Citrix Systems

Citrix Systems Reviews in Santa Clara, CA

Updated Jun 4, 2014

Citrix Systems President, CEO, and Director Mark B. Templeton

Mark B. Templeton

Pros
  • 1-Work life balance is perfect, as you have the ability to work virtually from anywhere(in 127 reviews)

• It's generally easy to work from home for a day or so or take time off(in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is no longer existent (use to be something coveted here)(in 21 reviews)

• Middle management should be trashed , they are ' Yes Men ' who don't stand up for their teams(in 23 reviews)

56 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Marketing

Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsGreat projects,people and Silicon Valley location

ConsDecision making at HQ is not in tune with Silicon Valley

Advice to Senior ManagementMove and think like Silicon Valley

Extremely good!

TRM (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsFlexibility, Open management, Freedom to show your potential, fair compensation and great people to work with . I have enjoyed working here as management acknowledges hard work , gives freedom to execute your ideas and therefore I feel people stick around for very long . Almost like home away from home:)

ConsNot too many policies that encourage transitioning across groups and roles

Advice to Senior ManagementMoving within the groups should be encouraged

Nice place to work with, nice people and working environment

Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsYou have to freedom of work with your schedule

ConsThe challenge is working in the edge of the technolog and come up with you solution quick.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company for College Grads!

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsI joined Citrix as a Software Test Engineer when I finished my BS degree, and I've been working at Citrix for almost 2 years. I've had the opportunity to work on several different projects within various product lines. I work with very smart, focused people and have learned a lot from them, but they have learned from me too, and I've seen some of my ideas become reality. I appreciate that they hire young people and respect their opinions. Cloud networking and virtualization is a great vertical, and the company is growing and has a bright future.

ConsYou will work hard! The motto around here is "Work Hard. Play Hard." You will work long hours to complete projects, but you can also take a break and play ping-pong with a co-worker.

Amazing Company...hope they stay that way

Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsGreat vision, high integrity, amazing people. CEO is awesome, but is retiring.

ConsLots of leadership turnover lately. Will they still be the same company in the future? I worry that some of the new execs are not as strong. I am also concerned about changing CEOs. Mark is amazing, but they need a new CEO who is willing to be bold.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe bold. The industry is changing rapidly, and you won't remain relevant without making big moves. Don't be afraid to take risks.

Simply the best experience I ever had with an employer

Senior Software Engineer II (Former Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsWork/life balance, challenging projects, exciting peers to work with, great benefits, free drinks, high quality inexpensive meals, free training, time to work on personal projects, lots of safety nets and more.

ConsI honestly can't think of anything

Marketing Consultant

Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsGood team, start-up like environment and lots of interesting projects

ConsSome politics at the corporate level

Advice to Senior Managementcorporate needs to think like a silicon valley company

Standard Mediocre Big Tech Company

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsWork Life balance was good. Flexible on remote work, but depends on your boss and group. Facilities are generally nice and well maintained. 401k match and PTO amount was good.

ConsCompany is very silo'd. Your experience will vary highly depending on your group. It's your standard big company that is incapable of any innovation on it's own, so acquires many companies haphazardly. Lots of deadwood in the company, lots of mediocrity. Like another reviewer mentioned, this is a place where mid-career engineers come to die. The culture is more akin to it's East Coast roots than Silicon Valley.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpdate your internal processes regarding HR and the way you train your managers. There is too much stagnation and decay that has resulted from not keeping tabs on your employees enough.

Work, Life, Balance don't pay the bills.

Sales (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsFlexibility in schedule and decent footprint within the industry.

ConsVision is obscured and unable to focus on the task at hand. Execution lacks sense of urgency. Compensation is at a industry low and management changes like a game of musical chairs.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay focused and execute the vision. Review compensation to industry standards.

The company lacked strong leadership and got too big too fast.

Sales Manager (Former Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsWas able to work remote most of the time.

ConsToo much red tape at every department of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementAssimilate the current companies they acquired already before moving on to the next.

Worked for Citrix Systems? Contribute to the Community!