Citrix Systems Reviews

1. 1

Current Employee - I in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - I in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Citrix Systems

Pros

A lot of smart people with a lot of good intentions.

Cons

Lots of important work is done on a reactionary level.

Advice to Management

Make sure you truly know what is happening within the business before making assumptions.

2. Good overall company to work for

Current Employee - Software Developer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Citrix Systems

Pros

Overall, it's a good place to work. Citrix allows you to be an individual without constantly looking over your shoulder. They have a flexible work schedule that allows you to work remote when needed. The company believes strongly in promoting from within. They have the occasional company social event that allows everyone to get together and socialize.

Cons

The overall benefits package could be a bit better. While not the worst benefits plans, there is room for improvement compared to what other companies in the area are offering. Outside of that, there's not too much else to complain about at this company.

Advice to Management

Take a look at the benefits package and compare that to what other companies in the area are offering.

A good place to work, but clouds on the horizon...

Current Employee - Lead Software Development Engineer II in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Lead Software Development Engineer II in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Citrix Systems

Pros

Citrix offers competitive salaries and a good benefits package. Up to this point individual offices have been the standard, but they're filling up fast so this may not last much longer. There is a good work/life balance - the unofficial motto is "work hard, play hard" - and the focus is primarily results-oriented, so micro-managing is generally not a concern. The company is trying to branch out away from it's traditional flagship product in what is now XenApp, so there are some interesting new things coming down the pipeline.

Cons

Every company has these to some extent, but Citrix seems a more conducive environment for them than most. "Coasters" are a big problem, since these people only actually want to appear like they're working. It can result in a lot of "passing the buck" onto someone else's plate and personal responsibility can be hard to come by. Unfortunately, management is not free from these people either.

Advice to Management

In recent years it seems that Citrix has drifted away from the fun, exciting spirit that the company grew successful within and has become overburdened with politics, process, and marking-driven engineering. I think we are at a critical point now, where it will either continue to diverge, or (hopefully) senior management will be able to exercise a little foresight and readjust the course.

Good products, bad people

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Citrix Systems

Pros

Most employees are lazy and create an illusion of being busy with activity. Too much fat in spending and people. Company has trimmed some of it over the years but this won't get anything done. It's like cutting 1% fat while 5% new fat grows. They need to cut all of it at once like a tumor.

Cons

Politics is rampant and pervasive even when compared to other companies rampant with politics.

Advice to Management

Hold yourself and your employees accountable including punishing those who do not deliver results. Focus on results instead of activity. Senior management is not too bad but the probem is mainly with a very weak middle management. In a way, I guess this is a senior management problem since they are the only ones who can make the necessary changes. A weak middle management peretuates and keeps status quo by hiring other weak people. It is an endless spiral.

6. Great company culture and C-level leadership but ignorant and uneducated managers.

Current Employee - IT Analyst in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - IT Analyst in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Citrix Systems

Pros

The best reasons to work for Citrix is the benefits, cutting-edge technology, compensation and work-life balance.

Cons

The downsides of working for Citrix is the management. Most managers are ignorant in their decision making and don't understand what it takes to achieve goals. Management also has no clue how to provide career coaching, build teams and motivate their employees. Also, the job growth opportunities for management are endless while the job growth opportunities for everyone else aren't there. Once you are in, you're in. There is not much career growth after you become an employee.

Advice to Management

My advice to senior management is to address the job growth issues ASAP. Management needs to create a path for everyone to have a fair opportunity to grow in their careers and with the company. I'd also advise senior management to stop micro-managing and listen to the feedback of their employees and show everyone respect and stop hiding behind titles and blackberry devices. And lastly, I'd strongly urge senior management to give educated, skilled, and qualified professionals the job opportunities.

7. Times They Are A Changin' At Citrix

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Citrix Systems

Pros

Company has great products & a large customer base.

Cons

Lack of clear direction...mixed messaging. Citrix has grown very quickly over the last 3 years,mostly by acquiring companies,& has struggled with keeping it's sales force & channel partners up to speed. Integrating these new companies & products has been challenging.

Advice to Management

None at this time.

8. Citrix is great place to be with a work hard, play hard culture in a very exiting, dynamic industry.

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Citrix Systems

Pros

Great culture, great people, fun, dynamic place to be. This industry is very faced paced, and Citrix is poised to really make some game changing advances in the way the applications and desktops are delivered both for traditional client-server and web-based apps.

Cons

There are few downsides, this is a very fast paced, always changing environmnet. If that doesn't appeal to you, Citrix is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Without the long-term vision of MarkT and his direct reports we would never be where we are today, Citrix would instead continue to be a one trick pony.

9. Fantastic Work Environment, Great People and Excellent Long-term Career Opportunity

I have been working at Citrix Systems

Pros

The corporate environment is very positive and people genuinely like eachother and support the corporate goals. It is a fun environment with plenty of opportunity for learning and growth. Training classes are encouraged and plenty are offered. Management encourages new ideas and fosters creativity. There is support for risk taking with investments and strategies. I like the ability to create and present business cases for funding to initiate the strategies. Management is very good at providing accolades when they are deserved.

Cons

Citrix does not encourage people to work from home which is strange since we sell the tools to enable home offices.

Advice to Management

Identify a replacement for John Burris quickly as it will provide confidence to the market that Citrix has succession planning.

10. Citrix: A pearl of a company

I have been working at Citrix Systems

Pros

Citrix offers a very comfortable workplace. It is a fast paced, always on the go environment. It offers tremendous opportunity for growth and is good about taking risks when necessary.

Cons

As a fast growing technology company, Citrix has not evolved their back office infrastructure at the same pace. Although the company is now making tremendous investments in this area, it needs to move a little faster.

Advice to Management

I am very proud of being part of the Citrix family and that pride has lots to do with the Senior Management. They have a vision, they know the current and future market opportunities for the company, and they have built an organization that is the envy of many in the industry.

Citrix is a good place to work.

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Citrix Systems

Pros

-Well-regarded company and brand; when you call on a customer or partner people greet you warmly. -Generally good products with above-average quality and support. -Thought leader in the industry, especially in virtualization and application delivery.

Cons

-These days, there is very limited equity distributed to employees in the form of stock options. -Citrix is not able to invest at the level of some its competitors, leaving us at a competitive disadvantage in some markets.

Advice to Management

-Provide employees a bigger stake in the company through stock options. -Don't forget about the products that make the money; all the new stuff is "cool" but we shouldn't ignore the products that got us to where we are today. -Stop changing product names all the time!

Showing 55 of 1,144 reviews