City College Florida

Updated September 2, 2014
Updated September 2, 2014
2.3

CEO

I learned many life experiences at City College.

Former Employee - Program Manager in Altamonte Springs, FL
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Altamonte Springs, FL

I worked at City College Florida full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I helped students to accomplish their goal by completing their degree and finding the job of their dream.

Cons

It was a difficult task as the student as any other students have great challenges with finances, family and other factor to help them complete their goals.

The students are your customer. They are the reason you are in business so make sure they are happy and you will be happy also.

Unprofessional from the Top down. Leaders who are only concerned with their salary

Former Employee - Desktop Support/Network Administrative in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Desktop Support/Network Administrative in Miami, FL

I worked at City College Florida full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Looking for a paycheck, employees stick together, free classes, foot into a field, hard-working lower level employees, nice facilities

Cons

Leadership doesn't lead; just dictates, President and director are all friends or spouses of each other, Elitist club of senior management that is spending students cash on high-tech BS instead of improving quality education. i.e. No less than 10 $6,300 SMARTboard that teachers don't even know how to use. No room for growth unless one of the people above you died or divorced one of the other Campus Directors. Top management uses this college as their personal piggybank. Former president died of alcoholism, so his wife runs the show now. Honestly, I'm not sure if they are just really good at hiding their acts, but I'm really surprised that this place hasn't been shut down for embezzling, fraud or other legal issues. I was not given any opportunities for advancement. I was promised before hiring that I would be given the opportunities to work on additional projects and learn new skills which never happened.

For the record, I was a great employee, hard-working, never in trouble, positive attitude, bright and experienced, a bit too advanced for the work there. I ended up leaving for a much better paying job with higher earnings potential with a reputable and worldwide recognized company. This review only serves as a warning for others to just be careful and know what you are getting into.

Take some leadership classes, Motivate instead of delegate, don't substitute former Marine Corps recruiter experience for ACTUAL training, make room for growth for employees, hire decent directors.

City College ... Extremely Unprofessional in Altamonte Springs

Current Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Altamonte Springs, FL
    Current Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Altamonte Springs, FL

I have been working at City College Florida part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I honestly don't know if there are ANY good reasons to work there ... I was hired ... then "Unhired" without being told ... turned up two days before my start date after my emails and phone calls were not being returned. I had been taken of the teaching schedule without even being told.

Cons

Apparently a young, "power tripping" inexperienced female executive director "didn't like my attitude" ... I said that I preferred being called 'Dr.' rather 'Mr.' or 'Sir' on campus. I have the terminal degree, the experience, the publications to warrant that ... to do less than that in addressing someone is DISRESPECT.

All management should be replaced or receive "Professional Training." Total incompetence. You terminate someone before they start because you "don't like their attitude," and don't bother to inform them. Really ? ... just don't return emails, telephone calls, not a word. Unprofessionalism at a "Pretend School" ... How do you create decent programs for students without decent leadership? I would never recommend a place like this to anyone.

City College Inc - poor excuse for higher education

I worked at City College Florida

Pros

Co-workers and a few students.

Cons

Corporate Management need to look at themselves and fix their issues of lack of leadership, honesty and egos.
    I would NEVER recommend this school.

My Advice - money hungry management who do not care about the students, staff or instructors will crumble. The owner and her husband need to replace just a few corporate people and the school will probably have a better reputation.

disconnected

I have been working at City College Florida

Pros

interested students in changing their life

Cons

disconnected higher management with no communication skills

Not what it seems

I worked at City College Florida full-time

Pros

Nice atmosphere for students. Instructors really do care and want their students to learn and succeed. There some awesome coworkers you will come across.

Cons

Behind the scenes there are there is not much, to report stress is high and the pressure is on retention is on keeping students. No matter what it takes.

Fix yourselves then you might be able to fix the internal problems before your staff reports you.

Laid back position when hitting your numbers

Current Employee - Admissions Representative in Gainesville, FL
    Current Employee - Admissions Representative in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at City College Florida full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very laid back, Schedule fluctuates to be able to utilize your day time for errands

Cons

several levels of management only one or 2 of which is actually on campus so the pressure from corporate comes down the pipeline to the admissions reps to enroll more students.

Better sources of leads, more career fairs or school fairs and less reliance on internet leads that are cold.

City College in Florida offer Extraordinary, Educational, Experience!

Current Employee - Executive Director in Hollywood, FL
    Current Employee - Executive Director in Hollywood, FL

I have been working at City College Florida

Pros

Public company that works diligently to give employees and graduates opportunities to better their lives and contribute to their community.

Cons

If you like a smaller company that things big....then this is a downside.

Expansion is the goal....Florida is the state. What about other states to take City College?

City College Florida Photos