Citrix Systems Reviews

Updated October 23, 2014
3.8

Citrix Systems President, CEO, and Director Mark B. Templeton
Mark B. Templeton

Pros
  • The ability to work from home really helped gain a better work/life balance (in 146 reviews)

• It's generally easy to work from home for a day or so or take time off (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is no longer existent (use to be something coveted here) (in 22 reviews)

• The 'middle management' makes all the decisions without leveraging the talent below them (in 27 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company to work and grow up professionally and personally

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Citrix Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits, work life balance, environment. etc

Cons

No Cons that I can talk about Citrix

No Cons that I can talk about Management

Great company, Upward mobility, great work-home freedom

Current Employee - Anonymous in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Citrix Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great Company, Steady work flow, Great people, Fun games everywhere, good compensation, young environment

Cons

Work late, More compensation, healthier food

Higher compensation

Fantastic employee policies, awesome company

Current Employee - Senior Research Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Research Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Citrix Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay for the amount of work you have to do. I love it because even though they don't have a 20% policy like Google does, informally you can spend as much time as you want to deepen your technology skills - even in areas that are completely unrelated to your work. This kind of forward thinking has led to some of the highest employee satisfaction in the industry/country etc.

Cons

I wish they had more Cappuccino machines - as you can tell I can't complain much about my employer.

Please don't change a thing. I've heard from my dad that Bell Labs used to be like this - focus on long term and not go quarter by quarter - you will have happy employees (and smart ones too) and happy employees will result in great corporate success, profits etc.

Great place to work if you are in Technology

Former Employee - Program Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Citrix Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Extremely talented, smart, brilliant people. Great perks, drinks and snacks free (fruit, yogurt, juice, coffee etc). Company subsidized lunch (50%) provided by cafeteria on premise. Great knowledge and networking events.

Cons

Be prepared for conference calls and meetings to eat up hours of your day which forces you to skip lunch/eat at your desk or work till 8pm to make up for lost hours! Also, technology makes it convenient to work form anywhere, anytime so sometimes feels like "ball & chain" even when on vacation.

Continue to invest in resources to get your name out there. Lately have seen lots of news everywhere on competitors like VMWare but not much on Citrix!

Company culture is a sham!!

I worked at Citrix Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

cool co - workers .

Cons

middle management, good old boys club , friends that look out for their friends and to hell with everyone else. bunch of so called "managers" who don't know anything other that n what is in front of them.
    micro-managing
    unrealistic goals to no process just off the cuff development ... LCM team is overrun with people that have only worked at citrix and feel that they know more than anyone.
    if you like variety and using your brain and be a robot then look for other teams not LCM!!!!!

try listening to your workers disagreeing with managers who are milking projects to maintain their own longevity and let everyone else fall by the way side.

Good so far. I work in one of the fast moving divisions. Lot of opportunities but overworked at times

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Citrix Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

1. Great Culture
    2. Engineering oreinted organisation.
    3. People are valued.

Cons

1. people feel overworked.
    2. Lots of focus on handling current customers and less on future oriented projects. This is due to competing priorities.

This place is heaven!!

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Citrix Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good compensation, great people, and an incredible culture that is staunchly protected. This, and the fact that they run their business with the mindset of; "Take care of your people, they take care of the customer and the shareholders are happy as a byproduct" This is not lip service, they live it. There is a reason that Mark Templeton has a 94% approval rating. He is awesome!! I hope that this company doesn't grow up like all of the other Wall St. driven companies. If not, I hope to spend the next 20yrs here.

Cons

The fact that I didn't come here 20 years ago..

Keep doing what you're doing

Run and never come back

Former Employee - Anonymous in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Citrix Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working from home if you lucky.

Cons

The worst managers I've ever seen. They will use every dirty trick they can and then deny everything a week later.

Re Org every 3 months.
    Forget about career growth, this is where your career goes to die.

I can go on and on, but if you reading this and thinking about joining, do yourself a favor and Don't!

The most painful thing was watching good smart people getting destroyed by horrible managers and not being able to do anything about it.

The most useless HR in the industry.

When I got an offer from a different company, it was my happiest day at Citrix.

Keep doing what you doing, because it doesn't matter anymore, the damage is done.

I learned about selling but I did not enjoy the experience overall because the work was monotonous.

I worked at Citrix Systems as an intern

Pros

Good pay, fun culture, great coworkers

Cons

Unprofessional management, repetitive work, bad training program

Employ better managers, learn how to motivate and manage your employees

Good company, but terrible managers have people walking out and upper management &HR does not address the real problem .

Current Employee - Senior Position
    Current Employee - Senior Position

I have been working at Citrix Systems full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I've been with Citrix for over 7 years. Love that you can work on cutting edge technology, great work from home policy, competitive wage.

Cons

Managers are hiring people with no technical skills leaving the work load on those that haven't yet left the company. This is not company-wide. If you get the wrong manager, be prepared to work every weekend and 10-12 hour week days in order to meet their unreasonable expectations. And even then, don't be surprised to get a 2 % increase and a decrease in any variable target cash, while they use up the budget needlessly flying in and out of the country (GTM?).

You are losing some great long-time employees due to managers that do not know how to lead (fear factor, no work-life balance, zero empathy).