would increase dramatically.
    Constant restructuring with the services organization which is frustrating. Different leadership with ideas on how to improve the organization change regularly, so it's difficult to take seriously.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the constant reorganization. Improve treatment/inclusion of remotely located employees. We're a company that's supposed to be all about visualization, but we can't seem to get it right ourselves!

Great place to work at and be pushed to your limits

ProsOpen minded work environment
    Easily promoted with hard work
    Up and coming
    Exposure to all types of tech

ConsSome employees are lazy and get away with it
    Old timers inefficient ways are tolerated

Advice to Senior ManagementHold employees to higher standards and be willing to get rid of the lazy ones

Love it!

ProsCompany culture is one of the best

Conslarge organization, be prepared for politics and asserting yourself..

Senior Management only wanted to promote the good old boys.

Field Sales Manager (Former Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsThe company vision was solid. There are some bright folks there. The benefits and pay was reasonable. I worked there for 7 years and saw with my own eyes how much the company grew. The company culture is good and I have used the core competencies I developed there in other organizations.

ConsAs I stated before, there are some bright folks there, but the not so bright seem to get the promotions because of who they know, not merit. They would oftentimes take credit for other's hard work as their own.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart promoting based on merit, not because this person can drink or likes your favorite football team, or perhaps belong to the same country club and loves to golf. Relationships are important, but so is logical reasoning, forward thinking and drive for personal success along with the success of an organization.

Citrix is a Great company

ProsI have learned a lot working at this company

ConsNot understanding how to be successful in my current role

Marketing

Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsGreat projects,people and Silicon Valley location

ConsDecision making at HQ is not in tune with Silicon Valley

Advice to Senior ManagementMove and think like Silicon Valley

One of the best employers in South Florida

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsExcellent work environment, opportunities for advancement, great co-workers, flexible dress code, ability to work remote, great benefits package. And yes, lots of free coffee, tea, sodas and snacks.

ConsCitrix is a big company, and like all big companies it takes a while to learn your way around. It can be frustrating trying to get things done, especially before you figure out who's who.

Worked for Citrix Systems? Contribute to the Community!