Citrix Systems

www.citrix.com
Employer Engaged

Great place to work with a lot of perks but starting to restructure

Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Citrix Systems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good leadership, the benefits are very competitive as well as the salary. The company culture is very enjoyable and the collaboration is outstanding.

Cons

It can be difficult to move up in the organization if you don't put yourself out there. This can happen with any company but your manager isn't going to automatically give you opportunities, you have to search for them yourself and prove your worth.

It was a great company to work at

I worked at Citrix Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The ability to have a work vs life balance, the benefits, great pay, awesome culture. Opportunity to grow within the company.

Cons

New teams do not have a stablished growing path.

Technical Lead Support Engineer

Current Employee - Technical Lead in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Technical Lead in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Citrix Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Citrix allows someone to learn the way that best suits them via self paced training and mentorship. Team members are strongly motivated to help new hires become productive and knowledgeable members of the team. Great employer contribution to healthcare plan, salary and PTO structure. Managers place your career path goals above selfish desires to keep a valuable employee in a given position and are anxious to assist you in achieving those goals. Also, love the voluntary weekend work.

Cons

More and more emphasis (and layers of work) has been placed on engineers in the documentation process of cases. Though this is intended to provide valuable data for tracking recurring issues, it places an extra burden on the technical support engineer who already has a notoriously stressful job to begin with. I fear we are losing the culture that made Citrix the unique company it was and trading it for "industry standard" practices.

Bring back the live classroom training and combine it with self paced learning for new hires.

Used to be a good place to work, not anymore.

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Citrix Systems full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Standard Silicon Valley large tech company. Don't believe the Citrite propaganda about it being a different place to work.

Cons

Constant re-organizations and layoffs. Horrible management that changes strategy by the month.

Believe in the vision of your products and in being able to work from anywhere. You have a ton of talented workers who could work almost anywhere but stay at Citrix because of being able to work remotely. Lately, for some reason management has decided that full time remote work is not possible and is trying to force remote workers into the offices. How can the company fill its management team with Luddites who believe that people need to sit next to each other to be creative or to get work done? It is a sign of a poor manager who believes that they need to see their employees sitting in an office to be able to manage them effectively.

One senior engineering VP recently berated remote workers implying that they were somehow less effective and possibly slacking off, while also stating that it wasn't fair that some remote workers lived in states where they could have bigger houses and cheaper rent. How can you fill your management team with leaders who have such a lack of vision. Why aren't you celebrating your remote workers and learning from them to make our products better rather than berating them every chance you get and trying to force them into a cubicle in an office?

The current Feb. 2015 layoffs were handled in the worst way I've ever seen for a layoff. Making everyone sweat out a week of uncertainty created a totally unproductive week of work across the entire company. We have so much work to do and so little time that to waste a week like this is really disappointing. To make everyone suffer through this week was also unkind to your employees.

Awesome Company to work for

Current Employee - Linux Network Administrator in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Linux Network Administrator in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Citrix Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They really are concerned with Work/life balance. People are friendly and helpful and company had great benefits

Cons

Doing System Admin work put you on call and sometimes you would loose weekends doing upgrades

Comp time for Weekend Work

Great experience for an intern

I have been working at Citrix Systems

Pros

Very relaxed work environment, but with employees who do not slack off. As an intern, It is nice to be given relevant work to do that has a direct impact upon my team's success.

Cons

Sometimes I will finish all of the work assigned to me and have nothing to do, but I am not in a structured intern program, so that is no surprise really.

Support Sales Specialist

Current Employee - Support Sales in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Support Sales in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Citrix Systems

Pros

Great Culture an d good team

Cons

Start as contractor until they hire with benefits

Great Culture, Great Benefits

Current Employee - Software Test Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Test Engineer

I have been working at Citrix Systems full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Been at Citrix for 6 months. So far so good. A rough start coming in to a new sort of role.
    Had very little help to get going. Besides that which is more department specific, Citrix does a good job with onboarding, employee training, etc.

CEO seems honestly interested in employee satisfaction, benefits are great. From day one they give you the opportunity to plan your career path.

Great benefits, healthcare still slightly expensive for a large company.
    Good PTO

Cons

Few public holidays, but they make up with it on PTO
    Not true to the work from anywhere promises. They leave it up the manage and from what I see, unless you are in sales, managers are not really up for it.

If you advertise a benefit, make sure its truly offered.

I work around smart people and report to Senior Leadership that empowers me to be myself.

Current Contractor - Recruiter in Raleigh, NC
    Current Contractor - Recruiter in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Citrix Systems as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Competitive pay, great environment, remote capabilities, opportunity to move around

Cons

A bit unstructured but that works for me.

Keep up the good work!

Once a leader now just another tech company trying to survive in a shifting market.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Citrix Systems full-time

Pros

Able to leverage 25 years of end user virtualization with a good portfolio of products and services. Networking products are competitive, good technical support staff.

Cons

Product- teams are more focused on hitting a delivery date vs, delivering a quality product. Innovation has been stagnant as Citrix tries to buy themselves into new markets. Citrix now finds themselves playing catch up to VMWare (Sabolic). Citrix completely gave up on XenServer hypervisor which was a huge mistake. Recent layoff shows that the virtualization space is stagnating and senior manager has lost their edge. Citrix refuses to directly engage the Desktop as a Service market and will get run over by Microsoft and Amazon in the years to come.

People - Arrogant, inept and self promoting are the best words to describe field sales management at Citrix. Will throw you under the bus in an instant as they don't know how to be leaders. Citrix pays well below industry average, territories are too small and quotes are not evenly distributed. Management will criticizes you publicly for some of most mundane process as they spend all their time in SalesForce and not in front of the customer. You will not be treated as a professional but as a replaceable cog as turnover is high.

Tenured employees are leaving, take a hard look at your management staff and make them more accountable. Focus product teams on delivering a quality product. The XD 7.X release cycle was a fiasco, missing the DaaS market.