Citrix Systems

Citrix Systems Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Citrix Systems President, CEO, and Director Mark B. Templeton

Mark B. Templeton

Pros
  • 1-Work life balance is perfect, as you have the ability to work virtually from anywhere (in 128 reviews)

• Polite work environment - top leadership (CEO MarkT is leaving) enspouses humility and respect (in 55 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is no longer existent (use to be something coveted here) (in 21 reviews)

• Middle management should be trashed , they are ' Yes Men ' who don't stand up for their teams (in 23 reviews)

More Highlights

Good peers, poor middle managers - flexible work location, inadequate career development/promotion

Principal Product Management (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsPolite work environment - top leadership (CEO MarkT is leaving) enspouses humility and respect.
    Flexibility - own technology allows employee to work from anywhere, anytime (Up to you do decide if you are going to work 24x7 :-))
    Typical compensation for a large company in the SF Bay area - nothing extra-ordinary.

ConsIncompetent midde managers - dont watch your back except for their own
    Lack promotion and talent management - based on how connected you are to higher-ups
    There are more to the corporate culture than all the fancy "Best workplace" awards - talk to former and current employees

Advice to Senior ManagementThe recent departure of many competent managers, replacements by outsiders who didn't live the corporate mantra, and upcoming retirement of Mark Templeton as CEO - will all lead to more departures and confusion.

It was a great place to work and grow my career, but definitely ready for something new

Director (Former Employee)

ProsGreat compensation & benefit package, as is the culture and values. The teams and products are overall solid. I loved the flexible work schedule, it makes you more empowered and passionate about what you do when you can do it best. I would recommend working here, depending on what the priorities are. Very stable and consistent company to work for.

ConsA lot of change, restructure, change management going on and some groups are better to work for than others. Think innovation and brand needs to continue to be a priority. It is unfortunate to see some lay-offs lately where some good talent are let go, while many are working crazy hours.

Great company and getter better!

Product Manager (Current Employee) Santa Barbara, CA

ProsLucky to have been there. Friendly group, great benefits/on-site facilities/events, supportive of learning. Non-confrontational culture, lots of freedom to do one's job. Great pay. Expect that this company will do some really innovative & impressive things and be a great place to work!

ConsWhen I was there (2 years ago) , there was difficulty executing, low accountability and some middle managers were able to bully, play favorites, etc., without any repercussion. Talent was often driven out and change adoption was too slow. Things have probably changed since this time.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to shape the company to be a player in tech and attract competitive people, and do as much skip-level interaction as possible to make sure they are allowed to be competitive.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Average job in a great company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat products, well respected in the industry.

ConsQuality of life varies significantly between departments and locations.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the transition to cloud and acquiring/retaining top talent.

Extremely good!

TRM (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsFlexibility, Open management, Freedom to show your potential, fair compensation and great people to work with . I have enjoyed working here as management acknowledges hard work , gives freedom to execute your ideas and therefore I feel people stick around for very long . Almost like home away from home:)

ConsNot too many policies that encourage transitioning across groups and roles

Advice to Senior ManagementMoving within the groups should be encouraged

Awesome place

Director (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsWork Life Balance, Great Work Environment, Cutting Edge Technology

ConsYou work with very motivated persons and so be ready for a challenging environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate vision to folks regularly.

Great technology, good place to work, but…

Territory Manager (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsOverall good culture, team members go out of their way to help a newbie out and get the lay of the land. Managers try to keep a high energy on the sales floor, as well as plan events and outings every so often for team building.

Great benefit packages, employee stock purchase plan, 401k, etc.

ConsHQ is very political. How well you get along with management is influential in your ability to gain access to additional training/growth opportunities.
    Although the technology is great, the inside sales team rarely has the opportunity to take advantage of the work-life balance that Citrix genuinely sells to customers through the solutions.

Nice place to work with, nice people and working environment

Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsYou have to freedom of work with your schedule

ConsThe challenge is working in the edge of the technolog and come up with you solution quick.

Great company to work for. Supportive culture with friendly co-worker.

Technical Relationship Manager (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsCompetitive salary, good co-workers and management, work/life balance, lots of training opportunities, free snacks and soda

ConsTraining is difficult to utilize for many positions due to lack of time.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Good company to work for

Software Test Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsFair benefits, supportive managers,

Consabuse of management trust by employees with poor work ethics causing unfair shift of work load on sincere workers

Advice to Senior ManagementMonitor abuse of "work from home" policy

Worked for Citrix Systems? Contribute to the Community!