Citrix Systems

Employer Engaged

Awesome Company to work for

Current Employee - Linux Network Administrator in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Linux Network Administrator in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Citrix Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They really are concerned with Work/life balance. People are friendly and helpful and company had great benefits

Cons

Doing System Admin work put you on call and sometimes you would loose weekends doing upgrades

Comp time for Weekend Work

Great experience for an intern

I have been working at Citrix Systems

Pros

Very relaxed work environment, but with employees who do not slack off. As an intern, It is nice to be given relevant work to do that has a direct impact upon my team's success.

Cons

Sometimes I will finish all of the work assigned to me and have nothing to do, but I am not in a structured intern program, so that is no surprise really.

Once great company, on shaky ground

Former Employee - Services in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Services in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Citrix Systems full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good compensation, much to learn. Depending on your manager, you have the ability to move up, opportunities to develop yourself and flexibility to work from anywhere.

Cons

Unfortunately, some bad apples are stifling. Sad to see those are permitted to thrive now. Company has exploded and not been able to properly handle the growth as key leadership has gone downhill. Over 20 mil for a new office with a living garden and then layoffs a few month later? Definitely all about the numbers now, especially since the flaws have been exposed.

You trimmed the wrong fat. Reward loyalty and listen to your employees. Treat them with respect and rid yourself of arrogant leadership only looking to beef up their bank account and LinkedIn profile. Stop outsourcing. Quality over quantity, your customers are paying attention and your competitors are licking their chops.

I work around smart people and report to Senior Leadership that empowers me to be myself.

Current Contractor - Recruiter in Raleigh, NC
    Current Contractor - Recruiter in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Citrix Systems as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Competitive pay, great environment, remote capabilities, opportunity to move around

Cons

A bit unstructured but that works for me.

Keep up the good work!

Used to be a good place to work, not anymore.

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Citrix Systems full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Standard Silicon Valley large tech company. Don't believe the Citrite propaganda about it being a different place to work.

Cons

Constant re-organizations and layoffs. Horrible management that changes strategy by the month.

Believe in the vision of your products and in being able to work from anywhere. You have a ton of talented workers who could work almost anywhere but stay at Citrix because of being able to work remotely. Lately, for some reason management has decided that full time remote work is not possible and is trying to force remote workers into the offices. How can the company fill its management team with Luddites who believe that people need to sit next to each other to be creative or to get work done? It is a sign of a poor manager who believes that they need to see their employees sitting in an office to be able to manage them effectively.

One senior engineering VP recently berated remote workers implying that they were somehow less effective and possibly slacking off, while also stating that it wasn't fair that some remote workers lived in states where they could have bigger houses and cheaper rent. How can you fill your management team with leaders who have such a lack of vision. Why aren't you celebrating your remote workers and learning from them to make our products better rather than berating them every chance you get and trying to force them into a cubicle in an office?

The current Feb. 2015 layoffs were handled in the worst way I've ever seen for a layoff. Making everyone sweat out a week of uncertainty created a totally unproductive week of work across the entire company. We have so much work to do and so little time that to waste a week like this is really disappointing. To make everyone suffer through this week was also unkind to your employees.

Great people, benefits and product, but......

Former Employee - Financial Analyst
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst

I worked at Citrix Systems full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great people, great product, great pay and benefits

Cons

Citrix needs to get back its execution mojo. Although products are superior we are losing market share to competitors. A lot of the issues are due to a subculture of middle management protecting its turf and not doing what is best for the company.

Focus on execution and weed out individuals and layers that do not focus on the greater Citrix good.

Great company, no loyalty.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Citrix Systems full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Work life is great and opportunities for being a part of innovation and industry leadership initiatives are in abundance.

Cons

This company has no loyalty to its employees. Watch your back about every 5 years.

Learn to be driven by the care and commitment to your most precious asset (employees) over the leading of Wall-street.

It "use to be" a great place to work, but then.....

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Citrix Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedules, opportunities for training, practices the "work where ever you are" attitude, open door policy with direct management always a good thing.

Cons

Upper management is making it unbearable to perform good work, with all the metrics and micro management that's been placed on the front line engineers. It use to be the attitude of "do whatever it takes to help the customer"...no metrics involved. Within the last year, too many new metrics implemented that hinder good customer service and the whole notion of doing whats best for the customer is now gone...in favor of upper management watching "the bottom line"

To upper management...you need to get a hold on what it is your doing to your employees. You've almost completely turned your backs on the front line support engineers and have made it an unbearable environment. If you don't correct this soon, more employees will leave, just like I did.

The Ultimate Toxic Work Environment

I have been working at Citrix Systems

Pros

Benefits
    Free Snacks
    Flex
    Virtual Work Environment
    On site Gym

Cons

Unethical management
    Too many cliques
    Layoffs are a common occurrence

Show more empathy toward your employees regarding layoffs. Employees were notified on 1/28 of layoffs that would affect 900 people. The message that was given was delayering. However this was not the case because many employees who were laid off did not fit the criteria.

Cultural claims damaged with recent layoffs

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Citrix Systems full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good product and nice location

Cons

Personal growth, Compensation, communication and loyalty

Develop your people